Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 ... 2108 Next page Last page  View All

377  (F 666)

Nov 16, 2012, 2:04 PM
Post #37876 of 52693 (19798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] Twinks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fear not Farflung, "street" Twinkies and Ho Ho's will soon be plentiful.

https://www.google.com/...en&client=safari

Twinks and Ho's. Odd choice of names for baked goods.

(This post was edited by 377 on Nov 16, 2012, 2:13 PM)

Farflung

Nov 16, 2012, 2:31 PM
Post #37877 of 52693 (19781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Twinks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured those in the legal profession would raise a glass to the poster boy of ‘Diminished Capacity’, and say farewell to such a widely used, if misunderstood phrase, in the American lexicon.

Ironic in that the guy who was murdered was named Milk, and just days prior to his death, wrote a letter to President Carter, asking for the unjust investigation and harassment, of a fine man and leader be stopped (history does repeat).

That fine man, which Harvey Milk gushed over, was none other than Jim Jones. Looks like Milk may have avoided drinking the Kool-Aid, but was done in by Twinkies.

How’s that for those situations where you need to segue between snack foods and case law?

377  (F 666)

Nov 16, 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #37878 of 52693 (19760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] Twinks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Harvey Milk has become 100% hero since his assasination by Dan White, but I despised him for being a pimp for Jim Jones. I lived in SF at the time. Jones was buying high level support left and right.

Jim Jones was unbelievably pursuasive to his cult members. I knew one of them, Jann Gurvich. Before joining Jones's People's Temple, she worked as a paralegal on a criminal case I tried. She was smart, but always looking for some cause to believe in. She found it with Jim Jones and followed his group in their exodus to Guyana.

Her father Louis, a prominent New Orleans lawyer, was trying to put together a band of mercenaries to go to Guyana, raid Jonestown and take back his child. He was too late.

Jann drank the Kool Aid in Jonestown and died. It's a very tragic story.

http://news.google.com/...&pg=4217,9276672

RobertMBlevins

Nov 16, 2012, 4:22 PM
Post #37879 of 52693 (19735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] all caps [In reply to] Can't Post

Farflung and Georger:

Not ONE of the books about Cooper has been 100% true. You two pick on EVERYTHING, and you cherry-pick a lot.

You will never get to the answers on the Cooper case by doing that. One bad habit both of you engage in is rabid mad-dog attacks on any point where someone made a mistake...even if there is a great deal of truth in the remainder of the material.

If there was an easy way to the solution, it would have been discovered by now.

Farflung especially...brings up dead points that were either corrected or explained long ago. You are beginning to sound like a broken record, and I am tired of giving you the same answers. Many of your cherry-picked points have ZIP to do with the case. Such as whether Margie Geestman drove four horses in a parade, or whether Cooper and Scott spoke.

I notice both of you like to step around the testimony of the witnesses, though. As if it doesn't exist, or as if everyone just lied. Some of you are angry because you blame ME for Marla Cooper not posting here. What a joke! I've already caught her in a big fat lie, and all I did was strip the covers from her real motivations, which was not to provide the solution, but to benefit herself.

You pick on me for a mistaken reference on Scott...and then say nothing when Marla gives you two different dropzone locations.

Jump on me for some Ititerod reference that means nothing, and ignore her lies on the Cooper comic. You jump all over Tom Kaye without contacting him and asking for a response. You pick on every writer who has attempted to make a contribution to solving the case, or even has a gathering about it. It's downright PATHETIC.

How about instead of cutesy Photoshop collages, some real presentations?

How about keeping personalities and hatred out of it?

Wait...those approaches are counterproductive, aren't they? You guys have a smart-ass response to everything.

I've changed my schedule for next year. I'm going to contribute several items for loan to the Cooper display at the museum...and then I'm going to do a presentation showing exactly WHY Kenneth Peter Christiansen, whether you like it or not, is the best all-around suspect in the case.

I told Geoff Gray this not long ago:

Quote:
'If the Seattle FBI puts Bernie Geestman in one room, and Margaret Geestman, Bernie's sister Dawn. Helen Jones, and Jones' daughter in the other...that they will get to the bottom of the story regarding Christiansen in a quick-fast, New York-style hurry...'

