Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel?

 

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Moderator
Jul 26, 2013, 8:26 AM
Post #26 of 53 (3813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [juggalo17] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

The article makes it seem like this would be a second tunnel in the city at the same time.


Premier Remster  (C License)

Jul 26, 2013, 8:48 AM
Post #27 of 53 (3805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

PhreeZone wrote:
The article makes it seem like this would be a second tunnel in the city at the same time.

Just like buses. You wait for ever for one, and then 2 show up... Wink


Nukrites  (D 30239)

Aug 7, 2013, 7:36 AM
Post #28 of 53 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

rumors go around there will be 3 tunnels, first in December 2013







picture courtesy of Will
Attachments: 523446_10151817595305833_764377822_n.jpg (63.8 KB)


Kahuna  (D 13921)

Nov 10, 2013, 3:56 AM
Post #29 of 53 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nukrites] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

update! Tongue


picture courtesy of Will


(This post was edited by Kahuna on Nov 10, 2013, 3:57 AM)
Attachments: 555967_10152028599065833_963275654_n.jpg (88.6 KB)


wicodefly  (B License)

Nov 17, 2013, 7:54 PM
Post #30 of 53 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kahuna] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome. Any word on when it will be open for business?


labrys  (D 29848)

Nov 18, 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #31 of 53 (2793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wicodefly] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Awesome. Any word on when it will be open for business?

The picture says Dec 2013. Anyone know if they're still on track for that?


skycat  (D 25740)

Nov 18, 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #32 of 53 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labrys] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)


ksmaximums

Nov 18, 2013, 4:20 PM
Post #33 of 53 (2742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ify posted on Facebook that ground has been broken at two locations
In the Chicago area. I believe they started the first one in late Oct.


Vallerina  (C License)

Nov 18, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #34 of 53 (2721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skycat] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

skycat wrote:
Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I just can't get away from that guy!


Premier Remster  (C License)

Nov 19, 2013, 8:16 AM
Post #35 of 53 (2672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vallerina] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Vallerina wrote:
skycat wrote:
Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I just can't get away from that guy!

I'd put a restraining order on him if I were you. Unimpressed


Vallerina  (C License)

Nov 29, 2013, 8:48 AM
Post #36 of 53 (2490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Remster wrote:
Vallerina wrote:
skycat wrote:
Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I just can't get away from that guy!

I'd put a restraining order on him if I were you. Unimpressed

Like that would work.

I swung by yesterday, and I'm happy that without traffic, it's just a 25 minute drive for me! Attached the pic I snapped while doing my happy dance.
Attachments: 883523_10201693209864586_1754569292_o.jpg (108 KB)


zimmerk9  (C 39568)

Dec 14, 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #37 of 53 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vallerina] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Any update to the tunnel? I know there was a sign that said coming december 2013 and we are getting close to the end.


wicodefly  (B License)

Dec 14, 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #38 of 53 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zimmerk9] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's looking better and better every picture I see. Can't wait!


parawhat  (B License)

Dec 16, 2013, 2:40 PM
Post #39 of 53 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zimmerk9] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

zimmerk9 wrote:
Any update to the tunnel? I know there was a sign that said coming december 2013 and we are getting close to the end.

Rosemont: March 1st
Naperville: May 1st


Squeak  (E 1313)

Dec 16, 2013, 5:57 PM
Post #40 of 53 (2096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [parawhat] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

early bird prices just posted on FB
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/...4455_517944415_n.jpg


zimmerk9  (C 39568)

Dec 20, 2013, 2:44 AM
Post #41 of 53 (1995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet!!!! I will be preordering some time this week!


jumpwally  (D License)

Apr 21, 2014, 7:30 AM
Post #42 of 53 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zimmerk9] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Any updates ?


wicodefly  (B License)

Apr 21, 2014, 2:56 PM
Post #43 of 53 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jumpwally] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know anything anyone else doesn't, but here's a status update from their FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/iFLYChicag

It says:

"We anticipate accepting reservations mid-to-late May but are not exactly sure of the IT installment schedule yet. We will keep you posted here on facebook...."

If they're waiting on IT, my guess would be at least two years :)


skycat  (D 25740)

Apr 24, 2014, 3:15 PM
Post #44 of 53 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wicodefly] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

They are balancing the fans in Rosemont on Monday, commissioning will be soon after that. I will post when DV tells me the fans are turning, but it is very soon. I think they are shooting for a mid-may opening date.


SkydiverShawn  (C 40994)

Apr 25, 2014, 5:58 AM
Post #45 of 53 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skycat] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

skycat wrote:
They are balancing the fans in Rosemont on Monday, commissioning will be soon after that. I will post when DV tells me the fans are turning, but it is very soon. I think they are shooting for a mid-may opening date.

May is highly unlikely, June is more realistic. Capture from their website attached.

http://www.rosemont.com/ifly-skydiving-update/


(This post was edited by SkydiverShawn on Apr 25, 2014, 5:59 AM)
Attachments: Capture.PNG (6.60 KB)


kallend  (D 23151)

May 31, 2014, 5:38 AM
Post #46 of 53 (865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkydiverShawn] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Chicago Tribune had photos online today of kids in the tunnel.


wicodefly  (B License)

May 31, 2014, 8:18 AM
Post #47 of 53 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

kallend wrote:
Chicago Tribune had photos online today of kids in the tunnel.

Yes. It's open.


BMichaeli  (C License)

Jun 5, 2014, 3:16 PM
Post #48 of 53 (750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosemont is fully open, Naperville is trying to open in 3 weeks.


Zoso  (D 32786)

Jun 8, 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #49 of 53 (661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kahuna] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

I just called the Rosemont iFly and inquired about their specs. Rosemont and Naperville are both 14 footers. The person I spoke to did not know the horsepower, but she said she thought they were both capable of 170mph.


Fast  (D 28237)

Jun 9, 2014, 3:11 PM
Post #50 of 53 (614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zoso] Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's plenty fast.

:)




(This post was edited by Fast on Jun 9, 2014, 3:13 PM)
Attachments: 10339486_10152158831873940_5053628637333009001_o.jpg (165 KB)


First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

 


Search for (options)