Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Leg pad extensions?

mmeseck  (C License)

Jan 28, 2013, 8:46 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Leg pad extensions? Can't Post

Just bought a used Javelin rig and the leg pads aren't quite long enough to cover leg straps. Does anyone know of an easy fix without replacing the entire leg pad?

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 28, 2013, 9:06 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mmeseck] Leg pad extensions? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Just bought a used Javelin rig and the leg pads aren't quite long enough to cover leg straps. Does anyone know of an easy fix without replacing the entire leg pad?

autoparts store...slip-on pads for seatbelts.

RIGGER  (D 7933)

Jan 29, 2013, 1:06 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Smile Hi

The best is to contact Sun Path & ask for assist - they ae very kind & taking good care.

http://www.sunpath.com

info@sunpath.com

Cheers

davelepka  (D 21448)

Jan 29, 2013, 7:24 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1280 views)
Shortcut

Quote:

Just replace the entire legpad. They're not very expensive, and Sunpath can make you a set that will fit your thighs and match your rig. On top of that, it will make your rig more comfortable, as the padding in the legstraps breaks down after a few years, and the fresh pads will have fresh padding.

Off the top of my head, I would guess they're less than $100, and figure $20/$30 for a rigger to install.

mmeseck  (C License)

Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davelepka] Leg pad extensions? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks everyone. spoke with sunpath this morning. they were great and said a brand new pair of pads is only $150.

AdamUSN  (A 57465)

Jan 29, 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1218 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
thanks everyone. spoke with sunpath this morning. they were great and said a brand new pair of pads is only $150.

Awesome. I have low numbers and I am concerned about things so I always consult the manufacturer for correct information. I consider my skydiving rig life saving gear!

Adam

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)