Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Line twists video

Quagmirian  (A 110392)

Nov 27, 2012, 1:59 PM
Post #1 of 4 (780 views)
Shortcut
Line twists video Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/...sfboG5LIGs&t=32s

Ignoring the line twists, anybody notice something else wrong with the canopy in this video?

Apologies if it's been posted before.

skydiverek  (C 952)

Nov 27, 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #2 of 4 (767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Quagmirian] Line twists video [In reply to] Can't Post

Flip thru the risers.

rhopstr  (A 711219)

Nov 28, 2012, 4:35 AM
Post #3 of 4 (544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverek] Line twists video [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the SOP with regards to a flip through the risers as shown in that video? Haven't thought about this 'malfunction' yet.

If that would have happend to me I think I'd haved checked a.s.a.p. if the canopy would turn and flare like it should and would then have kept it if I were above my hard ceiling (2000 ft). Would have chopped though if I couldn't perform said checks if I were between 2000ft and 1000ft.

davelepka  (D 21448)

Nov 28, 2012, 4:58 AM
Post #4 of 4 (531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rhopstr] Line twists video [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
If that would have happend to me I think I'd haved checked a.s.a.p. if the canopy would turn and flare like it should and would then have kept it if I were above my hard ceiling (2000 ft). Would have chopped though if I couldn't perform said checks if I were between 2000ft and 1000ft.

That's about right. A flip through is generally not cause for a cutaway, it's just a screaming clear sign that you, or your packer, don't do a line check and you're asking for a more serious problem in the near future.

But yeah, just do a control check, and then take it easy for the rest of the canopy ride. Be sure that your control check includes a full, deep, sustained flare, the same way you would do it for your actual landing.

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)