Forums: Dropzone.com: Security and Scam Alerts:
Username: esther123 - Scam Seller/Information Collection

Premier Meso
Administrator
Apr 18, 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #1 of 3 (673 views)
Shortcut
Username: esther123 - Scam Seller/Information Collection Can't Post

This user contacts users with wanted ads up and offers them gear, asking for their address or telephone number.

It is unclear whether or not this user reaches the step of providing his banking details, but it has become clear that the user has been attempting to collect user information through these e-mails, such as address or phone numbers.

Quote:
On 17-Apr-2013 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => esther123

Name => Esther Carabais

FromEmail => esthercarabais@gmail.com

City => Texas

Country => United States

Comments => i saw your wanted ad so i decide to mail you.

if you are still interested you can get back to me via my email with your cell number inclusive to easily reach you.

We have disabled the user from the site.

(This post was edited by Meso on Apr 18, 2013, 6:39 AM)

emanuel

Apr 18, 2013, 9:23 AM
Post #2 of 3 (604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: esther123 - Scam Seller/Information Collection [In reply to] Can't Post

HI
I did NOT
is ME
FOLLOW MY ADDRESS AND PHONE
EMANUELBABILONIA@HOTMAIL.COM
055 73 3632 2515
THANK YOU
EMANUEL

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Apr 18, 2013, 1:10 PM
Post #3 of 3 (591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emanuel] Username: esther123 - Scam Seller/Information Collection [In reply to] Can't Post

I posted a Wanted add, and had a response from this person. The whole thing is/was fishy to me. To the point that I suggested that I'd do the deal, but only if he/she sent me the gear, then I'd send payment. The emails are strange, and he/she sent pictures, but very small file size, which is suspicious. I'm a Group Member, so have access to the USPA membership database, this person has no record of USPA membership, my last email asked for his/her uspa number and license number. He/she indicated that he/she is a ebay user with a good ebay rating. So, I asked if he/she wanted to run the gear through ebay "No, I just want you to know that I'm a honest dealer." He/she almost had me when he/she promised that he/she was honest.

In general, if it smells like shit, don't take a taste to confirm one way or the other!

Martin

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)