Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 ... 2220 Next page Last page  View All

Robert99

Dec 5, 2012, 9:18 PM
Post #38651 of 55489 (35229 views)
Shortcut
JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
GET THE PICTURE!

I AM WAITING FOR A REPLY!
MR. ROBERT99 !

And I am waiting for a reply from you about your claims that "someone", obviously meaning me, had altered one of your posts.

In fact, you altered your own post and then edited it. Since you usually claim ignorance in these matters, a summary of this is in post 38655.

What is your reply?

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 9:47 PM
Post #38652 of 55489 (35216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] the Grinch that stole Cooper [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
what the witnesses told the FBI after the hijacking.

I've already mentioned a list of people who, according to Gray, gave widely varying descriptions

Robert Gregory,

between Tina and Flo.

"Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything..."

Marilyn Monroe

There you go again, Marilyn, exaggerating the size
of your horn section ...

Witnesses! LOTS OF EM!
List! HUMONGOUS LIST!

Robert Gregory
Tina/Flo (close in height)

Thats one helluva a large list Marilyn. Witnesses, all
two of them.

So let me assist. Add Simmons and his wife -
maybe. Guess Geoff left Simmons off the long liost
running five pages... but I will add him and the Mrs.
Now you have 2 1/2.

Add the college kid across from Cooper. Now you
have 3 1/2

You need more witnesses, lists, and horns, Marilyn.

Try Victoria's Secret. There must be an outfit in the
closest never seen before... put it on and trot it out
on the runway ............ make sure the batteries
work.

CrazyLaugh
LOL the truth is you don't have an answer. That's why you retreated into Alice in Wonderland again. I never listed all the witnesses. Just gave a few examples to show you there WAS discrepency between them on the hijacking. And pointed out the obvious flaws in sketches and descriptions by using the case of the Green River Killer. (a very GOOD example, IMHO) All your cute spinning doesn't change that. In case you're thinking I'm trying to stretch the testimony to fit KC or something...I didn't even rely on the sketch to build whatever case there is against Christiansen, except in a general way. He does resemble it, but as many people have pointed out, so does Bing Crosby. Maybe even Don Adams.

Quote:
"Tennessee Tuxedo will NOT fail..."

Could have been Don Adams, you know. (Chumley, no. Tennessee's partner REALLY doesn't doesn't fit the sketch.)

Quote:
"Would you believe TWO hundred thousand dollars..."

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Dec 5, 2012, 9:51 PM)

skyjack71

Dec 5, 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #38653 of 55489 (35207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

IF I indeed made those remark, I must have taken my medication. I am now taking meds for pain. I question it because it was JUST not something I say - but an echo of what JT used to bellow out all of the time.

If you need PROOF that pic was made in Salt Lake with the Assembly Hall as background I have the pictures, but do NOT post private images of myself on the thread or elsewhere. You KNEW it was the Assembly Hall, but I do not understand why you would deny it was. IF YOU SPENT THE TIME YOU CLAIM AT AT SALT LAKE YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHERE THE PHOTO WAS MADE.

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #38654 of 55489 (35193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

Can we have a quick refresher here? WHY is this photo important? Just asking, that's all.

skyjack71

Dec 5, 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #38655 of 55489 (35186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Can we have a quick refresher here? WHY is this photo important? Just asking, that's all.

Because Duane knew the man and did not want him to see him.
Whoever this man is - is the link to the past of Weber...whatever that is.

We went to the Visitors Center and he found his name on the roster and went down the hall.
He came back and said the man was just leaving. He quickly took me to the site this man had to pass to get to his car. He did NOT want the man to see him, but told me where he would becoming from and that he would have a briefcase - the man had to go this way to get to his car.

Duane left - I was never sure where he went to...but he disappeared quickly.

After the film was developed and I was putting the picks in the album he asked me where the negatives were. I told him in the safe as I always did (my family lost a lot of photo due to a fire so I was fire cautious.).

Then after we moved to Fl in 1988 I was redoing the albums and again Duane asked about the prints. I searched 50 yrs of negatives. The ONLY missing are the negatives of the pictures I made of this man. He could NOT take the ones out of the album without arousing my curiosity.

