Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

 

First page Previous page 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 ... 2250 Next page Last page  View All

RobertMBlevins

Feb 23, 2014, 6:35 PM
Post #51901 of 56249 (29921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
lol...I had you pegged at 8 posts before you would bring that up. For someone that can't stand them, you sure do bring them up again and again and again ad nauseum. I honestly don't care what you do with them because I ignore stupid internet filth.

Robert, you are the one that quotes comments from other sites saying they are bad, not me. You are the one that keeps bringing up your filthy pdfs over and over and over again, not me. You are the one that can't see that you might be part of the problem.

The main reason I mention moderator is because you have already been a direct cause of people leaving this forum voluntarily. I know this because people have told me this. Your continued obsession with comments from other sites will run at least one more off. I enjoy coming here and I don't think that you should be allowed to hijack the forum for personal reasons. But that's just me.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
I don't 'make people leave this forum voluntarily'. That's just an excuse they use. Maybe they get bored. Maybe they get banned. I pointed out the PDF's back there for one really good reason:

It shows EXACTLY where the problem lies with some folks around here. There is no spin possible for this, and when the same people who are whining HERE about Robert, etc spend months making all those comments, then how do you justify that?

I ignore internet filth as well, but here's the problem: It isn't anonymous, general-category filth. It's filth that was created by the same people who are doing the whining right now. People whose posts you answer all the time. They are known to you. That is the difference.

You'll have to explain to me how you can justify their actions on that...and then nod your head and commiserate with them on how bad Blevins is...LOL. Tough job, I would say. Time to do a morals check, my friend. Wink


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 23, 2014, 6:36 PM)


smokin99

Feb 23, 2014, 6:51 PM
Post #51902 of 56249 (29901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Quote:
lol...I had you pegged at 8 posts before you would bring that up. For someone that can't stand them, you sure do bring them up again and again and again ad nauseum. I honestly don't care what you do with them because I ignore stupid internet filth.

Robert, you are the one that quotes comments from other sites saying they are bad, not me. You are the one that keeps bringing up your filthy pdfs over and over and over again, not me. You are the one that can't see that you might be part of the problem.

The main reason I mention moderator is because you have already been a direct cause of people leaving this forum voluntarily. I know this because people have told me this. Your continued obsession with comments from other sites will run at least one more off. I enjoy coming here and I don't think that you should be allowed to hijack the forum for personal reasons. But that's just me.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
I don't 'make people leave this forum voluntarily'. That's just an excuse they use. Maybe they get bored. Maybe they get banned. I pointed out the PDF's back there for one really good reason:

It shows EXACTLY where the problem lies with some folks around here. There is no spin possible for this, and when the same people who are whining HERE about Robert, etc spend months making all those comments, then how do you justify that?

I ignore internet filth as well, but here's the problem: It isn't anonymous, general-category filth. It's filth that was created by the same people who are doing the whining right now. People whose posts you answer all the time. They are known to you. That is the difference.

You'll have to explain to me how you can justify their actions on that...and then nod your head and commiserate with them on how bad Blevins is...LOL. Tough job, I would say. Time to do a morals check, my friend. Wink

No Robert, these are not necessarily people from another site who have been banned. These are people that got tired of your posts. How do I know they left because of you - because they told me so.

Robert, no you do not ignore internet filth. Anyone else would have let the site owner know and had them requested to take down. You on the other hand, copied them all to a PDF so that you could read and talk about them over and over and over again. Oh yeah, and every once in a while threaten to re-post them for some asinine reason. You make a lot of accusations but to my knowledge you haven't proven a single one. As we have seen from inaccurate stuff about Kenny that you put out before all facts are in, you have not garnered much faith in your ability to prove something.

So, Robert, my friend, my morals check says that I believe people are innocent until proven guilty. But that's just mine. I can't speak to yours.


(This post was edited by smokin99 on Feb 23, 2014, 6:53 PM)


RobertMBlevins

Feb 23, 2014, 7:18 PM
Post #51903 of 56249 (29879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Well...I suppose I could make the PDF's available...after adding some notes to them so that readers could better understand the true identities of these folks. You know. So they could have someone to blame for being shocked so badly.

Of course, I would be a real jerk to do that, wouldn't I?

