Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

girthy  (B License)

Feb 7, 2013, 9:35 AM
Post #1 of 42 (5778 views)
Shortcut
Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... Can't Post

Team Qatar, some of you guys are real pricks

dragging your feet to hold the plane

pretending not to see the lights so your spot is right over the dz, pushing the rest of us long (even the pilot said, watch these guys, i dont trust them)

s turns on final, and continuing to s turn even after being told not to. laughing at the "no s turns" sign

totally disregarding landing patterns.

giving the office staff crap for wanting to check rigs

walking across the landing area and not looking over and over. I watched 8 of you guys walk across and cut a swooper off. that poor bastard was screaming and you clowns were too busy flapping your jaws. after he landed, you jerks laughed. what is wrong with you? you were all standing still when he started his 180, and the minute he started, you clowns started walking. You guys were in the wrong! furthermore, you are lucky he was very skilled, you gave him a 5 foot isle and he did it.

felt bad for people who showed up monday when they did

Other then team Qatar, Eloy dz and staff rocks!

(This post was edited by girthy on Feb 7, 2013, 9:50 AM)

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Feb 7, 2013, 9:42 AM
Post #2 of 42 (5689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [girthy] Glad i left Eloy when team qutar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that the right spelling? Qutar? Sure its not Qatar, like a national team from there?

What kind of team is it?

DougH  (D License)

Feb 7, 2013, 9:44 AM
Post #3 of 42 (5675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [girthy] Glad i left Eloy when team qutar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this military jumpers from Qatar?

I visited Deland a few years back when they were doing a training for a bunch of military officers from there. I only visited for a short while, but I don't recall any problems.

I guess Eloy has the contract now.

girthy  (B License)

Feb 7, 2013, 9:49 AM
Post #4 of 42 (5658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] Glad i left Eloy when team qutar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Your spelling could be correct. They were RW team. Probably 20 of them?? Launching 4ways with camera. If you got on a load with 2 four ways plan on pulling high to make it back

stayhigh  (F 111)

Feb 7, 2013, 9:56 AM
Post #5 of 42 (5633 views)
Shortcut

pilot should gave you a go around.

Airgump  (D 29909)

Feb 7, 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #6 of 42 (5612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [girthy] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

was in perris when they were there, much the same experience. one of their instructors even landed opposite of the the pattern on the grass with not much punishment levied from the DZ staff, if memory serves he was banished from jumping the rest of the day, maybe 1 or 2 loads went up following this incident. out of pure self defense i tried to stay off loads that they were on or settled for hop-n-pops and landed in the north field.

what added insult to the whole debacle was that the bomb shelter gladly removed pork from their menu the duration of their visit. what a crock of crap.

would be interested if eloy did the same.......

3mpire  (C 39657)

Feb 7, 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #7 of 42 (5494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Airgump] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

they are probably a cash cow and know it

CSpenceFLY  (D 25252)

Feb 7, 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #8 of 42 (5428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Airgump] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Should have brought chocolate covered bacon treats to the DZ for everyone.LaughLaugh

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Feb 7, 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #9 of 42 (5379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CSpenceFLY] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Should have brought chocolate covered bacon treats to the DZ for everyone.LaughLaugh

SlySlySly

Airgump  (D 29909)

Feb 7, 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #10 of 42 (5363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CSpenceFLY] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, something down scotty carbone's alley if the legend is correct.

airtwardo  (D License)

Feb 7, 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #11 of 42 (5357 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Free hotdogs for everyone!

Krip  (Student)

Feb 7, 2013, 1:30 PM
Post #12 of 42 (5287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [girthy] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Boycott their ass.

If they want to act like a A-holes, payback is a bitchSmile

When their team is the only group that manifests for their loads they might have to wait a while if eloy wants their plane to T.O. with a full load.Sly

It's your money and you don'thave to put up with their crapSmile. Eloy does and they try very hard to run a efficient operation. Hard to do without a full load.Wink

If they haven't been Burked yet or ignored himCrazyThen there's no stopping them. Unless there's a full DZ wide boycott.

