Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
crw lines

skypuppy  (D 347)

Sep 2, 2013, 7:05 AM
Post #1 of 8 (1870 views)
Shortcut
crw lines Can't Post

I recently bought a used triathlon 160 which seems to have been relined not long ago. I contacted aerodyne about getting two red a-lines and separate b-lines but was told they don't sell them. Anyone supply them ready-made?

indyz  (D 28525)

Sep 3, 2013, 8:33 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skypuppy] crw lines [In reply to] Can't Post

If you call Aerodyne they will give you the lengths for the non-cascaded A and B lines. Any master rigger should be able to build and install them.

Zymurdoo  (D 16833)

Sep 4, 2013, 6:38 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1616 views)
Shortcut

I bought full dacron line sets for two Triathlons directly from Aerodyne a couple of years ago . I was converting from Spectra to Dacron and they made the line sets with red, non-cascading center A lines, as per my request.

skypuppy  (D 347)

Sep 4, 2013, 6:55 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zymurdoo] crw lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Zymurdoo wrote:
I bought full dacron line sets for two Triathlons directly from Aerodyne a couple of years ago . I was converting from Spectra to Dacron and they made the line sets with red, non-cascading center A lines, as per my request.

I guess I could try that, but as I said, the canopy looks like it has just had a new lineset put on (the guy I bought it from doesn't know its history - it came with a rig he bought used and he never used the canopy).

skypuppy  (D 347)

Sep 5, 2013, 7:13 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1540 views)
Shortcut

the lineset is $225. But I only need 2 a lines and 2 b lines, since the lineset on the canopy looks new. Buying the lineset would cost half of what I paid for the canopy.

Guess I'll just have to have the new lines made up on my own. That'll mean that the A-lines will probably be white instead of red - but I'll live with that.

indyz  (D 28525)

Sep 5, 2013, 8:32 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1521 views)
Shortcut

I'm confused. 900# Dacron is available in red from Para-Gear.

skypuppy  (D 347)

Sep 5, 2013, 9:31 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [indyz] crw lines [In reply to] Can't Post

ok. I thought you'd have to buy 100-yard roll, but I see they sell by the yard. problem solved.

Birdguy  (B 6555)

Apr 2, 2014, 8:58 AM
Post #8 of 8 (578 views)
Shortcut

Hey Puppy

Who did the lines for you?
I am in the same situation and need a set made up for my Tri 160.
I am also needing a set of Risers , so need to know any recommendations for Risers to be used in CRW.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)