Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Relative Work:
FS1

SkydiveMonkey  (B 102345)

Dec 29, 2001, 2:20 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1182 views)
Shortcut
FS1 Can't Post

What exactly is involved in the training for FS1? I know you need a 4 point 4-way at the end to qualify. I've done a forward movement dive so far.

I like my women like I like my coffee - hot and with a spoon in Smile

skreamer

Dec 31, 2001, 6:35 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1142 views)
Shortcut
Re: FS1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you had a look on the BPA's site? (www.bpa.org.uk) Look under 'BPA Office' for 'Documents on-line'. Have you got your IC1 yet? If not, its probably a good idea to get that first because a lot of important areas are covered by it (eg canopy control, spotting etc.). BTW the FS1 isn't just *any* 4 point 4 way. I got warp coaching and found it helped me progress towards my FS1 in a safe structured manner.

Of course at Hinton your WARP coaching is subsidized by the DZ all the way up to your FS1 dive..... (and they subsidize FF1 coaching as well!) Smile

Will

3fLiEr

Jan 2, 2002, 5:29 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: FS1 [In reply to] Can't Post

The flat bitch warp covers - forward, backins, slow fall/fast fall, side ins, 360 in place turns, swooping (on formations NOT canopy.... ;op) once these have been covered you then have a 3 point 3 way then a 4 point 4 way to do.............. (which at hinton is a set dive)............. basically you learn the basics one on one and then use your skills to fly formation......... and once you get your FS1 you can leave all the flat shit behind and come out and have some REAL flying fun with FFly...............

BSBD

"In a world where we are slaves to gravity I am pleased to be a freedom fighter"

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Relative Work

Search for (options)