Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Pro Track "problem"???

mountainman  (A License)

Sep 30, 2001, 8:21 AM
Post #1 of 6 (642 views)
Shortcut
Pro Track "problem"??? Can't Post

Hey all.......just a question for all of you who use a Pro Track. Everytime that I have jumped with someone who uses a Pro Track, their exit altitude is always a couple hundred feet lower than what I had on my alti. Now, this didn't happen only once, but a LOT of times.

It seems that to me (I'm no expert) that maybe it is starting its reading after a few hundred feet because when you exit you are not losing altitude vertically. Does that make sense??

I'm just wondering if this happens with everybody or do you not even use your wrist alti now that you have your AA?? Smile Let me know what you think. My Pro Track should be in shortly. Thanks!

--------------
Brandon Wren

Aviatrr  (D 27349)

Sep 30, 2001, 2:39 PM
Post #2 of 6 (626 views)
Shortcut
Re: Pro Track "problem"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

The exit altitude typically matches my Digitude altimeter, but my digitude normally reads different(by a few hundred feet) than most other peoples altimeters....but it normally agrees with the aircraft altimeter(my DZ is at sea level).. The deployment altitude is normally 700ft lower than I actually pull.. I think the ProTrack senses the rate of descent, and when it drops below a certain level, it calls it your deployment altitude.. Maybe it's meant to show the approximate altitude you get under canopy? That's what mine normally shows....around 2100-2300.. I pull at 3k..

Mike

jaybird  (D 24977)

Sep 30, 2001, 8:41 PM
Post #3 of 6 (605 views)
Shortcut

altimeters can have a variance at altitude +\- a couple of hundred feet. i have noticed my alti being 200 feet off of someone else on same load.

jaybird

geoff

Oct 1, 2001, 12:47 AM
Post #4 of 6 (592 views)
Shortcut

I'd really be impressed if they generally agreed within 200ft!. Look around at the other altis on the plane, and you'll see variations of at least 500ft once you're at 12000ft or so AGL.

Geoff

skyhawk

Oct 1, 2001, 3:30 AM
Post #5 of 6 (585 views)
Shortcut

he he i dont even look at mine at 14000 i got a 32 000 ft one so at 14000 it just sits in d middle of nowhere

i live my life 14000 ft at a time, nothen else matters, in that 60 seconds or less im free

mountainman  (A License)

Oct 1, 2001, 3:54 AM
Post #6 of 6 (583 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
altimeters can have a variance at altitude +\- a couple of hundred feet. i have noticed my alti being 200 feet off of someone else on same load.
yours is the one i was refering to Jason. I guess that Laura and my altimeter are always within 100ft of each others. true there are others that are maybe older and might be a bit off compared to mine, but i was just wondering if that may be the reason. AND, for the same reasont that Mike said.

Just curious Smile

--------------
Brandon Wren

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)