Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
RW 25th Year in Skydiving Tour

efs4ever  (D 7014)

Apr 30, 2003, 7:45 PM
Post #1 of 7 (730 views)
Shortcut
RW 25th Year in Skydiving Tour Can't Post

Well, I put together a Para Commander in a conventional rig and decided that I should visit every single DZ in Texas and jump the thing at each one of them this summer.

I've been to Beeville, Skydive Houston and Ags over Texas so far.

I'll be bringing some vintage pics that I took in the Dallas area in the 70s also.

It would be nice to have a little reunion of JUMA folks if any are reading this thread. Actually, any Dallas old timers getting together would be nice.

Russell Webb.

P.S. I'll be heading to Dallas on Friday, May 2, 2003.
Attachments: Resize of Re-exposure of P4261707.JPG (8.05 KB)

AggieDave  (D License)

Apr 30, 2003, 9:58 PM
Post #2 of 7 (711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [efs4ever] RW 25th Year in Skydiving Tour [In reply to] Can't Post

Psssss...We're "Skydive Aggieland" Tongue

Get up to Granbury and jump at Eagle Flight. You, Doc, Kim, and Bob need to do a 4-way vintage gear jump. They all jump their vintage gear, that'd be kick ass. Especially since Kim is a JUMA jumper!Cool

efs4ever  (D 7014)

May 2, 2003, 8:53 PM
Post #3 of 7 (672 views)
Shortcut

In Stephenville now, on the way to EAGLE FLIGHT in Granbury, TX and Skydive Dallas.

Stopped off at Skydive Temple at Salado, but they weren't jumping. Rich told me he doesn't allow "rounds" on the dropzone.

Ended up jumping off of a picnic table (rigged with round, of course..)

Jethers203  (D 24352)

May 3, 2003, 12:34 PM
Post #4 of 7 (661 views)
Shortcut

Hey Russel,

Have you been out to Skydive El Paso yet. I don't know if you were going because it is technically in New Mexico. Anyway, let me know. Tell Bob and everyone I said hi if you do.

John Chamales D-24352

efs4ever  (D 7014)

May 4, 2003, 3:00 PM
Post #5 of 7 (640 views)
Shortcut

Eagle Flight, Granbury, Texas. Frown

Bad weather. One jump, but not on my PC. Kim Fuller came and showed me some Para Commanders that were BRAND NEW. Gotta pack these babies careful, because they don't make them any more.

Mike Polhemus, a friend from my Yewt in Saudi Arabia lives in Granbury and flew his AerCoupe by. I put the camera onto the side to shoot some cockpit noise.

On to Skydive Dallas, where Stan Scrimsher enjoyed the Museum Pieces that are my vintage pictures. There are shots of his 8 year old self hanging out at Seagoville, Texas in the 70s. That's about all the pleasure I got there. Arrived at night and awoke to howling winds and low overcast.

Shee it.

Now in a motel in Dallas waiting for tomorrow to come so I can go to Palestine, Texas on bidness.

RW
Attachments: Resize of DSC00018.JPG (27.7 KB)

AggieDave  (D License)

May 4, 2003, 7:45 PM
Post #6 of 7 (626 views)
Shortcut

Glad you got to hook up with the EF crew, even if jumps weren't happening today. Doc and Kim are great guys...Doc was one of my original JMs tossing my ass out on S/L there.Cool

mikeat10500  (B 3715)

May 6, 2003, 9:02 AM
Post #7 of 7 (611 views)
Shortcut

This is very cool!!!!
Hope to see more pics.

....mikeSmile

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)