Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ

theplummeter  (C License)

Jan 11, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ Can't Post

Arizona locals,

I am headed to work in the Deer Valley area for about a week in Febuary and again in March. I would love to go to Eloy, but I will likely be working twelve hour night shifts and might not be able to commute all that way and stay rested.

Does anyone here have experience with Buckeye? It looks like that might be the closest option, or is there something closer that would be fun? I will be there over a weekend but would love to make at least a jump or two every day including weekdays.

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Jan 12, 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theplummeter] Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ [In reply to] Can't Post

Skydive Phoenix in Maricopa is probably a better bet. They have a nice Caravan. It's Marc Hogue's dropzone.

NukeVagabond  (B License)

Jan 12, 2013, 1:10 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1552 views)
Shortcut

Are you going to work at an APS location? I live in central Phoenix near the Biltmore and would be willing to carpool to Eloy or Maricopa. I'm on rotating shift work, so my time to jump differs each week.

Jan 12, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NukeVagabond] Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a rental car and would be happy to take anyone with me to a dropzone. Would Maricopa be quicker than Eloy with traffic? It's a ways down there too it looks like.

I'm not sure what APS is, but I'll be working nights at the Deer Valley airport. If it's slow and I can nap at work Eloy should be no problem but if I'm up working all night I'll need some rest time and driving all the way down to Eloy might not be a good idea.

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jan 13, 2013, 3:49 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1474 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I'll have a rental car and would be happy to take anyone with me to a dropzone. Would Maricopa be quicker than Eloy with traffic? It's a ways down there too it looks like.

I'm not sure what APS is, but I'll be working nights at the Deer Valley airport. If it's slow and I can nap at work Eloy should be no problem but if I'm up working all night I'll need some rest time and driving all the way down to Eloy might not be a good idea.
it's a 1.5 hour drive toughen up princess SlySlySly

Jan 13, 2013, 3:54 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

it's a 1.5 hour drive toughen up princess SlySlySly

But what if I break a nail on Interstate 10?!?!!?!?!??!?!

Seriously, it would be really bad news if I fell asleep at work.

NukeVagabond  (B License)

Jan 14, 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1452 views)
Shortcut

PM Sent!

thedoc329  (B 36995)

Jan 28, 2013, 4:45 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NukeVagabond] Dropzones near Deer Valley, AZ [In reply to] Can't Post

I just returned from az and jumped eloy buckeye and red rock in cottonwood, all were a good time staff and fun jumpers were all cool everywereWink

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)