Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Hello, I'm new.

 


Cloudfly

Nov 30, 2013, 6:39 PM
Post #1 of 14 (869 views)
Shortcut
Hello, I'm new. Can't Post

Hi all, I'm Chad. I'm new and just started jumping this week. I passed my first 3 AFF jumps this past week at Skydive the Farm and hope to finish my AFF within the next 2 weeks. I absolutely love it! Even though I get scared to death everytime I've went up. I've enjoyed it. Even my crappy landings, it's all worth it.

Well just wanted to introduce myself and any advice anyone has about anything would be greatly appreciated :)

have a good day.


flygirl1220  (Student)

Dec 1, 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #2 of 14 (784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Chad. Good luck on those landingsSmile


Cloudfly

Dec 1, 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #3 of 14 (766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flygirl1220] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

flygirl1220 wrote:
Welcome Chad. Good luck on those landingsSmile

thank you! :D


Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Moderator
Dec 2, 2013, 4:55 AM
Post #4 of 14 (719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile There are a lot of members from The Farm on here, you are in good company. Good luck on the rest of your training and save up some money so you can jump at the St. Pat's boogie in Fitzgerald in March. Hans will be there with his planes anyway, you might as well go!


(This post was edited by skymama on Dec 3, 2013, 8:55 AM)


jimmytavino  (A 3914)

Dec 2, 2013, 8:59 AM
Post #5 of 14 (701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Hello...... I'm Old.

Cool


Cloudfly

Dec 2, 2013, 9:44 AM
Post #6 of 14 (697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

skymama wrote:
Welcome to the forums! Smile There are a lot of members from The Farm on here, you are in good company. Good luck on the rest of your training and save up some money so you can jump at the St. Pat's boogie in Fitzgerald next week. Hans will be there with his planes anyway, you might as well go!

I have already been invited to the boogie! im gonna try to get my A before then but if i cant i am still coming for the beer and the knowledge! thank you for the welcome...

And yes the farm is great! i have had nothing but great experiences there and Hans is an amazingly awesome guy.

Thanks again!


Cloudfly

Dec 2, 2013, 9:44 AM
Post #7 of 14 (695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

jimmytavino wrote:
Smile

Hello...... I'm Old.

Cool

lol :D nothing wrong with old!


jimmytavino  (A 3914)

Dec 2, 2013, 2:07 PM
Post #8 of 14 (676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey New.....Wink

are You Old ?? too???


IF you say it's OK... then I'm fine with it.. especially since you have proven your astute observation skills with your great endorsement, of your DZ and DZO....Smile

...of course. I ALREADY had a solid sense of their quality,, right down to each staff member as well as each fun jumper...Smile.. weeeellll MOST of the Fun Jumpers !!ShockedCrazyTongueWinkWink

ps... Faaar be it from Me, to correct Miss skymama...Shocked but she mentioned "next week " when i believe she Meant to say ' next spring '..... Wink Right Madam Moderator???
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends.
jmy
A 3914


Cloudfly

Dec 2, 2013, 3:27 PM
Post #9 of 14 (659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

jimmytavino wrote:
Hey New.....Wink

are You Old ?? too???


IF you say it's OK... then I'm fine with it.. especially since you have proven your astute observation skills with your great endorsement, of your DZ and DZO....Smile

...of course. I ALREADY had a solid sense of their quality,, right down to each staff member as well as each fun jumper...Smile.. weeeellll MOST of the Fun Jumpers !!ShockedCrazyTongueWinkWink

ps... Faaar be it from Me, to correct Miss skymama...Shocked but she mentioned "next week " when i believe she Meant to say ' next spring '..... Wink Right Madam Moderator???
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends.
jmy
A 3914

haha, im 29. i guess im old or young depending on who you ask :p


Divalent  (C 40494)

Dec 3, 2013, 8:06 AM
Post #10 of 14 (618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cloudfly wrote:
I have already been invited to the boogie! im gonna try to get my A before then but if i cant i am still coming for the beer and the knowledge! thank you for the welcome...

Greetings fellow Farm Animal!

As long as your budget allows it, I don't see why you couldn't finish your A license in the 3+ months before StPatty's rolls around. But in any event, the Farm staff will be down there and you'd be able to do just about anything at the boogie that you'd be able to do at the Farm to finish your A. (Although you might want to get your packing skills completed before hand; packing space is at a premium, and whoever is helping you learn might not be able to give you the amount of time needed.)


Cloudfly

Dec 3, 2013, 8:55 AM
Post #11 of 14 (599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Divalent] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Divalent wrote:
Cloudfly wrote:
I have already been invited to the boogie! im gonna try to get my A before then but if i cant i am still coming for the beer and the knowledge! thank you for the welcome...

Greetings fellow Farm Animal!

As long as your budget allows it, I don't see why you couldn't finish your A license in the 3+ months before StPatty's rolls around. But in any event, the Farm staff will be down there and you'd be able to do just about anything at the boogie that you'd be able to do at the Farm to finish your A. (Although you might want to get your packing skills completed before hand; packing space is at a premium, and whoever is helping you learn might not be able to give you the amount of time needed.)

hello! nice to meet you! i never thought about possibly finishing my A at the boogie. Smile hopefully i'll have it before i go, i just hope the weather permits...Unfortunately anytime I want a day off I have to switch with someone at work because my only days off are during the week. So usually I'm having to switch with someone and hope that day has nice weather when it comes around. lol.


Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Moderator
Dec 3, 2013, 8:56 AM
Post #12 of 14 (599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for correcting me, Jimmy! That's what I get for posting before I finish all my coffee!


elleof8ed  (A License)

Dec 3, 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #13 of 14 (570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloudfly] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chad!

I'm new, too. In fact, you and I are in the same boat. I'm also a few levels into AFF and loving it, but wondering when I'm going to get the hang of this landing thing.

Welcome!


Cloudfly

Dec 3, 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #14 of 14 (567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elleof8ed] Hello, I'm new. [In reply to] Can't Post

elleof8ed wrote:
Hi Chad!

I'm new, too. In fact, you and I are in the same boat. I'm also a few levels into AFF and loving it, but wondering when I'm going to get the hang of this landing thing.

Welcome!

thank you! yes i'm hoping my landings get better. :D

good luck to you!



Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

 


Search for (options)