Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
USPA Licenses in Germany

prashvv

Feb 24, 2014, 5:18 PM
Post #1 of 12 (1579 views)
Shortcut
USPA Licenses in Germany Can't Post

I'm trying to get USPA Licenses A-D in Germany. Does anyone know a cheap place where they offer training? I have decided to move to Germany from the USA. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Southern_Man  (C License)

Feb 24, 2014, 5:20 PM
Post #2 of 12 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prashvv] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

As I understand it pretty much anywhere in Western europe is going to be more expensive to skydive than pretty much anywhere in the USA.

prashvv

Feb 24, 2014, 5:22 PM
Post #3 of 12 (1540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southern_Man] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your response. However, I don't have enough time to do it in the USA. :(

Tink1717  (D 12524)

Feb 24, 2014, 5:54 PM
Post #4 of 12 (1506 views)
Shortcut

What's in Germany for you? I have family there. Been thinking about GTFO from here for a while.

prashvv

Feb 24, 2014, 6:34 PM
Post #5 of 12 (1462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tink1717] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to study the culture. If i find a job, i would like to stay there for a few years.

Pobrause

Feb 25, 2014, 2:20 AM
Post #6 of 12 (1375 views)
Shortcut

There is no such thing as cheap skydiving here in Germany.
(Compared to the US)
As a licensed skydiver 25 Euros is the best I have seen (bigger Dropzone and I had to buy 100 jumps at once to realise this price)
AFF plus german licenze is about 2500 up to 2800 Euros (25 jumps)

IMHO first get a Job, get your life straight and then think again about skydiving here in Germany

YvonneWiggers  (D License)

Feb 25, 2014, 2:52 AM
Post #7 of 12 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pobrause] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

Skydiving in Belgium on the other hand can be super cheap for western European standards, and depending on where you'll be in Germany may be well worth having a look at. Jump prices can go down to 15 euros a jump.

Deimian

Feb 25, 2014, 6:21 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YvonneWiggers] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

On the western part of Germany (Aachen, Cologne, Bonn...) there are quite a few jumpers that go to Belgium (Spa). The prices are not supercheap though (21 euros for members of the club). I think Zwartzberg is cheaper (17 euros?), but smaller.

MikeBIBOM  (B License)

Feb 25, 2014, 7:26 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southern_Man] USPA Licenses in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

This is only because of the VAT mark-up. If you are eligible for VAT exemption in Germany (i.e. have the appropriate forms), contact the DZ and ask if they accept them, many do. The price difference will even out in the end.

AFF to license is about $3000 USD. 25-2800 EUR isn't bad in comparison if you get the tax exemption.

(This post was edited by MikeBIBOM on Feb 25, 2014, 7:28 AM)

irishrigger  (D 297)

Feb 25, 2014, 3:28 PM
Post #10 of 12 (1081 views)
Shortcut

you can make contact with a guy called Frank Carreras. his website is www.aircrew.de
frank is a course director for every rating. make contact with him and he be able to advise where he is running courses.

Rodger

FrancoR

Feb 26, 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1004 views)
Shortcut

prashvv wrote:
I'm trying to get USPA Licenses A-D in Germany. Does anyone know a cheap place where they offer training? I have decided to move to Germany from the USA. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

If you want to get a USPA License there are USPA DZs in Germany that may help you. One of them is http://www.skydive-nuggets.de very far south in Germany. If you actually live in Germany it could be an issue if you only have a USPA license and not the german License, to make sure if that could be an issue you may want to contact the German parachute federation http://www.dfv.aero/Verband/Kontakt.

jurgencamps  (D License)

Mar 3, 2014, 2:15 AM
Post #12 of 12 (849 views)
Shortcut

Or just start to jump in Germany or Belgium, get your FAI A - D Licenses (world wide accepted) and when you are back in the States, you can ask what you have to do to get an USPA license.

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)