Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
optik illusion setup

NvyZero  (D License)

Jan 31, 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #1 of 5 (814 views)
Shortcut
optik illusion setup Can't Post

Can anybody inform of the pros/cons of this helmet? I plan on becoming a vidiot very soon chasing tandems as well as filming all types of flying! so i am wondering what the ideal set up would be for this helmet with stills and video for every type of jump? Or is there better "all around helmet" for this?

monkycndo  (D License)

Feb 1, 2013, 4:40 AM
Post #2 of 5 (744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NvyZero] optik illusion setup [In reply to] Can't Post

The illusion works fine. I didn't like the fit of the chin since it is hinged on one side and that pushed my chin sideways. I have a pointy chin.

Secondly, posting the same question in multiply forums is cross posting and is frowned upon.

DougH  (D License)

Feb 2, 2013, 5:34 AM
Post #3 of 5 (632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NvyZero] optik illusion setup [In reply to] Can't Post

At 272 jumps and zero video experience the last thing you should be doing is "chasing tandems".

monkycndo  (D License)

Feb 2, 2013, 6:32 AM
Post #4 of 5 (623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougH] optik illusion setup [In reply to] Can't Post

But how else do you get your jumps paid for unless you stick a camera on your helmet?

Can't get AFF or TI rating at current jump numbers.

DougH  (D License)

Feb 2, 2013, 8:49 AM
Post #5 of 5 (616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] optik illusion setup [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha, your being facetious right? Do coach jumps, be a tandem packer, get a job. Do videos of your friends for free, volunteer to do some video for the B squad.

It isn't as if people are going to keep moving the goal posts on you. We all know standards are pretty damn lax, so it shouldn't be a huge burden to get some sort of experience before expecting the "big bucks".

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)