You understand that many of the same people you listened to who said 'Blevins made me leave' (funny) are the same people who made those comments...and that it took months of work for them to do so? Maybe they didn't leave because of me. Maybe they left because they were busy elsewhere. (*laughs*)

Let's face it. You don't have a single moral leg to stand on here. Not one. Now you say you want me to 'prove' something regarding the PDF's? This isn't a DB Cooper thing. You are asking for something here that's reletively easy to do, and to a certain extent...has already been done by people like Mullenberg (probably one of his minions, not he personally), Greg our techie guy, and others.

You can tell folks to relax. I would be a real shit to make their garbage public. And I would never do it. That would make me just as low as the people here who thought up that sick shit, and spent months doing it.

But the point is this:

When THEY do THAT, they give up any right to their minor little whining complaints on how 'Blevins drove me away'.

There is no way for them to reconcile that behavior and then whine about me afterward. It's kind of like Larry Flynt of Hustler magazine whining that he quit reading Playboy because the centerfold pictures were too risque. It makes absolutely no sense. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to post at DZ respectfully, and position yourself as a legit Cooper Fan, and then be dumb enough to use your same username on stuff like what appeared in those articles, then you deserve no respect. Or any consideration. And certainly your whining priveleges about 'Blevins' are rescinded. Speaking of whining, this is my favorite example of some really GOOD whining...Cool


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 23, 2014, 7:30 PM)


smokin99

Feb 23, 2014, 7:49 PM
Post #51904 of 56249 (29858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Well...I suppose I could make the PDF's available...after adding some notes to them so that readers could better understand the true identities of these folks. You know. So they could have someone to blame for being shocked so badly.

Of course, I would be a real jerk to do that, wouldn't I?

You understand that many of the same people you listened to who said 'Blevins made me leave' (funny) are the same people who made those comments...and that it took months of work for them to do so? Maybe they didn't leave because of me. Maybe they left because they were busy elsewhere. (*laughs*)

Let's face it. You don't have a single moral leg to stand on here. Not one. Now you say you want me to 'prove' something regarding the PDF's? This isn't a DB Cooper thing. You are asking for something here that's reletively easy to do, and to a certain extent...has already been done by people like Mullenberg (probably one of his minions, not he personally), Greg our techie guy, and others.

You can tell folks to relax. I would be a real shit to make their garbage public. And I would never do it. That would make me just as low as the people here who thought up that sick shit, and spent months doing it.

But the point is this:

When THEY do THAT, they give up any right to their minor little whining complaints on how 'Blevins drove me away'.

There is no way for them to reconcile that behavior and then whine about me afterward. It's kind of like Larry Flynt of Hustler magazine whining that he quit reading Playboy because the centerfold pictures were too risque. It makes absolutely no sense. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to post at DZ respectfully, and position yourself as a legit Cooper Fan, and then be dumb enough to use your same username on stuff like what appeared in those articles, then you deserve no respect. Or any consideration. And certainly your whining priveleges about 'Blevins' are rescinded. Speaking of whining, this is my favorite example of some really GOOD whining...Cool

Robert - reading comp 101. Read my posts, dear. Then comprehend. Then you can talk to yourself. Smile

Robert, I did not ask you to prove anything. I said that you haven't proven anything. There is a difference.

I do not care what you do with the pdfs. You can post them to your website or paste them to your wall. I am not concerned with filthy internet comments that were made several years ago which, for some strange reason, you will not let go. I'm not concerned with filthy internet comments made to a blog. I ignore that kind of filthy parody stuff and don't frequent the website if I know it's there.

I have no one to tell to relax because I don't know who you are talking about - and Robert, I don't care. It's long over. Let it go. These kinds of things will just make you go crazy if you obsess on them. Put them in the dung heap of history. No one else wants to hear about it over and over and over again.

And finally, you do not know who I am referring to when I say people left because of you. I did not say you made them leave. I said they left because of you. There is a difference. Smile


propblast

Feb 23, 2014, 8:06 PM
Post #51905 of 56249 (29837 views)
Shortcut
You know when this thread is fun [In reply to] Can't Post

When the skydivers talk about jumping.

Or when the whuffos talk about the caper.

It's never fun ( or informative )when everyone is BSing about each other.

Edit: fixing Apple auto correct


(This post was edited by propblast on Feb 23, 2014, 8:59 PM)


RobertMBlevins

Feb 23, 2014, 8:09 PM
Post #51906 of 56249 (29836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say that both of us have our points regarding this issue, which was not years ago, but fairly recently. And really, I don't care what this or that person used as a reason why they decided to leave. Messages I receive about this thread are somewhat different. I mean the ones from the folks who view this thread but seldom post: The Public. And what they say is decidedly different. They don't blame me, they blame the Alice in Wonderland comments, the constant bickering.