Farflung

Nov 16, 2012, 4:22 PM
Post #37880 of 52693 (19733 views)
Shortcut
DB Cooper’s Niece Identified [In reply to] Can't Post

Here’s the latest news from an extremely reliable source, which is very reliable, because I just repeated how extremely reliable they are. It is from the Hollywood Theatre, and it is well known that the Hollywood Theatre does not hire any dummies. Nope, they sure don’t and I add that, because more words create way more truthier things.

http://prod3.agileticketing.net/...ac-2b415fbbae48&

At the bottom of the announcement, which is a place of prominence, and therefore adds legitimacy to what is being published- you can ask questions and get answers from DB Cooper’s niece- Marla Cooper.

Perhaps if you are polite and show some manners, you can take her picture and get an autograph on a twenty dollar bill. That would round out the evening perfectly, after watching the award winning, best selling, and celebrated, documentary on DB Cooper. It’s nice to see there is some Cooper royalty showing up at this event and that it isn’t the usual self proclaimed experts, who spend the balance of the year marinating in girl repellant, from the girl repellant store.

I wonder what time Marla will take questions? Could it be 2:38? Is there room around 238? Like 236 or 240 might work. Will she sponsor a charity lingerie show or complimentary oyster bar? There could be a nominal charge for the oysters, like $2.38, if Marla wants to consider that. I would try and sneak some oysters, but would…. Marla call me…. on that? Since my research is so sensitive and confidential, I may have to talk to Marla privately ..--- in order …-- to insure ---.. she gets, my message .-.-.
Attachments: DBs Niece.jpg (208 KB)

smokin99

Nov 16, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #37881 of 52693 (19733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] DB Cooper’s Niece Identified [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
In reply to:
Here’s the latest news from an extremely reliable source, which is very reliable, because I just repeated how extremely reliable they are. It is from the Hollywood Theatre, and it is well known that the Hollywood Theatre does not hire any dummies. Nope, they sure don’t and I add that, because more words create way more truthier things.

http://prod3.agileticketing.net/...ac-2b415fbbae48&

At the bottom of the announcement, which is a place of prominence, and therefore adds legitimacy to what is being published- you can ask questions and get answers from DB Cooper’s niece- Marla Cooper.

Perhaps if you are polite and show some manners, you can take her picture and get an autograph on a twenty dollar bill. That would round out the evening perfectly, after watching the award winning, best selling, and celebrated, documentary on DB Cooper. It’s nice to see there is some Cooper royalty showing up at this event and that it isn’t the usual self proclaimed experts, who spend the balance of the year marinating in girl repellant, from the girl repellant store.

I wonder what time Marla will take questions? Could it be 2:38? Is there room around 238? Like 236 or 240 might work. Will she sponsor a charity lingerie show or complimentary oyster bar? There could be a nominal charge for the oysters, like $2.38, if Marla wants to consider that. I would try and sneak some oysters, but would…. Marla call me…. on that? Since my research is so sensitive and confidential, I may have to talk to Marla privately ..--- in order …-- to insure ---.. she gets, my message .-.-.

lol....all I can say is .....and I sincerely hope it works out for you.......GET A ROOM!

Cmon Marla, call him!

But you know I love you Farf so remember........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
LaughSmile

georger

Nov 16, 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #37882 of 52693 (19730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] all caps [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Farflung and Georger:

Not ONE of the books about Cooper has been 100% true. You two pick on EVERYTHING, and you cherry-pick a lot.

You will never get to the answers on the Cooper case by doing that. One bad habit both of you engage in is rabid mad-dog attacks on any point where someone made a mistake...even if there is a great deal of truth in the remainder of the material.

If there was an easy way to the solution, it would have been discovered by now.

Farflung especially...brings up dead points that were either corrected or explained long ago. You are beginning to sound like a broken record, and I am tired of giving you the same answers. Many of your cherry-picked points have ZIP to do with the case. Such as whether Margie Geestman drove four horses in a parade, or whether Cooper and Scott spoke.

I notice both of you like to step around the testimony of the witnesses, though.

Well how DARE YOU! challenge my brilliance, daring-
do, hi character, extreme integrity credibility, and
some such like manifestations of nobility and
charisma!

Keep in mind small son, I was born and raised in
the great State of Washington, in and near the
bailout zone of DB Cooper, which is one helluva a lot
more than you can claim ... and how do I know?

Because YOU SAID SO!

So blame yourself; for a change.

Im about to go out for a chicken dinner, which is a
helluva lot more than I can say for you sitting there
in your speedos, shower cap, and no shoes on..
waiting for hot water to boil on your stove!

quote: "Ninny Nanny Noo-noo"

Marilyn Monroe.

