Forums: Skydiving: Tandem Skydiving:
A bigun.....

baronn  (D 22387)

Dec 4, 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1400 views)
Shortcut
A bigun..... Can't Post

Group of 6 show up and and 1 of them is a guy who is clearly of the larger dimension. I ask him to step on the scale and he suddenly has to use the bathroom. OK, I'll take the smaller 1's up. Get them done and I then get Tiny on the scale. 340 lbs +. Puts me over 560 with the gear. On top of that, he has a hard time even walking. And he wondered why he couldn't go.....

BASE841  (D 16629)

Dec 7, 2017, 7:34 AM
Post #2 of 4 (994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] A bigun..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny thing, in my experience women lie the most often about their weight. But the person who lied the biggest (more than 50 pounds) was a guy. Go figure...
In reply to:

baronn wrote:
Group of 6 show up and and 1 of them is a guy who is clearly of the larger dimension. I ask him to step on the scale and he suddenly has to use the bathroom. OK, I'll take the smaller 1's up. Get them done and I then get Tiny on the scale. 340 lbs +. Puts me over 560 with the gear. On top of that, he has a hard time even walking. And he wondered why he couldn't go.....

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 7, 2017, 4:25 PM
Post #3 of 4 (842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASE841] A bigun..... [In reply to] Can't Post

BASE841 wrote:
Funny thing, in my experience women lie the most often about their weight. But the person who lied the biggest (more than 50 pounds) was a guy. Go figure...
In reply to:

baronn wrote:

At Ravenswood in the 80s we'd often take off from the airport but jump down at the county fairground, which would be abandoned on those days. One day a group came including a young woman who was huge. But someone wanted her money so we watched them try to get her into a jumpsuit and give up, barely strap her into a rig and take her up for a static line jump. We looked at each other and said "this isn't going to end well."After awhile the plane comes back, we gear up and go up. The first thing we saw when we got over the courthouse was the EMS truck pulled down into the field where she'd landed. Well, for certain values of landed.

BIGUN  (D 23385)

Dec 10, 2017, 3:29 PM
Post #4 of 4 (450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] A bigun..... [In reply to] Can't Post

<----------- Just for the record, it wasn't me. LaughLaugh

Forums : Skydiving : Tandem Skydiving

Search for (options)