Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
buying from Icarus in NZ

mjlaw201

Jan 14, 2013, 2:43 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1040 views)
Shortcut
buying from Icarus in NZ Can't Post

I'm about to have a new canopy sent to CA from Icarus in NZ. Does anyone know what, if any, customs duties I'll have to pay? I asked both the Icarus dealer and Icarus themselves and they told me they didn't know if I'd have to pay or not.

talon2

Jan 14, 2013, 8:19 PM
Post #2 of 7 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjlaw201] buying from Icarus in NZ [In reply to] Can't Post

surely they dont screw their dealer network do they ?

topdocker  (D 12018)

Jan 14, 2013, 9:59 PM
Post #3 of 7 (858 views)
Shortcut

We got a bunch of canopies from them and the duty came in a separate bill from FEDEX. It wasn't much at all.....like twenty or so per canopy.

It wasn't a dealbreaker that's for sure.

theonlyski  (D License)

Jan 15, 2013, 5:02 AM
Post #4 of 7 (795 views)
Shortcut

I ordered a stock canopy from (I believe NZ) thru Chutingstar. It showed up about 2 weeks later.

No additional bills. Wink

mjlaw201

Jan 15, 2013, 6:15 PM
Post #5 of 7 (678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] buying from Icarus in NZ [In reply to] Can't Post

In your case, I think chuting star may have just included the tariff cost in their retail price. I just checked their website and they are asking $175 more than what I'm paying.

ChrisD  (No License)

Jan 17, 2013, 2:36 PM
Post #6 of 7 (529 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I'm about to have a new canopy sent to CA from Icarus in NZ. Does anyone know what, if any, customs duties I'll have to pay? I asked both the Icarus dealer and Icarus themselves and they told me they didn't know if I'd have to pay or not.

Providing the required Internal Transaction Number (ITN) on the customs declaration form before mailing items with a value of more than $2,500, unless exempt under Census Bureau regulations. Ensure the ITN or exemption legend is clearly indicated on the customs declaration PS Form 2976-A in block 11.

The abouve is the really , really short version!

Iv'e been shipping stuff both ways on e-bay from Russia, Iv'e been told time and time again, inbound,...Don't worry, outbound worry when stuff starts to approach 500 us. You should not have any issues reciving a new canopy (CONGATULATIONS!!) if it is valued at 2,500.00 or less U.S..
C

mircan  (D 32291)

Jan 18, 2013, 1:29 AM
Post #7 of 7 (469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [topdocker] buying from Icarus in NZ [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
We got a bunch of canopies from them and the duty came in a separate bill from FEDEX. It wasn't much at all.....like twenty or so per canopy.

It wasn't a dealbreaker that's for sure.

+1 on that

Very good customer service (I knew status of my canopy all the way through production/purchase/shipping). Got the canopy week or two earlier than predicted.
Small customs fee, bigger than in USA, but nothing major. Thanx NZ Icarus Smile

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)