It's probably time to move on to something else...

Okay. In the interest of moving on, I am currently working on a screenplay regarding the life of Kenny Christiansen. I have a certain amount already finished, and I'm going to advertise for a collaborator to complete it. I'm not bad at using Celtx screenwriting software, I've finished two screenplays but haven't tried shopping them around. But I'm at the point where I think it's time to go ahead and finish the one on Kenny's life.

There will be a disclaimer of course. Some items are theory, or based on the testimony of witnesses. This is done all the time, so not a big deal.

I never really thought anyone who posts here has any screenwriting experience, but if you're simply viewing this thread and you do have this...check my profile and contact me through my email link.


smokin99

Feb 23, 2014, 8:40 PM
Post #51907 of 56249 (29811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
I would say that both of us have our points regarding this issue, which was not years ago, but fairly recently.
And really, I don't care what this or that person used as a reason why they decided to leave. Messages I receive about this thread are somewhat different. I mean the ones from the folks who view this thread but seldom post: The Public. And what they say is decidedly different. They don't blame me, they blame the Alice in Wonderland comments, the constant bickering.

It's probably time to move on to something else...

Yes it is. You have been posting about the filthy comments since at least Feb of 2012. Don't know about you, but my calendar says that is years. It is past time to move on.

And I know you don't care, but sometimes I wish you could see yourself as others see you on this forum. oh well. I'm done with this.


smokin99

Feb 23, 2014, 8:46 PM
Post #51908 of 56249 (29801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [propblast] You know when this thread is fun [In reply to] Can't Post

propblast wrote:
When the skydivers talk about jumping.

Or when the whiffs talk about the caper.

It's never fun ( or informative )when everyone is BSing about each other.

You're absolutely right. What can I say - sometimes you just have to call someone on their BS and then it always turns into a yip yap back and forth.
Guilty as charged but I just could not hold back when someone is actually going out and getting comments from another blog to bring in here to bitch about. I forgot to switch back to my ignore mode.

So you got anything fun to share about jumping or the caper? Smile


RobertMBlevins

Feb 23, 2014, 8:57 PM
Post #51909 of 56249 (29791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
RobertMBlevins wrote:
I would say that both of us have our points regarding this issue, which was not years ago, but fairly recently.
And really, I don't care what this or that person used as a reason why they decided to leave. Messages I receive about this thread are somewhat different. I mean the ones from the folks who view this thread but seldom post: The Public. And what they say is decidedly different. They don't blame me, they blame the Alice in Wonderland comments, the constant bickering.

It's probably time to move on to something else...

Yes it is. You have been posting about the filthy comments since at least Feb of 2012. Don't know about you, but my calendar says that is years. It is past time to move on.

And I know you don't care, but sometimes I wish you could see yourself as others see you on this forum. oh well. I'm done with this.

I'm not trying to impress anyone who posts here. Well, maybe 377 because he's pretty cool. Wink

Advertisement I submitted to Craigslist a few minutes ago. Even has a picture. (Attached) I will keep renewing it until I find the proper person.

Quote:
'I am the owner of the rights to a certain book that has stayed in the Top 100 in the Aviation category at Amazon for three years now. I can't tell you the title because that's considered 'advertising' and is prohibited. However, I can tell you this much. The book concerns an active suspect in the 1971 'D.B. Cooper' hijacking case out of Seattle, and I possess all the files, pictures, document and witness testimony evidence that was used to create the book. Two television programs have been presented on this suspect previously, both of which I was a participant.

I use Celtx software to create screenplays, but on this one I need a collaborator to assist in the creation of the screenplay. Basically, it needs to be the story of this suspect's life from a young age, up to the hijacking, how he and his accomplice pulled it off, and cover the years afterward until his death in the mid-90's of cancer. I also have the proper releases and own all the rights to this person's story, signed off by his family. The screenplay will be based on the book.

My plan is to complete the screenplay and then shop it around through an AAR agent and the usual outlets. The collaborator will receive 25% of the rights/ownership/sale of the screenplay, and will be credited as the first writer, followed by my own name.

