Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
South of equator DZs

BlueSkyesNY

Oct 2, 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #1 of 14 (1650 views)
Shortcut
South of equator DZs Can't Post

Can anyone recommend good south of the equator DZs (other than Dubai) where they have a good number of loads going up on both weekdays and weekends during the months of December and January?

Squeak  (E 1313)

Oct 2, 2013, 6:44 PM
Post #2 of 14 (1556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BlueSkyesNY] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

BlueSkyesNY wrote:
Can anyone recommend good south of the equator DZs (other than Dubai) where they have a good number of loads going up on both weekdays and weekends during the months of December and January?
Australia

nigel99  (D 1)

Oct 2, 2013, 7:02 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Squeak wrote:
BlueSkyesNY wrote:
Australia

Specifically Western Australia Tongue

hcsvader  (E 2952)

Oct 2, 2013, 8:44 PM
Post #4 of 14 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

nigel99 wrote:
Squeak wrote:
BlueSkyesNY wrote:
Australia

Specifically Western Australia Tongue

that time of year its pretty easy to chase boogies / christmas parties around the east coast if you want to jump everyday

piisfish

Oct 3, 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #5 of 14 (1457 views)
Shortcut

BlueSkyesNY wrote:
Can anyone recommend good south of the equator DZs (other than Dubai)
can you please google these coordinates ?
25 15' N, 55 18' E
it is as south as Miami Unsure

(This post was edited by piisfish on Oct 3, 2013, 12:41 AM)

hcsvader  (E 2952)

Oct 3, 2013, 2:48 AM
Post #6 of 14 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha, sounds like the OP is looking for somewhere to jump in the winter months. Eloy goes pretty good in dec jan

BlueSkyesNY

Oct 3, 2013, 8:37 AM
Post #7 of 14 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

I've posted the question before and south of the equator has been interpreted as warmer weather during the Southern Solstice. Places such as Dubai and Spain do have warmer weather at that time despite their latitudes and they've been recommended. I didn't want them as recommendations again.

But I'm very happy for you that you're well skilled in geography.

BlueSkyesNY

Oct 3, 2013, 8:42 AM
Post #8 of 14 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

Can either of the jumpers who recommended Australia recommend specific DZs at that time of the year? (a lot of loads going up and friendly environment of fun jumpers who won't try to lynch a Yankee at the end of the night if I refuse to drink a Fosters).

hcsvader  (E 2952)

Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #9 of 14 (1260 views)
Shortcut

My plans are to go to bridge water in Victoria in mid December for their wingsuit and freefly boogie, then to skydive surf side at moruya NSW of Christmas and New Years.
Then I would head up to ramblers in QLD.

And I'm pretty sure you would get lynched if you even mention fosters, it's kind of like Budweiser, shit beer that's only good for exporting.

grue  (D License)

Oct 3, 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #10 of 14 (1243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hcsvader] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

hcsvader wrote:
My plans are to go to bridge water in Victoria in mid December

Good man, that's my new home DZ Wink

Hamstervielle  (A License)

Oct 4, 2013, 1:36 AM
Post #11 of 14 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Skydive Maitland is also a pretty good option. It's near Newcastle (oz) and they are starting mid weeks jumps again for summer. It's not the biggest DZ around but there are always fun jumpers keem to jump Smile

nigel99  (D 1)

Oct 4, 2013, 6:03 AM
Post #12 of 14 (1165 views)
Shortcut

BlueSkyesNY wrote:
Can either of the jumpers who recommended Australia recommend specific DZs at that time of the year? (a lot of loads going up and friendly environment of fun jumpers who won't try to lynch a Yankee at the end of the night if I refuse to drink a Fosters).

Specifics - York just outside of Perth. Our dz is open 5 days a week, we have a Caravan and 182. Very friendly, nobody drinks Fosters at the dzTongue

I don't know anything about the east coast dz's.

Winds can pick up so best to have about 100+ jumps or you would be grounded alot.

BlueSkyesNY

Oct 4, 2013, 1:05 PM
Post #13 of 14 (1116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hcsvader] South of equator DZs [In reply to] Can't Post

hcsvader wrote:
My plans are to go to bridge water in Victoria in mid December for their wingsuit and freefly boogie, then to skydive surf side at moruya NSW of Christmas and New Years.

And I'm pretty sure you would get lynched if you even mention fosters, it's kind of like Budweiser, shit beer that's only good for exporting.

lol Thanks, man. I appreciate all the advice. Thanks to everyone else as well for their input. Much appreciated.
In reply to:

Squeak  (E 1313)

Oct 5, 2013, 2:41 AM
Post #14 of 14 (1069 views)
Shortcut

BlueSkyesNY wrote:
hcsvader wrote:

lol Thanks, man. I appreciate all the advice. Thanks to everyone else as well for their input. Much appreciated.
In reply to:
Vader and I also jump at York, But I along with Vader I would recommend jumping on the East Coast over that time period. As a traveling Yank you'll have a lot more variety, and the boogies around Xmas new Year are great Cool Bridgewater, in Victoria (or Nagambie), Moruya, and Picton in New South Wales, and Ramblers DZ in South Queensland. If you make it to North Queensland check out the Barrier Reef and jump at Tully or Innisfail.Smile

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)