Whoever this man is - he is connected to Duane's past and the pictures he needed for a purpose - I want to know what Duane's history with this man was and who he was.

MeyerLouie

Dec 5, 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #38656 of 55489 (35182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] Eye Witness ID [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I think the answer to Tina ... is in the rest of her life.

I have been an instructor in a few adventure sports and a participant in many more. The USAF gave me 8 years of putting highly trained MOSTLY college boys in life threatening situations ( with the caveat that I could not break them beyond repair) while never forgetting I was there to impart my knowledge of staying alive no matter where and under what situations they might find themselves in.

People respond to stress and the influx of adrenaline in far different ways.

Some of us LIVE for that... others.... end up in a convent.

I think she did a whole lot of praying on that plane that night. I think Dean Martin could have been the hijacker and she would not have been able to describe him. Her focus was not on him... it was on just how close she, as a young woman, could very well end up not growing one day older.

You're so melodramatic Amazon. Seems to me Tina had her wits about her pretty much the whole time. She followed every one of DBC's instructions -- to the letter. The crew credited her with saving their lives. She talked to Cooper, lit his cigarettes, even joked around with him. When the money came, she asked, "Can I have some? Just kidding." When Cooper handed her a bundle of money she said, "No thanks, I'm not allowed to take tips." That hardly sounds like someone paralyzed by her fear.

Tina was incapacitated by the sheer terror and peril of the moment? No way, that's ridiculous. The evidence and testimony do not support that conclusion. And I would also go out on a limb and say her testimony and descriptions afterwards were probably pretty reliable. Airline crews are trained to deal with emergency situations in flight -- that's their job. I would trust her assessment of the ordeal.

This is not to say that she didn't suffer from PTSD later on. PTSD can be a delayed reaction -- weeks, even months after the fact. This is quite possible in Tina's case, and it's probably what happened.

But she was on her game those 5 hours on 11/24/71 with DBC -- I have no doubts about that.

MeyerLouie

skyjack71

Dec 5, 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #38657 of 55489 (35173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Easy Pickins [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
well, it's bad enough we have different descriptions from eyewitnesses, we also have people matching photo's to the sketches, some have an exact match? I don't think the odds are that good on a exact match from sketch to photo.

let's take a look at the suspects all together?

Why did you use the one picture I do not know the source of and it has all kinds of reflection on.

Try ONE of these if you really want to be objective.

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Dec 5, 2012, 10:42 PM)
Attachments: Christmas 1980.jpg (175 KB)
  Original.JPG (15.9 KB)
  1977 Pink.JPG (32.7 KB)
  Weber or Cooper 1977.jpg (20.9 KB)
  Prison Release 1962.jpg (28.9 KB)
  Duane & Family.jpg (7.71 KB)

MeyerLouie

Dec 5, 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #38658 of 55489 (35165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Eye Witness ID [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Quote:
Also, please remember that the Chief Psychologist for the FAA in Washington, DC had passed the word to the flight crew that Cooper would probably take a hostage with him and blow up the airliner when he jumped.

What an idiot. Like a PhD in psychology qualifies him to predict this. I wonder if he predicted the exit point and deployment altitude too.

Looks like he was wrong on all fronts. Amazon would call him a "college boy". I'd be less kind.

I have to agree. Most shrinks will tell you they need to see someone in person, or at least a case record. Also, the limited amount of communications between the hijacker and Everyone Else doesn't reveal many clues to his personality.

Example: The shrink hears that the hijacker has killed two of the hostages, shoved them out onto the tarmac, and now the plane is in the air again. Crew says he's going crazy in the back of the plane, shouting, making threats. Then you might be able to make a reasonable prediction like that.

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #38659 of 55489 (35157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] the Grinch that stole Cooper [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL the truth is you don't have an answer.
No, the answers were given in the previous post -
which you conveniently ignore, just as always ignore
people's posts and what they say - so you can build
a bigger BILLBOARD.

Just like you posted then amended, thewn took
down three posts last night (a) announcing you are
sending your material to the Seattle FBI and the
Seattle Times, (b) then took that down and posted
the actual letter (which was funny), (c) then took
that down and left a hollow space saying "I am Not
Afraid" at the top ... which still resides on DZ for all
to see.