(This post was edited by georger on Nov 16, 2012, 9:36 PM)

Farflung

Nov 16, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #37883 of 52693 (19711 views)
Shortcut
It’s All An Illusion Smokin99! The TRUTH Exposed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps ‘Marla’ will show up at the ‘theatre’ tomorrow……. Or will she? That’s right, as usual I’ve taken it upon myself to right the wrongs or this planet, by offering myself to ‘Marla’, as a way to verify if she even exists! You got it. Who was willing to potentially degrade and debase himself in ways which others can barely imagine? Me. Because I care too much. So ask yourself this; Why has Farflung been so fixated upon Marla? Watch the video and I warn you, be prepared to say – You were right again Farf.

From (8:46 to 9:33) Marla is stripped bare and exposed as: Rachel Zoe! As in Zoe my gaaaaaawd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yPyrC9KxA

It ‘s her because we know the ‘show is fake and scripted’ because he said it’s fake and scripted.

But it gets even stranger when he uses actual facial recognition software, not fake, brag, software that never existed because it’s fake, but real facial recognition software which reveal staggering ramifications about Marla (Rachel Zoe) Cooper (12:09 -13:05). I know, shocking in how this LIVING person used real software, instead of making it up, because he doesn’t have to, because he didn’t want to lie.

Now admit how many of you actually thought that Marla Cooper wasn’t an actress, which is why several were suckered into launching personal attacks, on someone that is all made up. Feel kinda dumb or dumber now?

Well if Marla is real, then she will respond to my scientific and honest verification process, which will be held in room 238, or the bar with a light snack. Or maybe Marla doesn’t care about freedom, puppies or unicorn tears. For all the doubters, you’re welcome. Farf out.

BruceSmith

Nov 16, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #37884 of 52693 (19704 views)
Shortcut
New evidence about money find at Tina's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings everyone,

Galen Cook annnounced this week that he has spoken with two men who claimed to have discovered money shards at Tina's Bar prior to Brian Ingram's find in Feb 1980. The details are up at the Mountain News.

http://themountainnewswa.net/...n-sleuths/#more-6158

(This post was edited by BruceSmith on Nov 16, 2012, 6:38 PM)

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Nov 16, 2012, 6:51 PM
Post #37885 of 52693 (19692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Twinks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Foster city from '75 to '86. Folks are still there.Unsure

I remember hearing the shooting on KFRC.
Then I remember having to listen to Diane Feinstein, as she used it as her soap box cause, and still don't like listening to her.

Matt

MeyerLouie

Nov 16, 2012, 7:30 PM
Post #37886 of 52693 (19675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] all caps [In reply to] Can't Post

BLEVINS, THE RESPONSES TO MY RESPONSES THIS TIME ARE IN ITALICIZED CAPS. MeyerLouie
-----------------------------------------------------------

In reply to:
MeyerLouie says in part: (I will do some responses)

But first: Andrew Luck? Okay, he's good. But if you are talking about the current crop of rookie NFL QB's...how about Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks? We're 6-4, while Redskins' highly touted RG3 is running 3-6. Not only that, but Wilson is #2 rated rookie QB...with RG3 in first place.
Yeah, baby. Cool

------------------------------------------------------------
BLEVINS, NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK.
MeyerLouie

Meyer says:

Quote:
'BLEVINS, THE ONLY REASON I USE ALL CAPS IS SO YOU CAN EASILY SEE THAT YOU ARE GETTING A RESPONSE TO YOUR POST. CONSIDER IT MY 'TRADEMARK' IF YOU WILL. CAPS DO NOT EQUAL ANGER...'

From Netiquette.com:

'Do not use all caps on the internet because it is shouting. All caps is considered shouting on the internet. Shouting is not polite. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps on the internet because shouting is not polite. It is a common technique used by HUSTLERS to get attention...'
WELL, I'M NOT YELLING, OKAY? I USE BIGGER LETTERS TO HELP FOLKS LIKE YOU SEE BETTER.
MeyerLouie

Quote:
'YES, THE STORY IS PRETTY GOOD STORY, BUT THIS FORUM IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO BE POSTING IT. PEDDLE YOUR WARES ELSEWHERE...'

