Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working?

betzilla  (D 23089)

Aug 22, 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1144 views)
Shortcut
TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? Can't Post

I'm curious if anybody is using TM/reserve Slinks on SigmaII mains, and what the pros and cons are...

baronn  (D 22387)

Aug 22, 2013, 6:53 PM
Post #2 of 7 (980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [betzilla] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have been for a while now. Found the slink and risers are getting beat up from the slider. I covered them with a piece of plastic tubing I got from Home Depot. Seems to be working great. make it about 3' long to be sure and keep the slider away from everything.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Aug 22, 2013, 7:10 PM
Post #3 of 7 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

baronn wrote:
Have been for a while now. Found the slink and risers are getting beat up from the slider. I covered them with a piece of plastic tubing I got from Home Depot. Seems to be working great. make it about 3' long to be sure and keep the slider away from everything.

That was a joke?
Right?

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Aug 22, 2013, 7:11 PM
Post #4 of 7 (966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [betzilla] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

A few years back, Performance Designs told us to quit using Slinks on tandem mains because of wear problems.

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

Aug 23, 2013, 3:22 AM
Post #5 of 7 (891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

That was with Dacron, same with Vectran?:

http://www.dropzone.com/...post=3329652#3329652

and

http://www.dropzone.com/...post=3326440#3326440

(This post was edited by skydiverek on Aug 23, 2013, 3:23 AM)

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Aug 23, 2013, 4:27 PM
Post #6 of 7 (762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverek] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

skydiverek wrote:

Dacron lines do create a lot of friction. Have you ever slid your hands up a set of Dacron lines too quickly?
Hah!
Hah!
You will only make that mistake once!

As for Vectran ???? less "felt" friction, but I wonder how much Vectran abrades slider grommets???

Davemon  (D 6304)

Aug 29, 2013, 6:46 AM
Post #7 of 7 (517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] TM slinks on SigmaII mains - anybody doing it? How's it working? [In reply to] Can't Post

Made a few sets of soft links out of a bit beefier line than the PD ones put them on my Vectran lined tandem canopies with a protector over them and have a few hundred jumps with no problems. Twice as strong as a french link as I broke a few in the tensile tester.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)