Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
interesting startup camera which tracks vertical

mr2mk1g  (C 103449)

Jun 4, 2016, 6:48 AM
Post #1 of 6 (4671 views)
Shortcut
interesting startup camera which tracks vertical Can't Post

What the title says. Could be interesting in skydiving. Iirc, already banned in competition though from many years ago.

https://www.indiegogo.com/...n-camera--2#/updates

dogboybirdy

Jun 4, 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #2 of 6 (4543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mr2mk1g] interesting startup camera which tracks vertical [In reply to] Can't Post

That thing is sick as hell... I will be adding one to my summer program for sure.

jrodrod  (C License)

Jan 25, 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mr2mk1g] interesting startup camera which tracks vertical [In reply to] Can't Post

mr2mk1g wrote:
Iirc, already banned in competition though from many years ago.

Delayed till at least April, according to the comments.

Camera banned from competition? What do you mean?

Anachronist

Jan 27, 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrodrod] interesting startup camera which tracks vertical [In reply to] Can't Post

mr2mk1g wrote:
Camera banned from competition? What do you mean?

Might be referring to freestyle or VFS, or maybe RW too. Part of the competition is the camera. So in FS and there is judging on how well the jump is filmed art/style points or as they call it "camera work." So anyway, I could see some neat gadget that makes the camera fliers job easier causing some problems. Just a guess though.

(This post was edited by Anachronist on Jan 27, 2017, 10:34 PM)

WickedWingsuits  (D 30916)

Jan 31, 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #5 of 6 (3105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrodrod] interesting startup camera which tracks vertical [In reply to] Can't Post

The rules normally read something like the following. This is from the FAI Competiton Rules for Wingsuit Flying.

7.4.3 The camera must be fixed by a static mount to the helmet. No roll, pitch or yaw movements of the camera, mechanical and/or digital zoom adjustment, or any digital effects (excluding steady shot or other image stabilization feature) may be used during competition jumps. Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in a score of zero (0) points.

Anachronist

Jan 31, 2017, 8:37 PM
Post #6 of 6 (3038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WickedWingsuits] interesting startup camera which tracks vertical [In reply to] Can't Post

Makes sense about the mounting. I don't see any harm in "steadyshot" or "BOSS" style stabilization though, it just improves the quality but if you point it the wrong way or let the jumpers get out of from... it is still pointed the wrong way and the jumpers are still out of the frame.

Unless they are just cutting off any and all future tracking software/hardware to avoid a debate of "does it stabilize, or does it track?"

Either way, for competition, who cares? For records though, it would be silly to deny one because it was "filmed with extra precision." But I assume that is not the case.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)