And you call me Alice in Wonderland?

Did you get your letter sent to the FBI today? Or did
you chicken out ?

American wants to know! (thats your line)
Is there anybody in there? (thats your line)

Do you actually think anyone gives a shit? (Thats
my line).

MeyerLouie

Dec 5, 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #38660 of 55489 (35733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] Eye Witness ID [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
agreed, but IMO the PTSD had not set in on Tina right after the left the plane and spoke with the FBI, and whether she is suffering from it or not, nobody knows for sure.

my observation is it's possible that Tina's perception is much different from Flo's, you don't need a traumatic event in order to have different conclusions to what someone has seen. you would think since Tina spent more time with him that she should have a good description, yet years later Flo says none of the sketches really looked like Cooper, which one is suffering a traumatic event, one or both? or did they both have a bad perception of describing Cooper? can we blame it on stress, or just bad judgement?

I agree that this has probably damaged Tina over the years, but I'm not sold has to the amount of damage right after the crime, if that makes sense?

Many people right after a life threatening event are essentially babbling idiots.

Why the melodrama? C'mon -- Tina was not a babbling idiot right after the event. MeyerLouie

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #38661 of 55489 (35729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MeyerLouie] Eye Witness ID [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, sure I mean it, MeyerLouie. Especially this part:

'I have to agree. Most shrinks will tell you they need to see someone in person, or at least a case record....'

That guy made an irresponsible prediction based on near-zero information. All he really succeeded in doing was scaring the crap out of the crew. Even profilers need a case record before they start running a profile, or making predictions about the possible perp in a case.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Dec 5, 2012, 10:44 PM)

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #38662 of 55489 (35726 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

WE dont need a refresher - only you do.

READ THE THREAD.

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #38663 of 55489 (35719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

WE dont need a refresher - only you do.

READ THE THREAD.

Wasn't asking you, but thanks for your quick reply. Who is 'WE'? You're not trying to speak for everybody again, are you? It's tiresome, and assumes others can't speak for themselves. Crazy

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Dec 5, 2012, 10:51 PM)

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #38664 of 55489 (35715 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Well, sure I mean it. Especially this part:

'I have to agree. Most shrinks will tell you they need to see someone in person, or at least a case record....'

That guy made an irresponsible prediction based on near-zero information. All he really succeeded in doing was scaring the crap out of the crew. Even profilers need a case record before they start running a profile, or making predictions about the possible perp in a case.

HOW DO YOU KNOW! Its just another kneejerk
reaction by the famous RobertM Blevins.

If you had read people's posts you would know
something about this. Instead you refuse to READ
THE THREAD so you dont know anything about it so
instead, you make wild claims which are totally not
factual!

And you repeat it endlessly for two years excpecting
a different result each time!

That's Crazy

Got any news about Jack the Ripper? Or where Naxi
gold is buried? Surely you have an expert opinion or
an article out on that?

(This post was edited by georger on Dec 5, 2012, 10:48 PM)

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #38665 of 55489 (35706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Eye Witness ID [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Well, sure I mean it. Especially this part:

HOW DO YOU KNOW! Its just another kneejerk
reaction by the famous RobertM Blevins.

If you had read people's posts you would know
somebody about this. Instead yourefuse to REQAD
THE THREAD so you dont know anything about it so
instead, you make wild claims which are totally not
factual!

And you repeat it endlessly for two years excpecting
a different result each time!

That's Crazy

How do I know? Easy. Because this shrink scared the crap out of the crew, and made a prediction based on near-zero information.

I think there's an echo in here.

You don't know everything, Mr Science. Just how much of the case record, or examples of Cooper's personality do you think the shrink had time to bone up on before he said those things? Wasn't it just a few hours between the time Cooper passed the note and when he jumped?

UR funny sometimes. No, really.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Dec 5, 2012, 10:54 PM)

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #38666 of 55489 (35701 views)
Shortcut

You're not trying to speak for everybody again, are you. It's tiresome, and assumes others can't speak for themselves. Crazy
WHAT! You are the one speaks for eveyrone!!!!