What story? What 'wares'? There's no title, nothing on our website, you can't buy it. Might as well be a shopping list. One time I tried to make Blast free for a weekend and people here bitched, so I took down the post right away. And I don't do direct links to the book from Dropzone. (Figure everyone here's seen it anyway) Besides, it's not like people around here haven't posted up non-Cooper stuff before. You know, like when they talk about their fave quarterback? Crazy
AS USUAL BLEVINS, YOU RATIONALIZE EVERYTHING AWAY WITH ALL YOUR HAPPY HORSE SHIT. JO ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT ANDREW LUCK, I JUST ANSWERED BACK. THERE ARE SOME FOLKS HERE ON THE FORUM WHO DESERVE SOME RESPECT, AND SHE'S DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM. MeyerLouie

Quote:
'BLEVINS, YOU'RE SO OFF-THE-WALL WITH SO MANY THINGS YOU SAY HERE -- SOMETIMES INAPPROPRIATE, ASSININE, RIDICULOUS -- SOMETIMES SPONTANEOUS RESPONSES THAT MAKE NO SENSE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN THE TIME TO THINK THINGS THROUGH BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH...'

Umm. Maybe sometimes. I'd say most of my posts are pretty sensible, or relate to the case. Some don't. Some have been very serious, especially when I was checking out the Ariel (Correction: AMBOY) chute story. I'm still not totally convinced the FBI was completely forthcoming on it. I think it should be examined by outside experts who will make their findings public.
I REST MY CASE........ MeyerLouie

Quote:
'I'M PISSED THAT YOU DON'T MAKE IT TO ANY SYMPOSIUMS? YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT? ACTUALLY, YOU USE THIS FORUM TO SHIELD YOURSELF, I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO SHOW YOUR FACE -- EVER, BECAUSE THEN YOU'D REALLY HAVE TO DEFEND YOUR OUTLANDISH POSITIONS. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...'

There's only been one symposium so far. I've been to Ariel, talked to 377 and his very nice wife, interviewed Dona Elliot, spoke with Brian Ingram. Did an article about it for Newsvine. Mostly I stayed low profile and 99% of the people there didn't know who I was and that was fine with me. I thought the best part was the lookalike contest. If people asked questions, I try to give them reasonable answers. Did four slideshows over a weekend at the Auburn Ave Theatre and answered so many questions my voice was gone at the end of it. I'm a pretty laid-back guy, generally.
----------------------------------------------------------
BLEVINS......................NEVER MIND!

Just can't do Ariel this year. Next year, yes. Symposium in Tacoma, yes. I'm going to ask the museum if they'd like to use the countertop piece found in KC's house, and a few other items, as long as they return them after the display is closed.
THANKS FOR THAT VITAL PIECE OF INFORMATION, BLEVINS. THAT LAST SENTENCE MIGHT FALL UNDER THE CATEGORY "TOO MUCH INFORMATION". MeyerLouie

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Nov 16, 2012, 8:52 PM
Post #37887 of 52693 (19639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MeyerLouie] all caps [In reply to] Can't Post

ML, come on, there is a protocal, stop being so obtuse.

Caps lock is for yelling, period.

Matt

georger

Nov 16, 2012, 9:19 PM
Post #37888 of 52693 (19628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BruceSmith] New evidence about money find at Tina's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Greetings everyone,

Galen Cook annnounced this week that he has spoken with two men who claimed to have discovered money shards at Tina's Bar prior to Brian Ingram's find in Feb 1980. The details are up at the Mountain News.

Nice work Galen and Bruce. Glad its out.

(This post was edited by georger on Nov 16, 2012, 9:26 PM)

RobertMBlevins

Nov 16, 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #37889 of 52693 (19610 views)
Shortcut
New evidence (see: 'whopper') about money find at Tena Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

Georger says in part:

Quote:
'Keep in mind small son, I was born and raised in the great State of Washington, in and near the bailout zone of DB Cooper, which is one helluva a lot more than you can claim ... and how do I know?

Because YOU SAID SO!...'

No. Because Geoff Gray says so. Instead of complaining to me, you should be taking this up with the source (Gray) if it isn't true. Just wondering why I have to quote him again, from (Deja Vu Time) page 171:

Quote:
'One is Georger, a retired lab whiz and entrepreneur named (withheld). He grew up in the Cooper search area and remembers talking about the Cooper case every Thanksgiving dinner...'

I notice on a following page that Gray also quotes you as saying you believe that Flight 305 went west off the flight path and close to Tena Bar? I didn't realize you were a fan of the 'flight path is wrong' theory. And did you REALLY interview 'scores of former FBI agents and air traffic officials?' (Page 258) Scores? That's a lot of interviews. You are to be commended for that effort. Did you keep notes?

On the Bruce Smith story: Read it. The fishermen (they were boys at the time) didn't keep any of the shards, said they were only corner pieces, and told no one about it, even though the finding of the Tena Bar money just weeks later went national news.

