flat top narrow 1 / 100%
1 total votes

alberto_rezende  (D 21381)

Aug 17, 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Speed Light (flash light) for stills / mounting Can't Post

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a speed light (flash light + stills) mounted on a Flat Top Narrow or helmet of similar size?
I found several people using it of FTP`s and bigger helmets, but I am very confy with my FTN and don`t want to get a bigger helmet.

cheersss

pope  (D 19947)

Aug 22, 2013, 4:43 AM
Post #2 of 6 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alberto_rezende] Speed Light (flash light) for stills / mounting [In reply to] Can't Post

side mount?
It might help to post a pic of your setup.
cheers!

alberto_rezende  (D 21381)

Aug 31, 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #3 of 6 (840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pope] Speed Light (flash light) for stills / mounting [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Ideas for improvement?
Attachments: photo 5.JPG (126 KB)
  photo 1.JPG (104 KB)

sinjin  (A 210530)

Sep 2, 2013, 3:31 AM
Post #4 of 6 (747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alberto_rezende] Speed Light (flash light) for stills / mounting [In reply to] Can't Post

that does not look good,, i would either move the camera over and make a place for the flash to be next to it, or make a box so the flash can lay on top of the camera. i would not jump it like that.

BMFin

Sep 2, 2013, 4:33 AM
Post #5 of 6 (732 views)
Shortcut

I would place the still camera on the top, get rid of the sony, place a go pro on the front.

The flash should have room on the top (laying flat next to the still camera)

RandySwallows  (D License)

Sep 16, 2013, 9:06 PM
Post #6 of 6 (574 views)
Shortcut

alberto_rezende wrote:
In reply to:
Ideas for improvement?

I'm not sure I would jump that thing. Even without the flash, how do your videos not vignette off the lens from your still? If you need something really wide, then perhaps the GoPro is an option. You could also visit a fabricator and have them make you an aluminum box for your camera that is flat on top to mount your flash to.

In these few pictures I mounted Bonehead Goldmember on top of my camera box and had a bracket made for my flash that gets mounted to that. I will work on getting a picture up for you in the next few days or so of just the bracket.

Hope these help!

Randy
Attachments: Flashmount 2.jpg (90.0 KB)
  Flash mount 1.jpg (198 KB)

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)