Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Hawaii DZs

Reese04  (D 28078)

Jun 21, 2014, 7:45 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1228 views)
Shortcut
Hawaii DZs Can't Post

Hello,

I'll be in the Honolulu area for work with a few colleagues who also jump over the next two weeks. We're all current, looking to make some fun jumps on the weekends. Any up-to-date info on the local dz's at Dillingham? Any suggestions on places to stay on the North Shore? Long shot, but anyone offering rides from Honolulu?

Thanks for the info!

-Cass

Gyone  (A 68971)

Jun 22, 2014, 1:27 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reese04] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Right now you would have to go to Pacific for fun jumps. They just require a B license. Also there is a Facebook group, Hawaii Fun Jumpers. Check it out and there may be a pretty good chance you could find a ride to the DZ.

(This post was edited by Gyone on Jun 22, 2014, 1:30 AM)

flyhi  (D License)

Jun 22, 2014, 4:00 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gyone] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

What happened to Skydive Hawaii?

stratostar  (Student)

Jun 22, 2014, 7:15 AM
Post #4 of 10 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyhi] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

They are still there, they don't allow fun jumpers any longer, as of about two months ago.

cjdskydiver  (D 21546)

Jun 23, 2014, 7:21 AM
Post #5 of 10 (945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, why not?

stratostar  (Student)

Jun 23, 2014, 7:40 AM
Post #6 of 10 (931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cjdskydiver] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

you would need to call them to ask why.

(This post was edited by stratostar on Jun 23, 2014, 7:41 AM)

Reese04  (D 28078)

Jun 25, 2014, 2:33 AM
Post #7 of 10 (776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gyone] Hawaii DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks, all, for the updated information.

stayhigh  (F 111)

Jun 25, 2014, 5:56 AM
Post #8 of 10 (720 views)
Shortcut

fuck skydiving in Hawaii.

Both are tandem mills, and you'll sit around all day missing out on beautiful island.

Bring your snorkle gear, go scuba, try out SUP or real surfing.

ctrph8  (D License)

Jun 26, 2014, 1:43 AM
Post #9 of 10 (628 views)
Shortcut

Reese04 wrote:
Hello,

I'll be in the Honolulu area for work with a few colleagues who also jump over the next two weeks. We're all current, looking to make some fun jumps on the weekends. Any up-to-date info on the local dz's at Dillingham? Any suggestions on places to stay on the North Shore? Long shot, but anyone offering rides from Honolulu?

Thanks for the info

-Cass

Yes. Definitely check out the Hawaii Fun Jumpers page. Over the last year our little skydiving community has turned into a really great bunch of folks at pretty much every level of skydiving. You can find your niche. If you come out on the weekends there will be tons of folks to jump with and to hang out with. Weekdays there will still be some sport skydivers out but it is more spotty. Feel free to shoot me a PM when you get here and I'll give you the scoop. We see this scenery all the time but last weekend it was so gorgeous that on every flight I was on someone would say "Damn" and just gape at the view.

ChaseTheHorizon  (A License)

Jul 6, 2014, 8:23 PM
Post #10 of 10 (397 views)
Shortcut

How has the jumping been? I just arrived, I'm staying in Honoulu for 4 weeks for work. None of my coworkers jump but I brought my rig and am hoping to make it up to Pacific Skydiving whenever I have time off. You don't happen to be here for RIMPAC do you?

Joe

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)