Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
1st mal pack job

flyhy  (C License)

Aug 17, 2003, 6:11 PM
Post #1 of 6 (845 views)
Shortcut
1st mal pack job Can't Post

Packed my first mal for our cameraman. It was his first mal, jump #325. Here's what happened:
it was a good packjob - but I left the bag on top of container to get a pull up before s folding the lines and placing the bag in the container. While I was away the bag fell off, through some of the front riser lines but when I came back, it looked all clear. The pilot chute was still at the 'clear' side of the lines, but I thought it must've fallen through the lines so I pulled it back. - Wrong end, the pilot chute was actually clear and I should've pulled the bag back through the lines. (Does that make sense?)
Anyway for pix check out:

http://www.geocities.com/nzskies03/mal.html

So what do we learn from that: never lose control of your packjob!

diverdriver  (D 19012)

Aug 17, 2003, 6:15 PM
Post #2 of 6 (832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyhy] 1st mal pack job [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.geocities.com/nzskies03/mal.html

alanab

Aug 17, 2003, 6:19 PM
Post #3 of 6 (824 views)
Shortcut

i dont see any pics there!?!

Unstable  (D 28930)

Aug 17, 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #4 of 6 (769 views)
Shortcut

How did the guy you were packing for take it????

FrogNog  (C 34484)

Aug 18, 2003, 10:50 AM
Post #5 of 6 (642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unstable] 1st mal pack job [In reply to] Can't Post

>How did the guy you were packing for take it????
>=============S. Smith================

Which direction does the beer-buying go? Do you buy beer because you packed your first mal? First mal you packed for him? And this was his first mal, his first mal from you, and his first tandem camera mal? See, the way I count (and I admit I'm quite new at this), he could end up having to buy 3 units of beer to your 2. Then he would have to communicate his feelings with the relative quality of the beer. Wink

P.S. Glad he was OK in the end. (He was OK, right?)

flyhy  (C License)

Aug 18, 2003, 5:56 PM
Post #6 of 6 (583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FrogNog] 1st mal pack job [In reply to] Can't Post

He was actually quite happy about that mal. He said it's good to be over it and don't have to worry about that '1st one'. -And it was quite a nice one too, no high speed, not even spinning around or anything. :)

No, it was his shout of course! I bought us two a beer after work.... and I had to entangle the cut away all messed up main.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)