This is a serious proposal, so if you have no experience in screenwriting for film, please do NOT contact me. Living in the Puget Sound area is a plus, since I live in Auburn. (I would much rather work with someone local to the Seattle area) I am also the managing editor for a small trade press that I co-founded years ago. I only say that so you'll know I have some literary experience. I'm also the author of over 500 illustrated articles on all manner of subjects hosted by an NBC-owned website, although I am not associated with NBC in any way. My column there has received over 5 million views since March of 2007, and I have authored several other books besides the Cooper book.

If interested, please email. No need to provide any personal information at first. You could state some experience, but I don't need your resume or anything to start. For example, you could say 'I've written a half-dozen screenplays' or something that shows you know what you are doing...'

I think I missed my calling. I should have gone to work for an ad agency. Angelic

I saw a post by Galen Cook today regurgitating that old crap about a radio interview where Lyle Christiansen supposedly admits his brother wasn't the hijacker. My question would be: How the hell would Lyle know one way or another if Kenny was the guy? It wasn't like Kenny told him, or left a Cooper twenty to him when he died.

Lyle Christiansen only suspected his brother was Cooper. He doesn't know. He never did, and he certainly doesn't NOW, since Kenny has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be the hijacker.

Investigating whether Kenny was Cooper or not was left to people like Geoff Gray, yours truly, and Skipp Porteous, among others. I did later question Lyle on this radio interview. He says he never said any such thing.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 24, 2014, 1:21 AM)
Attachments: cafepicweb.jpg (291 KB)


Danielle1010

Feb 24, 2014, 10:46 AM
Post #51910 of 56249 (30535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean what did pete say regarding the interview with Bernie at the motel


RobertMBlevins

Feb 24, 2014, 9:38 PM
Post #51911 of 56249 (30364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danielle1010] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Danielle1010 wrote:
I mean what did pete say regarding the interview with Bernie at the motel

Oh...you mean associate producer Pete Berg. (picture attached taken while he was in Seattle)

Said: The cameras would roll. The cast would ask questions. Most of the time Bernie Geestman would say absolutely not a word. Everyone found this strange, since Bernie drove over a hundred miles to be on the show, and was paid nothing. I think they put him up for the day at a motel and did the shooting there.

They got about five minutes worth of film they could actually use. All he does is deny everything and call me a liar. But he did say he thought Kenny could be Cooper which is weird because several witnesses placed him missing and with Christiansen the entire week of the hijacking.

Side Note: I dropped by Bruce Smith's blog this evening. You'll never guess what the last few posts from the 'we gotta get away from Blevins' folks were about:

Yours truly and Kenny Christiansen. No kidding. They spent a lot of time here at DZ claiming they wanted to hear nothing more about KC or from me...and then make all of that a major conversational point at their next destination. There is something bizarre about that. They were all going on about it. I actually found that pretty funny. Then I move from the blog and take a quick look at their new forum, and it's the same thing. I'm mentioned more there to start things off than anything Cooper. Quotes and requotes. Blevins this and that. Nothing particularly bad or anything. It's flattering, but I thought the idea was to get AWAY from all that. They are already worried I'll try to register. Saw some stuff about it. No need to worry about that.

I also saw Galen Cook claiming that the Seattle FBI has told him personally that they already know KC isn't the guy, and that Lyle Christiansen just made everything up. Neither of those things are true. And neither are Cook's past claims about money in a safe deposit box in Canada, or a woman with x-ray eyes who can see through cloud cover up 10,000 feet to the airsteps of a 727. Crazy Or that people can become obsessed with road flares. That's a new one on me. Or that it's fair and decent somehow to snap pictures of Tina Mucklow (without her permission) and post them on the internet for kicks, without a bit of regard for her privacy or safety. Cook arranged that and then put copyright notices on the pictures. Nice. Or maybe not.

A Hollywood producer (unnamed) has *supposedly* told Galen Cook that no Cooper screenplay will EVER be made into a film again. Never, nada, not a chance, ever. (Someone forgot to tell Cook there's never been a serious film done previously on the Cooper case.)

Cook must believe there's only one film production company and a single producer in Hollywood. Or that nobody ever secures the services of a good agent. Wink After reading all his BS over there, I figured he must have been holding back a lot of frustration and anger for well...years now. I guess as soon as he got a chance to do it, he was going to vent those frustrations. Too bad he has to stoop to making up stuff along the way.

