Forums: International: Stammtisch:
USPA and Germany!

kevinp-19

Jan 20, 2013, 9:15 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1502 views)
Shortcut
USPA and Germany! Can't Post

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin Padilla. I am a Soldier currently stationed in Germany. I've wanted for a long time to become certified with the USPA for a while now. I am ready to become licensed, but of course I am in Germany. I was wondering if anyone knew if I were to get licensed here with whatever international foundations would it transfer to the USPA when I return home to the states.

I'm sorry if a question like this was already asked.

Any information and links that can be given I'd be grateful for thank you
I am stationed near ansbach

Godric  (D License)

Jan 20, 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevinp-19] USPA and Germany! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kevin

I just looked up the USPA Skydiver Information Manual (SIM) online, although the only readily available one was 2011. That says you can transfer any international FAI licence to a USPA one.

You are probably based towards the South of Germany; we have a British Parachute Association DZ in Germany near Paderborn on the British Training Area at Sennelager. I am aware of 2 US military within the last few years that have travelled up here to jump. We have bunkhouse accommodation and military jump rates.

Seb

Panthim  (D 26053)

Jan 21, 2013, 7:47 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1397 views)
Shortcut

Find an USPA Instructor at one of the USPA DZ in Germany:
http://www.uspa.org/...bid/418/Default.aspx
or if You will have an German License then:
http://www.uspa.org/...bid/165/Default.aspx
D 5.a.

(This post was edited by Panthim on Jan 21, 2013, 7:49 AM)

hexentrics  (D License)

Jan 24, 2013, 9:18 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1252 views)
Shortcut

No worries with this mate, if you get your a licence or above you will have no trouble jumping in the states. i jumped with my British docs over in the us over the summer

Dittodogg  (B 32185)

Feb 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1083 views)
Shortcut

I am stationed in Illesheim and jump at a few DZ nearby. I know of two that have USPA certification for AFF. I am currently in Afghanistan, but will be home soon. There are a few of us from the Ansbach area that jump. Send me a PM if you are interested in going.

Forums : International : Stammtisch

Search for (options)