Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
HYPEYE Alpha Shipping

trunk  (D 28511)

May 15, 2017, 11:53 PM
Post #1 of 7 (3331 views)
Shortcut
HYPEYE Alpha Shipping Can't Post

We are now shipping the HYPEYE Alpha Indicator and Control System for the latest Sony Cameras. It controls Multi Term equipped Sony Camcorders, Action Cams, and Mirrorless Cameras.

Take a look at the product webpage for more details. I tend not to get on here much lately so please to email me directly for specific questions not answered by the page and videos.

Full disclosure. It's my product.

-Trunk

(This post was edited by trunk on May 16, 2017, 2:33 AM)

grantunderland  (D License)

May 16, 2017, 8:01 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [trunk] HYPEYE Alpha Shipping [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it on an x3000 at the DZ this weekend. Looks great and I'll be picking up a few when I've got the scratch.

coticj  (D License)

May 17, 2017, 3:22 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grantunderland] HYPEYE Alpha Shipping [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone have some mounting suggestions for X3000? I currently have it mounted with the waterproof case on a flat top helmet and don't really want to drill holes for cables. Some sort of skeleton housing would be nice, possibly something that shields the power/rec buttons.

trunk  (D 28511)

May 22, 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #4 of 7 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coticj] HYPEYE Alpha Shipping [In reply to] Can't Post

The camera itself has a 1/4-20 mount. I would lose the waterproof housing and use a standard camera plate. There is a fairly inexpensive up lens cover you can buy. The camera itself is fairly robust without the waterproof housing.

CTSkydiver  (D 18461)

May 22, 2017, 5:04 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2699 views)
Shortcut

This is outstandingly awesome news!

I'm very happy today. Great job, Trunk!

Ordered one of each (standard, flipped) ... AX-53, A-6300 / X3000.

Can't friggin' wait.

jumpsalot-2  (D 33093)

May 22, 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2629 views)
Shortcut

i watched the vid. Does the red light react when shooting in burst (Sony A6000) ? If you have come to buffering time during freefall, I would think the blue light would stay on even though you are activating your tongue/bite switch. Any feed back on that ? Thanks.

trunk  (D 28511)

May 22, 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jumpsalot-2] HYPEYE Alpha Shipping [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of what occurs with the HYPEYE ALPHA is limited by the Multi Term protocol itself. In the case of the bite switch, the status only indicates the state of the switch and not feedback from the camera. The photo activation for the X3000 is an additional feature we added, although not perfect, I feel its useful for some. I do wish the Sony Multi Term gave us feedback when a shot was taken, but it unfortunately does not.

This is all documented in the instructions and page located on the product page.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)