Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
recommendation for film negative scanner?

chuteshack

Dec 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #1 of 5 (663 views)
Shortcut
recommendation for film negative scanner? Can't Post

can any one recommend a reasonably priced scanner for film negatives? i have a bunch of old skydiving stuff i wanna digitize. thanks

velocityphoto  (D 18988)

Dec 2, 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #2 of 5 (626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuteshack] recommendation for film negative scanner? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have an epson scanner for you but i have to wait till next week to send it to you. It scans film or slides as well as its a flat bed. $50.00 plus shipping

skyjumpenfool  (Student)

Dec 4, 2012, 8:42 AM
Post #3 of 5 (564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuteshack] recommendation for film negative scanner? [In reply to] Can't Post

Find an old HP 5370C scanner with an "Active Matrix" adapter. They are absolutely wonderfull converting negatives to Digital. The adapter shines light thru the negative and the scanner is adjusted to scan that light. You can scan severl negatives at a time (strips) or one at a time. I don't have an example to show you, but the quality of the scan is really good. Cool

skyjumpenfool  (Student)

Dec 4, 2012, 8:46 AM
Post #4 of 5 (561 views)
Shortcut

This one (see attached). Shown with the active matrix adapter.
Attachments: HP5370C.jpg (11.6 KB)

velocityphoto  (D 18988)

Dec 5, 2012, 8:30 PM
Post #5 of 5 (505 views)
Shortcut

I forgot to mention what scanner i have, its an epson 2450 flatbed and has all the stuff to do negatives and slides as well. http://www.virtualtraveller.org/epson2450.htm

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)