Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market?

PIXIP  (B 44340)

Aug 16, 2018, 3:28 AM
Post #1 of 5 (745 views)
Shortcut
Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market? Can't Post

Hey all,
I'm looking for the lightest Mirrorless around (for my first camera rig). According to https://en.wikipedia.org/..._EOS_digital_cameras, the original 2012 EOS M model is the lightest of all Canons, with which I can then use my existing EF lenses. However, it seems like it only uses a wifi remote.

My questions:

1. Can any EOS-M camera use a wired remote? for a blow switch.
2. Can any EOS-M camera use a programmed wireless remote? as in to program it to take a single photo every second or a burst in timed intervals.
3. Can any other mirrorless on the market have a wired remote while weighing under 300g?

Thanks

verdi

Aug 16, 2018, 4:27 AM
Post #2 of 5 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIXIP] Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market? [In reply to] Can't Post

sony a6000 + pancake lens ( 16 or 20mm ) is roughly 350g combined and has wired shutter

PIXIP  (B 44340)

Aug 16, 2018, 8:14 AM
Post #3 of 5 (692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [verdi] Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market? [In reply to] Can't Post

verdi wrote:
sony a6000 + pancake lens ( 16 or 20mm ) is roughly 350g combined and has wired shutter

Yeah looks good. Only problem is the Canon lenses I have which I won't be able to use. But that isn't a deal breaker.
How are the Sony NEX series cameras?

degeneration

Aug 16, 2018, 3:02 PM
Post #4 of 5 (639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIXIP] Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market? [In reply to] Can't Post

The sony A5100 is smaller so presumably lighter, than the A6000, so if lightweight is the priority, it is also worth considering.

According to dpreview (https://www.dpreview.com/...;products=sony_a6000) the A5100 is 283g, and the a6000 344g. Presume that is with kit lens.

(This post was edited by degeneration on Aug 16, 2018, 3:03 PM)

Skwrl  (C 36419)

Aug 27, 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #5 of 5 (317 views)
Shortcut

PIXIP wrote:
Hey all,
I'm looking for the lightest Mirrorless around (for my first camera rig). According to https://en.wikipedia.org/..._EOS_digital_cameras, the original 2012 EOS M model is the lightest of all Canons, with which I can then use my existing EF lenses. However, it seems like it only uses a wifi remote.

My questions:

1. Can any EOS-M camera use a wired remote? for a blow switch.
2. Can any EOS-M camera use a programmed wireless remote? as in to program it to take a single photo every second or a burst in timed intervals.
3. Can any other mirrorless on the market have a wired remote while weighing under 300g?

Thanks

I used a Canon M5 with a tongue switch (2.5mm jack). Worked fine. Note that it uses an EF-M format lens. So I you are trying to shoot with an EF or EF-S, you will need an adapter.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)