Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
SSK Response

Albatross  (D 32026)

Sep 27, 2001, 10:54 AM
Post #1 of 2 (577 views)
Shortcut
SSK Response Can't Post

I already posed this in the Talk back because i wanted Maximum exposure:
Some of you might remember about 2 months agao my friend Nick had a cypress misfire at 4000' while doing a messed up 4 way with Carl (DZBone), Mark (Shark) and I. Well we finally got a response from them with some information. They found a defective component that SHOULD have cause the unit to deactivate and stay off but for some reason it did not shut off before the malfunction caused the unit to fire. They have succeeded in reproducing that malfunction in their labs but never with any other unit. They are going to replace the unit with another of the same year (a bit lame). They say that the unit pased QC even with the reproducable malfunction so i hope that they are able to isolate exactly what cause d the problem so no one else has this problem. I will keep you all up to date

God bless us and God Bless America
Albatross

kirils  (D License)

Sep 27, 2001, 12:23 PM
Post #2 of 2 (564 views)
Shortcut
Re: SSK Response [In reply to] Can't Post

I am currently working on an article about the incidence of misfires with the Cypres and Astra AAD and how it compares statistically to the number of saves. I have had contact and correspondence with both companies, but information like the incident you described are not readily available. Would you be so kind to share details of this incident?

Sincerely,

Kirils
imr@neo.rr.com

Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)