Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
2013 Symposium

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Dec 27, 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1739 views)
Shortcut
2013 Symposium Can't Post

Hi out there,

Any of you central Florida-types know of some transportation between the Orlando airport & the Symposium Hilton Hotel in Daytona Beach? Other than walking, hitchhiking, car rental, etc. Tongue

I could rent a car but it would probably just sit at the hotel parking lot for 5 days.

I'm thinking shuttle or something similar.

Thanks in advance,

JerryBaumchen

billbooth  (D 3546)

Dec 27, 2012, 3:08 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

Jerry, there are several transit companies that operate that route. One that comes to mind is DOTS (Daytona-Orlando Transit System). All are a lot cheaper than renting a car for 5 days. But then again,you won't be able to easily visit UPT, or any of the other fine parachute manufacturers in DeLand without a car.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Dec 27, 2012, 3:33 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billbooth] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info. I will contact them.

Well, since I have visited RWS/UPT twice in the past; and I know, I have not seen your new place.

So how about all of you DeLand located mfrs putting some transportation from the hotel to your facilities?

As we say in volleyball, the ball is in your court. Cool

JerryBaumchen

PeteS  (D 8230)

Dec 27, 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

I would be in for a "Field Trip" of sorts!! I want to take some side trips around the Deland area!!
C'mon Bill, let's get a "Short Bus" for viewing the natives!! Wink

Seriously, I do want to see your place humming!

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

Dec 28, 2012, 4:34 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1542 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Jerry, there are several transit companies that operate that route. One that comes to mind is DOTS (Daytona-Orlando Transit System). All are a lot cheaper than renting a car for 5 days. But then again,you won't be able to easily visit UPT, or any of the other fine parachute manufacturers in DeLand without a car.

Is the new UPT building already staffed and fully oprerational (as in sewing rigs)?

billbooth  (D 3546)

Dec 28, 2012, 6:59 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverek] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Is the new UPT building already staffed and fully oprerational (as in sewing rigs)?
Yep. Production is up about 25% already...aiming for 50%.

skytribe  (D 9403)

Dec 28, 2012, 8:22 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeteS] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be interested in some field trips to various manufacturers.

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Dec 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1386 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Slight tangent here, but where's the new building, Bill?

Chuck Blue, D-12501

theonlyski  (D License)

Dec 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkymonkeyONE] 2013 Symposium [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Slight tangent here, but where's the new building, Bill?

Chuck Blue, D-12501

Right behind the old one if I recall correctly.

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

Jan 16, 2013, 3:21 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1102 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Bill - is the new building sewing military rigs, civilian, or both?

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)