Here's a short quote:

Quote:
'And thats all it ever was.just a story, designed by Lyle Christianson so that he could satisfy his personal need in old age. Skipp Porteous knows better as does Geoff Gray. Both have moved on. Skipp Porteous is no idiot, and thats why he wants nothing to do with his co-author...'

Well, that's an outright LIE on Mr Cook's part. I speak with Porteous about once or twice a month, we get along great, and I've been invited to his beach house this summer to stay in the spare bedroom. He wants Gayla to accompany me. He is no longer in New York. He now lives some distance south of San Francisco. And if Geoff Gray had actually 'moved on' completely from the Cooper case, he would not have shown up to the WSHM a few months back for the symposium. Admittedly, the failure of the symposium itself might cause him to move on, but not me.

I have absolutely NO plans to post at either of those sites, boys. No need to make a thread just for me. Wink

Quote:
'When I want to blow a buck on a bottle of water (post about Cooper)...I buy Perrier...' (Dropzone)

Paraphrased from a Robin Williams joke.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 25, 2014, 12:52 AM)
Attachments: bergseattle.jpg (362 KB)


Danielle1010

Feb 25, 2014, 5:22 AM
Post #51912 of 56249 (30218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

You know what I'm going to say if I meet Bernie
Me: can you talk to me
Bernie: what can I talk to you about
Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Bernie: I really don't care
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now


Premier quade  (D 22635)
Moderator
Feb 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #51913 of 56249 (30146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danielle1010] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Danielle1010 wrote:
You know what I'm going to say if I meet Bernie
Me: can you talk to me
Bernie: what can I talk to you about
Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Bernie: I really don't care
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now

Yes. I'm certain that IS the way to get somebody to open up to you.


ParrotheadVol

Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #51914 of 56249 (30129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danielle1010] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Danielle1010 wrote:
You know what I'm going to say if I meet Bernie
Me: can you talk to me
Bernie: what can I talk to you about
Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Bernie: I really don't care
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now

But, at the end of the day, do we really know that KC and Bernie were together that weekend? For someone to remember who was at Thanksgiving dinner in 1971 would require Jo Weber like memory. I couldn't tell you what members of my family were at Thanksgiving dinner more than a couple of years ago. To be able to recall that, this many years later, to me is a big stretch.

Also, if Geestman had anything to do with the hijacking, I doubt very seriously that he would agree to go on a TV show and talk about the hijacking and I doubt even more that he would say that KC could be the hijacker.

Also, if they were together that weekend, I doubt Geestman remembers it. How can you expect anyone to remember who they were with on a particular day over 40 years ago. So, just because he says Kenny could be the hijacker, that isn't an admission of guilt.

Also, Cooper had brown eyes. Kenny did not.

Nothing against Blevins here. I choose not to participate in any negativity and i think he is sincere in his beliefs. But, Kenny Christiansen just isn't a good suspect.


377  (F 666)

Feb 25, 2014, 3:47 PM
Post #51915 of 56249 (30065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Neither of those things are true. And neither are Cook's past claims about money in a safe deposit box in Canada, or a woman with x-ray eyes who can see through cloud cover up 10,000 feet to the airsteps of a 727. Or that people can become obsessed with road flares. That's a new one on me.

I was obsessed with road flares as a kid. We lived near RR tracks and the switch men would leave lots of flares laying around, OLIN FUSEES, I still have a recollection of the labels. Most were only 20-30 % burned down and then the switch men would snuff them out by whacking the tips on the rails. They were hard to relight but it was doable with persistance. We found quite a few unused ones as well with the striker cap igniter intact. Those ones were prized.

We did all sorts of bad things with em, including melting lead linotype slugs from the local newspaper's scrap pile and casting our own crude fishing weights. Also explored the city's spooky storm drain system using these to light the way. We tried unsuccessfully to make them explode. We emptied the powder from one of the kid's Dad's shotgun shells and mixed it with the sulphur powder that was in the flares. Used JetX model rocket motor fuses but all we could get was a flash burn not a big boom even when we put it in a Bell Jar.

Kid now days are over protected. They miss out on these formative experiences. Thank God.


377


smokin99

Feb 25, 2014, 6:13 PM
Post #51916 of 56249 (30009 views)
Shortcut
Dan Cooper stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure that this has been posted before, but here's an article talking about the Travel Channel's "America Declassified" Nice read. http://parachutistonline.com/...fied-at-the-dropzone

I have several questions for the skydivers out there.

How far have you been blown from your dropzone due to wind or other factors?

