Forums: International: Stammtisch:
Germany service life.

councilman24  (D 8631)

Jun 6, 2014, 9:29 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Germany service life. Can't Post

Excuse my intrusion in English. Unlike much of the world I only speak english. Blush

Do the German authorities impose a mandatory service life.from Date of Manu. on equipment components? If so, which components and how long.

Thank you.

FrancoR

Jun 6, 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [councilman24] Germany service life. [In reply to] Can't Post

councilman24 wrote:
Excuse my intrusion in English. Unlike much of the world I only speak english. Blush

Do the German authorities impose a mandatory service life.from Date of Manu. on equipment components? If so, which components and how long.

Thank you.

Not any more, it used to be 15 years on container and reserve.

councilman24  (D 8631)

Jun 6, 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FrancoR] Germany service life. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. Thought it was 15 but didn't know it was changed.

Panthim  (D 26053)

Jun 7, 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1595 views)
Shortcut

http://www.prueferverband.de/...es/PV/DOC/repack.pdf

feuergnom  (D License)

Jun 8, 2014, 5:20 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Panthim] Germany service life. [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry but I don't get it - means lifetime (airworthyness) is decided by the rigger???? sorry if I'm slow

FrancoR

Jun 9, 2014, 3:49 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [feuergnom] Germany service life. [In reply to] Can't Post

feuergnom wrote:
sorry but I don't get it - means lifetime (airworthyness) is decided by the rigger???? sorry if I'm slow

If the manufacturer does not set a earlier lifetime limit then it is the rigger you who can, by refusing to declare it airworthy for another year. Not sure how the "Urspruungslandregelung" works, but i suppose the regulations of the country of origin are applied.

Merkur  (D 27990)

Jun 10, 2014, 3:45 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1381 views)
Shortcut

As mentioned in a previous post, this has changed a couple of years ago from being limited to now unlimited,
unless
--> the equipment has not passed the yearly check performed (and documented) by a rigger
--> the manufacturer of the Equipment states a limit
--> the Country, where the manufacturer is located has laws, that Limit the lifetime of sauch Equipment (this is the Ursprungslandregelung)

blue ones,
M.

In addition, something similar applies to the reserve repack cycle
--> yearly after inspection and (documented) repack
--> unless manufacturer or manufacturers-country rules require it more often

pchapman  (D 1014)

Jun 11, 2014, 2:50 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1228 views)
Shortcut

Good to know the silly old 15 year rules are gone.

The Country of Origin rules are very strictly and bizarrely applied, in that document from prueferverband.de.

So if you have a Cricket reserve from Glide Path, which no longer exists, it is good for a 120 days reserve pack job, but the same canopy from the new Flight Concepts company is good to 180 days. Or, Racers are good for 120 days because that's in the manuals, which are older, even though Jump Shack of course allows 180 days nowadays. Or all Strong gear, not just tandems, are only allowed 120 days, and have a lifetime of 8 years + 5 if recertified + 5 if recertified one more time. PISA Tempos are given a 20 year life as that's supposedly in the manual.

The same in German:
In Deutsch, schnell und schlecht uebersetzt:

Gut zu wissen, das es die komische 15 Jahren Lebensdauer nicht mehr gibt.

Die Ursprungslandregelungen sind sehr streng und bizarre gemacht, im Dokument vom prueferverband.de.

Wenn man ein Cricket Reserve von Glide Path hat (eine Firma die es jetzt nicht gibt), dann ist die Reserve fuer 120 Tagen erlaubt. Aber das selbe von das neue Flight Concepts gilt fuer 180 Tage. Oder, alle Racer sind fuer 120 Tage gut, weil es das in die Benutzerhandbuecher steht, die vor vielen Jahren geschrieben waren. Obwohl Jump Shack natuerlich 180 Tage in den Staten jetzt erlaubt. Oder fuer Strong, nicht nur fuer Tandeme, da gilt nur 120 Tage, und das Leben alle Geraete ist nure 8 Jahre + 5 Jahre nach Rezertifizierung + die letzte 5 Jahre nach Rezertifizierung. PISA Tempo haben 20 Jahre Leben, da das soll im Benutzerhandbuch stehen.

a.n.knowen  (D 321)

Aug 12, 2014, 1:26 AM
Post #9 of 9 (413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pchapman] Germany service life. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or all Strong gear, not just tandems, are only allowed 120 days, and have a lifetime of 8 years + 5 if recertified + 5 if recertified one more time.
This Recert rule is only applicable for DHT DOM before 2008.
DHT and TNT DOM 010108 and later have 10 years +/- 6 month
plus an other 10 years. so total lifetime of harness is 20 years + 6 month

We can not see any Recert rules for e.g. Qasar 2

Forums : International : Stammtisch

Search for (options)