Enjoy

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Feb 7, 2013, 1:56 PM
Post #13 of 42 (5235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Krip] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Next time you see them acting like assholes, get everybody else together, have them take their shoes off, then attack the Qataris with the shoes and run them off. It's their ultimate insult. Tongue

I got nothing else... Unimpressed

Shredex

Feb 7, 2013, 2:08 PM
Post #14 of 42 (5212 views)
Shortcut

They were here in Z-hill a few months ago. Takes them around 16 seconds to get a 4 way out once the green light goes on. They bring multiple rigs each so they are hoping onto just about every single load. It was land, rip off rig, throw on another, and hold up plane while they throw on their leg straps.

I didn't notice them being ass-holes at all. I never even saw them speaking. They were dirt-diving constintally. I couldn't even get one to check my pin before a hop-n-pop because they were all in dreamland. Luckily their camera flyer was there to check me.

hillson  (D 33134)

Feb 7, 2013, 2:18 PM
Post #15 of 42 (5195 views)
Shortcut

Like Josh above...never had a real problem with them at ZHills (seen them two different occasions over the last year or so). Granted, a "now" call was sort of a...drag your feet and we will get to the plane when we get there call. But that is a minor annoyance.

They kept the Otters turning all day, every day - even during the crap slow months. Was pretty good $ for the packers too - so good for them.

A large percentage of the time they were getting out at competition altitude so no worries about jump run (or landings).

nigel99  (D 1)

Feb 7, 2013, 4:02 PM
Post #16 of 42 (5060 views)
Shortcut

it sucks when people have a bad attititude and spoil your fun.

If it is a national team, send a polite profanity free email to their embassy or sports ministry. Nobody wants their country portrayed badly.

My only other comment is, only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.

Krip  (Student)

Feb 7, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #19 of 42 (4948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallidin] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been to a few DZ's in the US only seen one DZ give a go around . The other DZ's have customers waiting and need to be as efficent as possible to keep the costs down for everyone.Sly

At one boogie in a north western state we were told once we manifested for a load ,and the winds picked up to bad so sad no refunds allowed.Wink

On A happy note they were nice enough to tell us before we manifested. We thought about it for less than 1 second before making our decision..

With the number of jumps the folks from Qatar, were pumping out and the $$$$ spent on tunnel time. I don't think the DZO gives a rats ass about some whining fun jumpers. The DZO knew what was going on.

A friend and I boycoted a couple of loads once at a certain DZ. On one load the DZO kept the plane on the ground for a good hrCrazy.

Manifest kept on repeating over the PA we need two more jumpers to fill before it can T.O.Unsure

R.

(This post was edited by billvon on Feb 8, 2013, 10:14 AM)

theonlyski  (D License)

Feb 7, 2013, 6:04 PM
Post #21 of 42 (4905 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
pretending not to see the lights so your spot is right over the dz, pushing the rest of us long (even the pilot said, watch these guys, i dont trust them)

When I have that problem, I tell the pilot to flip the lights on early. Cool

nigel99  (D 1)

Feb 7, 2013, 7:44 PM
Post #23 of 42 (4777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallidin] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.

Some pilots/drop zones won't give you a go around due to the wasted money and time. You either get out where you are, or ride the plane down and waste your jump ticket. That's an unacceptable choice.

The DZO needs to have a serious talk with them about cooperating for everyone's good.

My point still stands. You can choose to ride the plane down. Nobody forces you to have a long spot.

DocPop  (C License)

Feb 7, 2013, 8:58 PM
Post #24 of 42 (4654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.

Some pilots/drop zones won't give you a go around due to the wasted money and time. You either get out where you are, or ride the plane down and waste your jump ticket. That's an unacceptable choice.

The DZO needs to have a serious talk with them about cooperating for everyone's good.

My point still stands. You can choose to ride the plane down. Nobody forces you to have a long spot.

And if you get a long spot, pull a little higher and learn to fly a canopy to maximise your glide.

Besides, at Eloy don't 4-way teams get out on a separate pass at 10,500?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)