Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago

susanjumps  (C License)

Feb 20, 2013, 7:11 PM
Post #1 of 10 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago Can't Post

It seems like a gazillion years since alt.rec.skydiving, and I remember being on it not long after I started jumping when I saw an unforgettable image of an ash dive. I can't remember the jumper's name, but I do remember his last name started with a "C". The jumpers in the ash dive made a C formation, and the vidiographer captured the image of a "ghost" jumper - his own shadow on the ashes as they were released. Does anyone remember or have this image? I'll never forget it and would love to see it again.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum - am posting in the memorial forum as well.

Thanks - Blue Skies

Susan

RhondaLea  (A 29204)

Feb 24, 2013, 6:47 PM
Post #2 of 10 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [susanjumps] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

Jerry Carmichael

Chris Fiala did the video.

Here's the start of the thread:

https://groups.google.com/...yr4qZeY/ACyTFmmRYdEJ

Unfortunately, all the video and stills links are broken. I wasn't able to find it elsewhere, but I'm sure someone has a copy.

susanjumps  (C License)

Feb 25, 2013, 5:11 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RhondaLea] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

Tanks soooo much for the information. I hope we can find the images. They are pretty amazing.

susanjumps  (C License)

Feb 25, 2013, 5:11 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RhondaLea] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks even! BlushTongue

RhondaLea  (A 29204)

Feb 25, 2013, 9:19 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [susanjumps] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

:)

I hope you can find the pictures. If you do, please remember to post them (if you're permitted to do so).

rl

donno  (D 13709)

Jun 21, 2014, 7:40 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1131 views)
Shortcut

I found this one on my computer,if it does not show up, email me.
Attachments: JerryC.jpg (23.3 KB)

Spooky52  (D 4501)

Jun 22, 2014, 5:22 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [donno] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

That's really special! I hope when mine comes they can get such an image.

raftman  (D 22337)

Jun 24, 2014, 1:34 PM
Post #8 of 10 (926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [donno] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW It's been years since I've seen that.
I was on that dive.

donno  (D 13709)

Jun 24, 2014, 5:23 PM
Post #9 of 10 (901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raftman] Looking for an Ash Dive image from over a decade ago [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool! Do you know if the shadow was planned?
In reply to:

raftman  (D 22337)

Jun 25, 2014, 1:47 PM
Post #10 of 10 (841 views)
Shortcut

No, not planned.
The angles of the sun, the jumpers, the vidiot, and the timing of the release of ashes would make that almost impossible.
It would be cool to try though.

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)