Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
fun stuff to do

ridebmxbikes  (C 40741)

Sep 5, 2013, 7:37 PM
Post #1 of 16 (4931 views)
Shortcut
fun stuff to do Can't Post

Ok Im bored and figured id try to make a fun thread.

I've started attempting barrel rolls where I dive the canopy, flair out and raise a toggle all while trying maintain speed and wow I've never been so high above my canopy!

So my question is... What are some other fun and crazy things to do while you're all high n stuff?

monkycndo  (D License)

Sep 5, 2013, 8:35 PM
Post #2 of 16 (4834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ridebmxbikes] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

Back loop. So much fun.Cool

Maxx  (D 9594)

Sep 6, 2013, 2:14 AM
Post #3 of 16 (4725 views)
Shortcut

Helicopter w/ rears!

shropshire  (C License)

Sep 6, 2013, 2:15 AM
Post #4 of 16 (4725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

monkycndo wrote:
Back loop. So much fun.Cool

Don't try this at home Tongue ..... Paraglider Infinite Tumble

(This post was edited by shropshire on Sep 6, 2013, 2:19 AM)

ridebmxbikes  (C 40741)

Sep 6, 2013, 10:28 AM
Post #5 of 16 (4507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shropshire] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

linebckr83  (D 30571)

Sep 6, 2013, 2:04 PM
Post #6 of 16 (4405 views)
Shortcut

ridebmxbikes wrote:
Holy cow batman! That's an awesome video! I don't think a striving canopy can do that though. But what's this helicopter spin with the rears?

It may not be the same one that I know, but the helicopter I know of is:

One front riser to start a diving turn. I usually go 90-180. Let up and immediate opposite rear riser. Your momentum will give you a pretty good aggresive snap.

Hellis

Sep 8, 2013, 2:55 AM
Post #7 of 16 (4134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [linebckr83] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

linebckr83 wrote:
ridebmxbikes wrote:

One front riser to start a diving turn. I usually go 90-180. Let up and immediate opposite rear riser. Your momentum will give you a pretty good aggresive snap.

On very stable square canopies you can have one side stalled (flying backwards), and the other side in deep brakes flying forward.
This makes the canopy turn around its own axis.

diablopilot  (D License)

Sep 12, 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #8 of 16 (3332 views)
Shortcut

ridebmxbikes wrote:

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

ridebmxbikes  (C 40741)

Sep 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #9 of 16 (3302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diablopilot] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

Ill just lie about what really happened.Sly What happens in the sky, stays in the sky! Unless Im wearing my go-pro Cool can't lie if its on video.

shropshire  (C License)

Sep 15, 2013, 9:29 AM
Post #10 of 16 (3038 views)
Shortcut

ridebmxbikes wrote:

Paraglider Helicopter manouver

zerospinskier  (B License)

Nov 4, 2013, 5:22 PM
Post #11 of 16 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Maxx] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

Maxx wrote:
Helicopter w/ rears!

These are fun on toggles and rears. Just make sure you have a fairly docile canopy and do them above your decision altitude because line twists can occur.

Perform a low speed stall, then right when you are about to stall and rock backwards, keep one toggle buried all the way and raise the other one up. The more you raise that toggle the faster it will heli, but it will be harder to keep it going and control it. They are easier to control on rears, but are fun on toggles too.

(This post was edited by zerospinskier on Nov 4, 2013, 5:28 PM)

Edra  (A 2066625)

Nov 19, 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diablopilot] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

diablopilot wrote:
ridebmxbikes wrote:

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Lol... Klassic Laugh

Squeak  (E 1313)

Nov 25, 2013, 7:25 PM
Post #13 of 16 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [linebckr83] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

linebckr83 wrote:
ridebmxbikes wrote:

Dont do that with a StilettoSlySlySlySly

dragon2  (D 101989)

Nov 26, 2013, 9:17 AM
Post #14 of 16 (933 views)
Shortcut

shropshire wrote:
ridebmxbikes wrote:
Paraglider Helicopter manouver

Hah, I did a paraglider tandem during Ekstremsportveko in Voss Norway, and we did that maneuver. Awesome Cool

Back on the ground, other TMs came questioning, they thougt I had a good number of previous paraglider tandems already. No man, this was her first...

Wow, dude, ...

But she's a skydiver!

That seemed to explain everything Sly

shropshire  (C License)

Nov 26, 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #15 of 16 (857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dragon2] fun stuff to do [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolCoolCoolCool

So glad that you enjoyed it ..... I love my P.G so much

dragon2  (D 101989)

Nov 26, 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #16 of 16 (845 views)
Shortcut

shropshire wrote:
CoolCoolCoolCool

So glad that you enjoyed it ..... I love my P.G so much

Yes that was good fun. I was going for a hang-glider tandem but they all were busy with the competitions, and I only had a couple of hours before having to take the ferry. So I got myself a PG tandem.

We were *supposed* to fly a brand new canopy but ended up with one that didn't look quite so HP and the thing had a *zipper*. So you could make the wingload higher by zipping a couple of cells together Crazy

How's that for a feature? Maybe we could use it on big student canopies for the featherweights: just lose 2 cells on demand Laugh

I didn't have all that much faith in my PG TM, as first he made me leave all my stuff below then found out I didn't bring my wallet for the ski-lift, and also didn't bring anything warmer than a t-shirt because he didn't tell me to when i still had access to my stuff Crazy plus my helmet was way too big too so during the helicopter I had to use one hand to keep my helmet (and with it my sunglasses) on... When he told me to run off that mountain and to keep running until no more mountain was left, I did, which seemed to surprise him Crazy.

Hmz, maybe I should have asked some kind of credentials other than him knowing our local skydiving PG instructor. It all seemed kinda wish-washy in hindsight, but the ride was good fun Smile Totally different canopy, and awesome visuals. Scary landing though, turning that low!

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)