What's the greatest unintended distance from a planned landing that you know of?
What influenced the distance in those cases?

Would the type of parachute that Dan Cooper was using make him more or less likely to be blown "off-course" by wind/weather?

Is there anything that Cooper could do before or after opening his chute (under the conditions as we know them) that would have increased his horizontal distance from a flight path? And I have no idea if horizontal distance is the right terminology so hoping you know what I mean. Smile


1969912

Feb 25, 2014, 7:00 PM
Post #51917 of 56249 (29989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
.....Used JetX model rocket motor fuses.....

I had a JetEx as a kid. I accidentally touched the casing just after running it. You only do that once.


smokin99

Feb 25, 2014, 7:46 PM
Post #51918 of 56249 (29965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1969912] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

1969912 wrote:
Quote:
.....Used JetX model rocket motor fuses.....

I had a JetEx as a kid. I accidentally touched the casing just after running it. You only do that once.

I had a firecracker go off in my hand once. Another thing you only stupidly do once. A most horrible, peculiar type of pain.
Way worse than the time my brother shot me in the back of the knee with a bb gun. Or the time he shot the horse in the rump with a slingshot -- with me riding the horse - just to see if it worked like it did in the movies. Yes, I still plot revenge.


MarkBennett

Feb 25, 2014, 7:53 PM
Post #51919 of 56249 (29958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:

I had a firecracker go off in my hand once.


Is that why they call you Smokin? WinkWinkWink


ParrotheadVol

Feb 25, 2014, 8:07 PM
Post #51920 of 56249 (30022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
1969912 wrote:
Quote:
.....Used JetX model rocket motor fuses.....

I had a JetEx as a kid. I accidentally touched the casing just after running it. You only do that once.

I had a firecracker go off in my hand once. Another thing you only stupidly do once. A most horrible, peculiar type of pain.
Way worse than the time my brother shot me in the back of the knee with a bb gun. Or the time he shot the horse in the rump with a slingshot -- with me riding the horse - just to see if it worked like it did in the movies. Yes, I still plot revenge.

I used to hold firecrackers in my hand, light them, and then throw them. I did it all the time. Only once did I have one go off in my hand. I was standing in front of our preacher's house and was going to throw it in his yard. It went off just as soon as I lit the damn thing. Coincidence? Maybe. I took it as the man upstairs telling me not to mess with the preacher! A few weeks later, a bunch of my buddies wanted to go roll his yard. I stayed home.

You are right though...that was the last time I ever held a firecracker in my hand while lighting it.


(This post was edited by ParrotheadVol on Feb 25, 2014, 8:10 PM)


1969912

Feb 25, 2014, 8:14 PM
Post #51921 of 56249 (30018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ParrotheadVol] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

If you hold a firecracker (the 1" kind) really lightly between your fingers, it won't hurt at all. Just barely hold it.


smokin99

Feb 25, 2014, 9:07 PM
Post #51922 of 56249 (29982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1969912] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

1969912 wrote:
If you hold a firecracker (the 1" kind) really lightly between your fingers, it won't hurt at all. Just barely hold it.

hmmmm...see subject line... WinkSmile


RobertMBlevins

Feb 25, 2014, 9:40 PM
Post #51923 of 56249 (29963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ParrotheadVol] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

ParrotheadVol asks:
Quote:
'But, at the end of the day, do we really know that KC and Bernie were together that weekend? For someone to remember who was at Thanksgiving dinner in 1971 would require Jo Weber like memory. I couldn't tell you what members of my family were at Thanksgiving dinner more than a couple of years ago. To be able to recall that, this many years later, to me is a big stretch...'

I think it will be easier for everyone to understand if I sort of break up your questions and my responses to them.

First, if you were living in Washington State at the time of the hijacking, it was sort of like Mt St Helens going off, or even 9-11. You generally have no problem remembering where you were and what you were doing. Every major TV station was covering the hijacking live at SeaTac. I was a junior in high school and remember light drizzly rain and sitting in front of the TV like everyone else. What will he do? Will the FBI sniper-shoot him? Once the plane took off, would they catch him later?