"AMERICA WANTS TO KNOW" RMB quote.

Where did you pick up the tactic of accusing people
of what you do yourself? The Hannity Effect.

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #38667 of 55489 (35695 views)
Shortcut

How do I know? Easy. Because this shrink scared the crap out of the crew, and made a prediction based on near-zero information.

I think there's an echo in here.\

How do you know it scared the crap out of the crew?
Your proof?
You were there?
Yes thereis an echo in here - ITS YOU!

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #38668 of 55489 (35688 views)
Shortcut

You don't know everything, Mr Science. Just how much of the case record, or examples of Cooper's personality do you think the shrink had time to bone up on before he said those things? Wasn't it just a few hours between the time Cooper passed the note and when he jumped?

UR funny sometimes. No, really.
aGAIN mR bLEVINS - read the damned thread - I am
not going to spell it out for you or teach you what
first graders know and do automatically.

Get your head straight! Come on in FOR THE BIG
WIN!

Read the thread and stop being an INDEPENDENT
CONTRACTOR OF BULLSHIT.

We are NOT going to remake the world for you.
You need to do a few things for yourself, for a
change!

I am not going to give you a free history lesson.
You need to press a few buttons in the search box
for yourself this time. Gerger is NOT going to rescue
you this time -

Hint, hint: There are reason the psychiatrist said
what he said - info given him prior to his
assessment - duhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You fill in the gap
by READING THE THREAD. He was not operating in a
vacuum as you would like to pretend so you can
bloviate expertise from the Jethro's porach about it!

Is there anybody in there? (Blevins quote)

(This post was edited by georger on Dec 5, 2012, 11:04 PM)

MeyerLouie

Dec 5, 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #38669 of 55489 (35685 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
General note: If the sketches are so accurate as to nearly represent a photo of the hijacker...and the FBI is so sure of them...then WHY would the FBI spend soooo much time interviewing over a thousand suspects in the crime? Unless you believe that all of these suspects resembled the sketch?

Georger says in part:

Quote:
'And there is no disagreement between all of the
parties as to general height!

So the veracity of the sketches does not rely on
Tina's emotional state alone, if at all.

And on the issue of height, there is no general
disagreement...'

And yet at least some of the evidence says THERE IS dispute. I highly doubt Geoff Gray would tell outright lies regarding what the witnesses told the FBI after the hijacking. He has said publicly he was allowed to read the original reports taken down by the agents who interviewed the witnesses both in Seattle and Reno. And Gray has a different take on it entirely.

I've already mentioned a list of people who, according to Gray, gave widely varying descriptions of the hijacker. For example, Robert Gregory, who saw Cooper several times during the flight and says Cooper was 'no taller than five-nine.' Or the disagreement between Tina and Flo. Tina thought he was about five ten to six feet.

Blevins, go with Tina, she was with the guy for 5 hours. Flo was very shaky, as you pointed out earlier, probably already traumatized by the ordeal. Tina seemed more calm and collected -- I'd go with here assessment. MeyerLouie__________________________________________________

Flo thought taller. And other discrepencies between these witnesses.

In fact, I trust the testimony of the passengers a bit better than I do the stews, because the passengers were under less stress.

Blevins, this statement is a load of crap. You would trust the passengers more? Airline crews have the training and resources to deal with emergencies in flight, it's their job! Some happy-go-lucky passenger who has no motivation or reason to be observing his/her surroundings on a flight , would be more reliable than the stews?? You can't be serious!

They did not know about a bomb and a hijacking, not initially. They were not quietly freaking out wondering whether they were ever going to see their families again.

You keep harping on these points about the sketch being so accurate. (I think it's reasonably close, but not a photograph, as you do) I even gave you the Green River Killer example and you just ignored that. Recall: Sketches hung up everywhere in the SeaTac area, including the Seven Eleven where the killer shopped occasionally, and he was never recognized from it. Also, the Green River Task Force didn't make the connection, even though they interviewed him at the GRTF office where the sketch was hanging on the wall.

Like your psychological Lucy/Peanuts based assessment of Mucklow, over the years you have created a world of pre-conceived notions. And I'm here to tell you that some of them are WRONG.

