Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Cookie G3, what do you use to clean visor?

SFBayArea

Aug 23, 2013, 1:08 PM
Post #1 of 10 (2373 views)
Shortcut
Cookie G3, what do you use to clean visor? Can't Post

Hey guys,

Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be. I was wondering what people use to clean it and not strip anti-fogging coating?

ReluctantStool  (A 65507)

Aug 23, 2013, 1:24 PM
Post #2 of 10 (2290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SFBayArea] Cookie G3, what do you use to clean visor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Water!!!!Smile

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Aug 23, 2013, 1:34 PM
Post #3 of 10 (2259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SFBayArea] Cookie G3, what do you use to clean visor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Water, mild liquid dish soap, and my fingers. Rinse clean under running water and let it sit to air dry. Don't scrub it or dry it with any cloths at all!

(This post was edited by NWFlyer on Aug 23, 2013, 1:34 PM)

labrys  (D 29848)

Aug 23, 2013, 1:39 PM
Post #4 of 10 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be.

I'll admit this just in case...

The first time I replaced my Z1 visor, I didn't realize that it had a protective film stuck on it and I spent waaay too much time trying to wash the "oily" look off the thing. Blush

Skydivesg  (D 10938)

Aug 23, 2013, 2:42 PM
Post #5 of 10 (2165 views)
Shortcut

SFBayArea wrote:
Hey guys,

Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be. I was wondering what people use to clean it and not strip anti-fogging coating?

I only use fairly warm tap water (not boiling) then use my fingers to rub any oily/greasy spots from touching it then rinse really well with warm water.

I then swing the helmet around with the lens open to blow away most of the water.

I then use a micro fiber camera cloth to dry it.

No soap - no cleaners.

This is the recommended procedure by Cookie Composites.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

SFBayArea

Aug 23, 2013, 3:38 PM
Post #6 of 10 (2114 views)
Shortcut

It sounds like you guys remove visor to wash it right?

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Aug 23, 2013, 3:39 PM
Post #7 of 10 (2110 views)
Shortcut

SFBayArea wrote:
It sounds like you guys remove visor to wash it right?

Yes.

chemist  (A License)

Aug 23, 2013, 7:53 PM
Post #8 of 10 (2063 views)
Shortcut

how many jumps do you need to wear the G3?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I meant to ask about the Cookie FUEL, not G3.

(This post was edited by chemist on Aug 23, 2013, 7:54 PM)

drudchen  (D 31359)

Aug 26, 2013, 2:48 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1786 views)
Shortcut

I tried to use Plexus (plastic/plexiglass cleaner) that I use on my airplane, and it worked great. Now my G3 visor is really clean (minus a few scratches from tunnel walls)

Avikus  (C License)

Aug 29, 2013, 6:53 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1459 views)
Shortcut

SFBayArea wrote:
Hey guys,

Make sure you have the proper V2 visor cause I had a defect where I got the V1 (written on the side) and the anti fog melted off.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)