Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune

wadebaird  (D 26443)

Dec 8, 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #1 of 10 (3403 views)
Shortcut
Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune Can't Post

Anyone come up with a good way to mount the N3 on your wrist / forearm without velcro? Something similar to the Viso mount?

I've tried multiple types of elastic and the best thing I could come up with is supertacking the rubber mount to the elastic from a long sock. It holds the best so far, but when I am head down it'll start creeping it's way from my forearm down to my wrist, especially if I am pegged out with my arms to my side. My jumpsuit helps to hold it on, but I am getting a new one without sleeves, and I think it will slide down worse on my bare arm.

airtwardo  (D License)

Dec 8, 2012, 6:42 PM
Post #2 of 10 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wadebaird] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

Try cutting an ACE elastic elbow brace in half...

They come in several size diameters, last a long time, are washable...not as cheap as an old sock but close.

(This post was edited by airtwardo on Dec 8, 2012, 6:47 PM)

Croc  (D 29552)

Dec 9, 2012, 5:53 AM
Post #3 of 10 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wadebaird] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

Instrument glove. The best type is (at least used to be) sold by Square D. L&B makes one for the Viso which might fit.

FreeflyDom  (C 39051)

Dec 9, 2012, 8:52 AM
Post #4 of 10 (3221 views)
Shortcut

Hi

I think your best bet would be to go to your local sporting good store and get an ace bandage for your wrist. I got a Pd wrist band and also the N3 hard mount case and it works great for me.

Good Luck
Attachments: wristband-3__96574_zoom.jpg (73.0 KB)
  newn3mount_1.jpg (72.0 KB)

airtwardo  (D License)

Dec 9, 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #5 of 10 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Croc] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Instrument glove. The best type is (at least used to be) sold by Square D. L&B makes one for the Viso which might fit.

Some people prefer not to have anything on their hands...I like a forearm placement as it reduces the likelihood of a snag somewhat.

I use the standard Velcro, the OP seems to not want that...I don't have any problems with it ~ but I'm not doing the faster fall rate stuff he is.

DiveDevil  (D License)

Nov 18, 2013, 8:00 PM
Post #6 of 10 (2183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FreeflyDom] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

FreeflyDom wrote:
Hi

I think your best bet would be to go to your local sporting good store and get an ace bandage for your wrist. I got a Pd wrist band and also the N3 hard mount case and it works great for me.

Good Luck

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the picture you attached was the PD wristband + a silicone case - how did you attach the two?

Also, how did you attach the hardcase to the Ace bandage or wristband and do you have a picture of that by any chance? Thanks!

Squeak  (E 1313)

Nov 19, 2013, 2:04 AM
Post #7 of 10 (2108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DiveDevil] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

DiveDevil wrote:
FreeflyDom wrote:
Hi

Good Luck

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the picture you attached was the PD wristband + a silicone case - how did you attach the two?

Also, how did you attach the hardcase to the Ace bandage or wristband and do you have a picture of that by any chance? Thanks!
Backing plate with small screws

DiveDevil  (D License)

Nov 19, 2013, 7:36 PM
Post #8 of 10 (2006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

Squeak wrote:

So just screw the whole damn thing right through the wristband then? Sounds easy enough!

Trev_S  (B 7866)

Nov 19, 2013, 9:28 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DiveDevil] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

DiveDevil wrote:
Squeak wrote:

So just screw the whole damn thing right through the wristband then? Sounds easy enough!

I thought you said screw it through the wristbone. Would be effective lol.

evan85  (C 41367)

Sep 29, 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #10 of 10 (445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trev_S] Elastic Wrist / forearm mount for N3 Neptune [In reply to] Can't Post

Any word on the official Alti-2 version of this? I feel like back in May or June they said "almost ready, coming soon!" I've been holding off on making a homemade version with an ACE or sweatband or something but it's been so long...

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)