Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
RW problem...

ADRNALN  (A License)

Nov 21, 2001, 6:53 AM
Post #1 of 6 (852 views)
Shortcut
RW problem... Can't Post

I have a connection problem during RW. I don't back slide, I actually crash-thru even on a simple 2-way. As I get close to linking up I end up losing alt. and crashing through my target. Any ideas as what I am doing incorrectly and how I can correct it?

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Nov 21, 2001, 8:28 AM
Post #2 of 6 (828 views)
Shortcut
Re: RW problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Stop 1 yard above and 3 yards back from your target. Catch your breath, collect your thoughts, then gently close the remaining distance.

Snowflake

Nov 21, 2001, 11:34 AM
Post #3 of 6 (801 views)
Shortcut

Like he said ....but you can also think of doing it in little spurts stop coast start during the coast you can judge your foreward/and or downward movement and adjust accordingly. Always remember one of the cardinal rules of RW is slow is fast (if it takes you longer to get there it's still better then crashing the formation)

Just this low jumpers .01 (I'm cheap)

Peace, Love, And Blue Ones in your soul forever

JG

GrumpySmurf  (C 32988)

Nov 21, 2001, 11:49 AM
Post #4 of 6 (796 views)
Shortcut

(I'm cheap)
but the question is, are you easy as well? ;)

lazerq3  (C -34113)

Nov 21, 2001, 12:07 PM
Post #5 of 6 (792 views)
Shortcut

One thing I was told once when overshooting a threeway was that they said I had a real good approach but that about 2ft from docking I stoped flying and because of that I started to float a little and then got sucked into the burble. The advice given was to slow down when docking but dont stop flying. Fly right into the formation and dock. As soon as your all together your fall rate will be right with theres. Anyway thats what I was told!

jason

RemiAndKaren  (C 2328)

Nov 21, 2001, 8:11 PM
Post #6 of 6 (766 views)
Shortcut

...but dont stop flying...

really good point... Never stop flying. It gets even more true when you start doing larger formation where you end up sitting in place for a while....

As a drill, try to do a no-contact RW jump with an experience jumper (so that there is a stable reference point). No contact jump really force you to practice proximity and flying 100% of the time (they are also very challenging, so dont get discourages if they you have a bit of a hard time at 1st)

Remi
Muff 914

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)