Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when.

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 1, 2017, 8:20 AM
Post #1 of 14 (1200 views)
Shortcut
You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. Can't Post

You're helping an old friend by putting up her antenna. You have to run the cable through her half basement and then you notice, lying in the other old junk down there...
Attachments: wart.jpg (171 KB)

3331  (D 3331)

Dec 1, 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #2 of 14 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob_Church] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

+1

jimmytavino  (A 3914)

Dec 2, 2017, 6:12 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob_Church] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks Like a StyleMaster...
Center Pull...PC and Kicker Plate....SmileCool
jmy A3914
D12122

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Dec 2, 2017, 6:55 PM
Post #4 of 14 (993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jimmy,

Quote:
Looks Like a StyleMaster...

Your eyes or your memory is going; or both. That reserve container is nothing like a StyleMaster, MiniSystem maybe.

A S/M reserve container was like a square cut block of wood; nothing like the rounded end flaps of that container.

Jerry Baumchen

rmarshall234  (D 18793)

Dec 2, 2017, 9:10 PM
Post #5 of 14 (980 views)
Shortcut

But did you smell it??Smile That's the true test of an Old Dog.. To pull it up to your face and take a big ol' wiff of nylon and nostalgia....and be carried "back to the day".SmileWink

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 3, 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #6 of 14 (895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rmarshall234] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

rmarshall234 wrote:
But did you smell it??Smile That's the true test of an Old Dog.. To pull it up to your face and take a big ol' wiff of nylon and nostalgia....and be carried "back to the day".SmileWink

No, I confess I never touched it. I was too busy with that damned antenna.

IanHarrop  (C 1152)

Dec 3, 2017, 3:52 PM
Post #7 of 14 (853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Easy to compare Minisystem to Stylemaster

Attachments: miniVSstyle.png (157 KB)

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 3, 2017, 4:47 PM
Post #8 of 14 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IanHarrop] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I've still got work to do on the damned antenna so the next time I'm over there, probably this week, I'll get the info off the container or card.
In the meantime, place your bets.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Dec 4, 2017, 11:06 AM
Post #9 of 14 (720 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bob,

Quote:

If you compare Ian's two photos & your photo, you will find that the StyleMaster has one very distinct, easy to see difference. On the S/M see the piece of 3" Type 4 webbing where the side flap meets the back of the container? Neither of the other two containers have that.

Jerry Baumchen

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 4, 2017, 4:12 PM
Post #10 of 14 (682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

JerryBaumchen wrote:
Hi Bob,

Quote:

If you compare Ian's two photos & your photo, you will find that the StyleMaster has one very distinct, easy to see difference. On the S/M see the piece of 3" Type 4 webbing where the side flap meets the back of the container? Neither of the other two containers have that.

Jerry Baumchen

I was thinking "bets on what it is" not if it's a Stylemaster or not, since it isn't. I'm not sure how well the photo shows it, but I could tell it wasn't from standing there looking at it.

(This post was edited by Bob_Church on Dec 4, 2017, 4:35 PM)

TampaPete  (B License)

Dec 4, 2017, 4:56 PM
Post #11 of 14 (671 views)
Shortcut

If were betting on what it is, my bet is D.B. Coopers missing money.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Dec 4, 2017, 5:56 PM
Post #12 of 14 (660 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bob,

Quote:
"bets on what it is"

I might make a bet if I had it in my hands.

I 'think' it is a MiniSystem; however, TampaPete may have the real answer. Do you have the phone number of the local FBI office?

Tongue

Jerry Baumchen

Bob_Church  (D 8195)

Dec 5, 2017, 7:06 AM
Post #13 of 14 (598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

JerryBaumchen wrote:
Hi Bob,

Quote:
"bets on what it is"

I might make a bet if I had it in my hands.

I 'think' it is a MiniSystem; however, TampaPete may have the real answer. Do you have the phone number of the local FBI office?

Tongue

Jerry Baumchen

No, but I'm sure they've got mine.

flyhi  (D License)

Dec 7, 2017, 4:06 AM
Post #14 of 14 (435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IanHarrop] You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when. [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Easy to compare Minisystem to Stylemaster

So the Minisystem is bigger than the Stylemaster?

Irony runs rampant, doesn't it?

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)