Three witnesses have testified that Bernie Geestman and KC went missing a couple of days before Thanksgiving and didn't return until the following Monday or Tuesday. Helen Jones, her daughter, and Mrs. Geestman. It wasn't difficult to get these people to remember where they were that particular Thanksgiving. Both Jones and her daughter, and Mrs Geestman, gave the same stories, even though they had not seen each other in more than fifteen years. Mrs Jones and her daughter are particularly good witnesses because they had no axe to grind, nothing to gain by lying. In fact, Mrs Jones was really pissed off at me (at first) for even HINTING that KC could be Cooper. Later, when she realized a few things and saw what we had on KC and Bernie, she was very cooperative. For example, she's the only person who is absolutely sure Kenny smoked Raleigh cigarettes. She is also the only person living who heard Kenny admit after the hijacking that he was with Geestman that week. KC, she says, told her this at the Sumner Laundromat about six weeks after the hijacking.

Now...the real peanut in the mayonnaise is whether you believe these women. My answer to that is a hope that someday the FBI will take the time to question them. At first, when Kenny's story emerged in 2007, some FBI agents did write him off right away. They said he didn't fit the description. Four years later, contrary to what Galen Cook would have you believe, some in the Seattle FBI began to think he might be a good suspect. But I can't tell you why these people haven't been questioned, or why the FBI has never bothered to run Lyle Christiansen's DNA against the tie sample. (Two FBI agents from Minneapolis took a sample from Lyle in 2007, or early 2008, during a visit to his home.) But that sample has never been tested. When I questioned the Seattle FBI about it, they said they aren't running any more tests on anyone unless really irrefutable evidence emerges on a particular suspect.

Quote:
'Also, if Geestman had anything to do with the hijacking, I doubt very seriously that he would agree to go on a TV show and talk about the hijacking and I doubt even more that he would say that KC could be the hijacker...'

Well, he DID say that. You can see it for yourself by viewing the Decoded episode. Since Geestman had been caught witness-tampering his sister Dawn Androsko, and caught lying to Marisa Kagan about his friendship with Kenny, it actually makes MORE sense that he would appear. The reason is quite simple. If Geestman were truly innocent, he would have told Kagan to go to hell and take her TV show with her. By agreeing to appear, it looks more like damage control. He drives a hundred miles each way to do so. Why would he do that? They weren't going to use his name if he refuses to appear, just as they didn't bring up Dawn Androsko either, when she refused to testify against her own brother. (her words) His real name wasn't in the book, either. He had no reason to appear, unless he was worried about something. Marisa Kagan believes the same thing.

Quote:
'Also, if they were together that weekend, I doubt Geestman remembers it. How can you expect anyone to remember who they were with on a particular day over 40 years ago. So, just because he says Kenny could be the hijacker, that isn't an admission of guilt...'

You are right, it isn't an admission of guilt. There are two things to consider, though. First, if he WAS the guy...then he would certainly remember where he was. Second, he did not know when he pointed to Kenny that three other people had already confirmed that Kenny and he were together that week. Common sense says he should have offered an alibi instead. But he didn't know about these witnesses had testified, and unfortunately he was able to finish the interview and head back to Port Angeles before this information could be provided to the film crew and the director. They wanted to bring in Helen Jones to confront him about going missing with Kenny, but she was frightened of Geestman and he was headed home by that time anyway.

Which by the way...just SUCKS in my opinion. It's funny how things turn out sometimes. Like this: Decoded asks me to make one last trip to Twisp to interview Margie Geestman, and this turns out to be the interview where she finally admits the two men went missing together that week. But by the time I get back to Bonney Lake, they are just wrapping the Bernie interview in the next town over. I was both pissed and disappointed. I knew we would not get another chance at Mr Geestman.

Quote:
'Also, Cooper had brown eyes. Kenny did not...'

One person allegedly saw Cooper without his sunglasses enough to make the call on the eye color. Kenny's were hazel. There are many shades of both brown and hazel. We could round and round on that one. Maybe the witness just said 'brown' because they looked brown. But the differences between hazel and brown can be a lot more subtle than say...blue and brown. I will attach three pictures of people with hazel eyes. It's a tough call.

Quote:
'Nothing against Blevins here. I choose not to participate in any negativity and i think he is sincere in his beliefs. But, Kenny Christiansen just isn't a good suspect...'

I've seen quotes that have me saying Kenny isn't the guy. What I really say is that I can't yet PROVE it. There's a difference. But my opinion is bound to be slanted because I'm the one who spent over a year interviewing these people, checking them out, checking their stories. And my opinion is that he's a good enough suspect that I think the FBI should question Mr Geestman, Helen Jones and her daughter, Bernie Geestman's sister Dawn, and find out where Mrs Geestman went with that $491,000 she collected for her ranch from the State of Washington. Smile

Non-Cooper but Amazing Thing Anyway: TV is playing in the background in my office. I look over and there's this new show going about pro arm wrestlers, Game of Arms.

