Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Lafayette, Louisiana Skydivers

Premier slotperfect  (D 13014)

Nov 18, 2012, 5:30 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1068 views)
Shortcut
Lafayette, Louisiana Skydivers Can't Post

A young man who learned to skydive at Raeford this year has moved back to Lafayette, LA and is looking for a place to skydive. I am trying to help him out.

Where do you folks from the Lafayette area go to skydive on a regular basis?

ctremie  (B 38308)

Nov 21, 2012, 8:18 AM
Post #2 of 4 (985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] Lafayette, Louisiana Skydivers [In reply to] Can't Post

No place to skydive in Lafayette that I am aware of , I am close to Lake Charles about an hour away,. we go to Skydive Spaceland in Houston, 2.5 hour drive for us, I think there is Skydive Nawlins in Slidell and then north la,

faulk04  (D 32457)

Nov 21, 2012, 9:44 AM
Post #3 of 4 (971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] Lafayette, Louisiana Skydivers [In reply to] Can't Post

Skydive nawlins is mostly a tandem DZ, flying a 182... occasional fun jumps ( I think) out of slidell

I jump in North LA, at skydive louisiana. We fly a caravan on the weekends. Very fun small, laid back dropzone. It would be around a 3 hour drive from laffy, or he can go to spaceland which is a multi turbine DZ

fasted3  (D 30104)

Nov 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #4 of 4 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulk04] Lafayette, Louisiana Skydivers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Skydive nawlins is mostly a tandem DZ, flying a 182... occasional fun jumps ( I think) out of slidell

Yep, I've made a few fun jumps there, and it's a beautiful location with a great view of Lake Ponchatrain, but does cater to tandems. Looks like a long drive to anywhere good. Another great DZ in about the same distance range is Gold Coast, Lumberton, MS. 3 - 3 1/2 hr. drive, open weekends, Otter, super vibe.

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)