This is not all your fault. It sometimes happens when you are too close to something for too long, and have too much emotional content invested in that 'something'. So, you've become a bit intractable.

When I suggested that it might be difficult to judge someone's true height inside the confines of an aircraft cabin, you called it 'changing physics'. It was actually common sense. It IS easier to judge someone's height, for example, if you are standing next to them at the bus stop. If it were so easy to judge height under stress, convenience stores would not find it necessary to put those height measuring devices by the entrance doors.Wink

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #38670 of 55489 (35675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MeyerLouie] the Grinch that stole Cooper [In reply to] Can't Post

MeyerLouie: I have opinions on case points, yes. I stick by those opinions unless the facts prove something else. I don't expect everyone to just agree with them wholeheartedly. That would be weird. There are some known parameters here. First, eyewitness descriptions are famous for being infamously unreliable...SOMETIMES. Not all the time. That's why other evidence is usually necessary to prove a case.

Georger says in part:

Quote:
'We are NOT going to remake the world for you.
You need to do a few things for yourself, for a
change!...'

Again...who is WE? Do you speak for others here? If so, tell us who you represent at DZ, then when they make a post, I can just ask YOU about it. Easier for everyone.

Maybe you should just go back to talking about Gayla, making fun of my job, or do the 'failed writer' thing on me.

I just signed a contract with an author in North Seattle today. I will be editing my 50th book with this one. If that's failure, I'll take it.

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #38671 of 55489 (35672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RMBlevins] the Grinch that stole Cooper [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
General note: If the sketches are so accurate as to nearly represent a photo

The only person who has ever said "the sketches are
so accurate as to nearly represent a photo" is YOU@!

Its just one more example of you exaggerating what
people say and putting words in people;'s mouths,
Blevins ....

It's called BUILDING A STRAW MAN.

And the time for anyone to have to defend
themselves over your bullshit - is over.

Nighty night. Dont let your conscience bite. It wont!

georger

Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #38672 of 55489 (35667 views)
Shortcut

I just signed a contract with an author in North Seattle today. I will be editing my 50th book with this one. If that's failure, I'll take it.
Be sure and send Jed, Jethro, Grandma, and Ellie
May their royalties@!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

RobertMBlevins

Dec 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #38673 of 55489 (35660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] the Grinch that stole Cooper [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Be sure and send Jed, Jethro, Grandma, and Ellie
May their royalties@!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!
Right.

You still didn't answer my question. Who is this 'WE' you claim to speak for at Dropzone? Seemed like a legit question, since you keep referring to this.

RobertMBlevins

Dec 6, 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #38674 of 55489 (35650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] JO'S CLAIMS IN POST 38642 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Because Duane knew the man and did not want him to see him.
Whoever this man is - is the link to the past of Weber...whatever that is.

We went to the Visitors Center and he found his name on the roster and went down the hall.
He came back and said the man was just leaving. He quickly took me to the site this man had to pass to get to his car. He did NOT want the man to see him, but told me where he would becoming from and that he would have a briefcase - the man had to go this way to get to his car.

Duane left - I was never sure where he went to...but he disappeared quickly.

After the film was developed and I was putting the picks in the album he asked me where the negatives were. I told him in the safe as I always did (my family lost a lot of photo due to a fire so I was fire cautious.).

Then after we moved to Fl in 1988 I was redoing the albums and again Duane asked about the prints. I searched 50 yrs of negatives. The ONLY missing are the negatives of the pictures I made of this man. He could NOT take the ones out of the album without arousing my curiosity.

Whoever this man is - he is connected to Duane's past and the pictures he needed for a purpose - I want to know what Duane's history with this man was and who he was.

Important point: "We went to the Visitors Center and he found his name on the roster and went down the hall..."

Okay, there is a reference. I would print up the picture, leave room on this print for notes that say the approximate date, and mail it to the Visitors' Center. 'Do You Know This Man?' etc. If you could include a month, along with the year, this might help.

airtwardo  (D License)

Dec 6, 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #38675 of 55489 (35648 views)
Shortcut

Laugh
Attachments: WE.jpg (31.0 KB)

First page Previous page 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 ... 2220 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)