Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
Digitals

Neoslim22  (D 69)

Nov 27, 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Digitals Can't Post

Looking at getting a new digital, looking at the Viso2 and N3. Will be used mainly for swooping, pros? cons?

Pobrause

Nov 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #2 of 2 (979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Neoslim22] Digitals [In reply to] Can't Post

If you only intend to use it as an altimeter you will be fine, regardless of your choice, you could safe some money with the viso 2 though.

But if you want to use it also as a logbook (which I would highly recommend when going serious under canopy), that allows you to analyse every single second of your jump and canopyflight via some fancy graphs and cool tools, there`s no way round the n3. Because of its usb-interface its pretty easy to get your jumpdata analysed and printed on the screen.

Only disadvantage I could consider with the n3 beside its price:
Viso battery life seems to last forever for me. And because I got kinda used to this
I tend to forget to recharge my n3 prior to the weekend and have to recharge it via our dropzone-computer. Just takes an hour ore two to get fully loaded and wasn`t an issue ever. Not that it wouldn`t work with only 1/4 battery capacity but I like to have it fully loaded ;) just to make sure, I don`t have to think about it anymore during the weekend =)

Does this help a little?

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)