This one guy impresses a couple of cute girls by picking up a large-size, Teflon-coated steel frying pan...and then rolls it into a frickin' cannoli with his bare hands...in like five or six seconds. First one side rolled into the center, then the other side over it. He started out by laying the frying pan against his lap and then bending over one side, then the other. Instant steel cannoli. Wowzer...Shocked


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 25, 2014, 11:10 PM)
Attachments: hazeleyes1.jpg (5.11 KB)
  hazeleyes2.jpg (5.56 KB)
  hazel3.jpg (7.01 KB)


377  (F 666)

Feb 25, 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #51924 of 56249 (29915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Dan Cooper stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
I have several questions for the skydivers out there.

Quote:
How far have you been blown from your dropzone due to wind or other factors?

About half a mile. Novice jumper. Bad spot. High winds. I landed going backwards at at least 10 knots.

On a S/L jump I once landed many miles from the DZ. My jumpmaster put me out over a solid cloud cover. He and the pilot messed up trying to use a VOR and a stopwatch. No harm done but a potentially fatal error.

Quote:
What's the greatest unintended distance from a planned landing that you know of?

The Lake Erie tragedy. http://www.metafilter.com/...n-Skydiving-Accident


Quote:
What influenced the distance in those cases?

Aircraft navigation error. Combination of pilot negligence, jumper negligence and ATC negligence. Jumped through a cloud layer while over water. ATC gave pilot incorrect position based on misinterpretation of radar target.

Quote:
Would the type of parachute that Dan Cooper was using make him more or less likely to be blown "off-course" by wind/weather?

Cooper, under an unmodified C9 round, was basically descending without propulsion or steering. He was drifting with the wind. Even if the canopy had a 4 line cut mod he wouldn't have had much ability to navigate during descent. Today's ram air square canopies are capable of far far more.

Quote:
Is there anything that Cooper could do before or after opening his chute (under the conditions as we know them) that would have increased his horizontal distance from a flight path?

Not much. He could try steering or slipping the canopy but the effect would be minimal.

Quote:
And I have no idea if horizontal distance is the right terminology so hoping you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean.

377


(This post was edited by 377 on Feb 25, 2014, 11:50 PM)


RobertMBlevins

Feb 26, 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #51925 of 56249 (29905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quade] No thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

quade wrote:
Danielle1010 wrote:
You know what I'm going to say if I meet Bernie
Me: can you talk to me
Bernie: what can I talk to you about
Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Bernie: I really don't care
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now

Yes. I'm certain that IS the way to get somebody to open up to you.

Some emotion going there, yes. I think additional questioning of Geestman or any of the other witnesses should be left either to law enforcement personnel or recognized members of the media. I did what I could on my own, but I'm basically a book editor who helps run a housecleaning business.

However...that doesn't necessarily make me stupid or something. If our current biz didn't pay well, and have certain benefits, I would have gone back to working a regular job a long time ago. Cook, Georger, and a few others love tossing that in my face...that because of the housecleaning gig I'm somehow substandard personally, or as Cook calls it, 'disturbed'. It just drives them bonkers sometimes. Smile

I've been asked what my last regular job was, and why I quit. Hell, that's easy. I was the warehouse manager for a major carpet company in the Puget Sound area. I kept track of stock, cut the carpets for installation, did most of the paperwork on all the installations, ran a forklift to pull rolls even when the Seattle Earthquake hit. At first I thought my forklift was not firing a cylinder when it began bouncing around. It was only when the covers on the light fixtures began popping open that I realized it was an earthquake.

I yelled at everyone to jump under their desks. A lot of stuff fell from the ceiling areas, but no one was hurt.

Later, I made a separate peace with our pad supplier that guaranteed we always had pad stocked and saved our store almost $200,000 a year. When they turned me down a few months later over a requested 50-cent raise, I quit the following week and went out with Gayla on my own with the cleaning biz. Every time I decide to take a four-day weekend for camping or hiking, I remember why I decided to go that route. We've been at it together now for a dozen years, she on her own a bit longer. Wink


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Feb 26, 2014, 1:24 AM)


First page Previous page 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 ... 2250 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)