Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Military Discount

SoraTai  (A License)

Jan 30, 2013, 2:01 PM
Post #1 of 15 (3805 views)
Shortcut
Military Discount Can't Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aerodyne doesn't have a military discount.

Would any other military folks out there buy an Aerodyne container/rig/canopy if there were a mil dicount?

I've checked around and EVERYONE has a mil discount but them. I love Aerodyne products but I will save hundreds of dollars with other companies that offer 20-30% off.

BUT...regardless, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one anyway.

(This post was edited by SoraTai on Jan 30, 2013, 2:32 PM)

NeonLights  (D License)

Jan 30, 2013, 2:12 PM
Post #2 of 15 (3658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SoraTai] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

I would just go with what you like. If you have the money.. It doesn't matter. I have learned my lesson with that, in the past i have bought things because of military discount, even though its not exactly what i want and i end up selling it to buy what i really wanted in the first place.

excaza  (C License)

Jan 30, 2013, 2:12 PM
Post #3 of 15 (3647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SoraTai] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

Most manufacturers would prefer their discounts not get posted publicly. Just talk to them directly.

(This post was edited by excaza on Jan 30, 2013, 2:12 PM)

SoraTai  (A License)

Jan 30, 2013, 2:20 PM
Post #4 of 15 (3629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [excaza] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a little hesitant in posting this but I wanted to get the general consensus.

I spoke with the manufacturer directly and they were very frindly and helpful.

CSpenceFLY  (D 25252)

Jan 30, 2013, 2:40 PM
Post #5 of 15 (3611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SoraTai] Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

Fine line between appreciating something and expecting it. I would think a better course would be to pick up the phone and have a private conversation with the company.

I for one if I offer something like a discount or free service to someone do it as a thank you not for the recognition.

LDiCosimo  (B License)

Jan 30, 2013, 4:57 PM
Post #6 of 15 (3542 views)
Shortcut

Those discounts are generally off the MSRP. Many dealers don't sell at MSRP. Square1 for example sells the Icon pro for 2370 which is $400 below MSRP and the pilot is sold there for $1850, $200 off retail.
SO i'd talk either directly to them or discuss pricing options with a local dealer.

Edited for spelling

(This post was edited by LDiCosimo on Jan 30, 2013, 4:58 PM)

OneJumpWally  (A License)

Jan 30, 2013, 5:54 PM
Post #7 of 15 (3517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LDiCosimo] Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

Wings has awesome military discounts Wink

upndownshop  (D 23924)

Feb 6, 2013, 9:46 AM
Post #8 of 15 (3321 views)
Shortcut

Not sure where you received your information but Aerodyne does offer a military discount on all sport equipment they manufacture. The gear would need to be purchased thru you're favorite dealer, so contact them for a price. Smile

cavscout73  (C 40414)

Feb 28, 2013, 8:11 PM
Post #9 of 15 (3179 views)
Shortcut

I will look for it but I have a pretty complete listing of all manufacturers that give discounts, I will pm it to ya.
And for the record, I love my wings.. And they,do a great discount..

rnicks  (A License)

Mar 1, 2013, 4:16 PM
Post #10 of 15 (3057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [excaza] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Most manufacturers would prefer their discounts not get posted publicly. Just talk to them directly.

Really? Why is that? To me, it would seem if a company offers a discount for whatever reason, they would be proud to do so.

theonlyski  (D License)

Mar 2, 2013, 4:29 AM
Post #11 of 15 (2995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rnicks] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Really? Why is that? To me, it would seem if a company offers a discount for whatever reason, they would be proud to do so.

Because then more people will ask for it, more people would lie about military service to try to get it, and for some manufacturers more people would order direct instead of going thru a dealer.

How's everything going over there? Tongue

oldwomanc6

Mar 2, 2013, 9:43 PM
Post #12 of 15 (2865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Because then more people will ask for it, more people would lie about military service to try to get it, and for some manufacturers more people would order direct instead of going thru a dealer.

Most people who qualify for it can produce a current ID card.

just Sayin"

rnicks  (A License)

Mar 3, 2013, 8:13 AM
Post #13 of 15 (2808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldwomanc6] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Most people who qualify for it can produce a current ID card.

just Sayin"

Those were my thoughts too. I would most likely frequent an establishment if I knew they gave discounts even if I didn't qualify for it. ie: senior, military or student.

davjohns  (B 36948)

Mar 6, 2014, 1:25 PM
Post #14 of 15 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rnicks] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

I was actually trying to pull the trigger today on a new Pilot and Smart. I contacted Aerodyne to see how I proved my AD status and such. Turns out the 30% and 35% discounts I saw on dz.com before are no longer in effect. They recommend that you go to a dealer who will give you a discount based on his/her costs.

Ah well. My fault. I should have bought them previously.

ChuckMartin  (D License)

Jun 14, 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #15 of 15 (720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davjohns] Aerodyne Military Discount [In reply to] Can't Post

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...31315731671616_o.png

10-15% for Icarus canopies now.

Also I think Aerodyne's is back. I just got a new Pilot and got a little off of it.

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)