Now Galen Cook finds these guys four decades after the hijacking? No shards. Never came forward until now? Fishermen, always got a whopper of a story, LOL. Without proof, it goes into the Cooper Fable Vault.

Pretty thin, in any case. Let's face it, anyone could say today that they found a few shards before Brian Ingram did. The location of the find has been famous for more than thirty years. Crazy

This is no reflection on Bruce Smith. It's his job to report these things. It's not like he made up this piece of hogwash. That was done by others. I'll keep subscribing to the Mountain News.

Robert said:

'There's only been one symposium so far. I've been to Ariel, talked to 377 and his very nice wife, interviewed Dona Elliot, spoke with Brian Ingram. Did an article about it for Newsvine. Mostly I stayed low profile and 99% of the people there didn't know who I was and that was fine with me. I thought the best part was the lookalike contest. If people asked questions, I try to give them reasonable answers. Did four slideshows over a weekend at the Auburn Ave Theatre and answered so many questions my voice was gone at the end of it. I'm a pretty laid-back guy, generally...'
MeyerLouie: BLEVINS......................NEVER MIND!

Too late. Maybe you should have just linked THIS. I liked Gilda Radner.

Robert: 'Just can't do Ariel this year. Next year, yes. Symposium in Tacoma, yes. I'm going to ask the museum if they'd like to use the countertop piece found in KC's house, and a few other items, as long as they return them after the display is closed...'

THANKS FOR THAT VITAL PIECE OF INFORMATION, BLEVINS. THAT LAST SENTENCE MIGHT FALL UNDER THE CATEGORY "TOO MUCH INFORMATION". MeyerLouie

Robert says: Actually, the exhibit folks thought it was just enough information for them. Their response was positive. I'm tossing in some blow-ups of certain photographs and documents, with side captions showing their significance, and some other stuff.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Nov 16, 2012, 11:28 PM)

Robert99

Nov 16, 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #37890 of 52693 (19581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] New evidence about money find at Tina's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I notice on a following page that Gray also quotes you as saying you believe that Flight 305 went west off the flight path and close to Tena Bar? I didn't realize you were a fan of the 'flight path is wrong' theory.

And did you REALLY interview 'scores of former FBI agents and air traffic officials?' (Page 258) Scores? That's a lot of interviews. You are to be commended for that effort.

Blevins, Despite your gracious words, I suspect that you don't believe that Georger has done any research or interviews on the Cooper matter.

Have you (Blevins) done any Cooper research that involved the physical sciences? Have you actually talked to the air traffic controllers involved in the hijacked flight?

And whatever happened to the interview that you were going to do with Rataczak?

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Nov 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #37891 of 52693 (19576 views)
Shortcut
Re: New evidence (see: 'Whopper') on Tena Bar money find [In reply to] Can't Post

Robert99 says in part:

Quote:
'Blevins, Despite your gracious words, I suspect that you don't believe that Georger has done any research or interviews on the Cooper matter...'
I'm sure he has. There's nothing wrong with asking whether someone was misquoted. He's mentioned and discussed quite a bit in Skyjack. He even has two cross-referenced name entries in the Index. One under his real name, the other under his DZ screen name.

On your other questions, no...but then I never claimed to be a scientist. And I decided another interview with Rataczak would be better done by someone with more familiarity on the case history. Anyone can interview him. Believe it or not, he's in the phone book. I leave this to someone else. Maybe Georger should do this. I've done a lot of interviews over the years, but I have to admit I think he has me beat.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Nov 16, 2012, 11:25 PM)

skyjack71

Nov 17, 2012, 1:48 AM
Post #37892 of 52693 (19542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] A HEART WARMING STORY? [In reply to] Can't Post

It was in Colorado Duane found she had been using pot and this little sencario was his way of putting an end to it. When he was in the hospital dying and she was several months pregnant she was there to say I love you. Whish my dad had been more like that.

Hard to say
to say Good by.

Regardless of how many bad memories we may have of him - the took care of both of us and made sure we needed for nothing. He got to be a real family man for the first time in his life and he was proud of it. and that he was able to geniuely assist a neighbor with out been afraid some one might figure out who he was.

377  (F 666)

Nov 17, 2012, 6:49 AM
Post #37893 of 52693 (19522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] A HEART WARMING STORY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
It was in Colorado Duane found she had been using pot and this little sencario was his way of putting an end to it

The Duane Weber Drug Rehab Method: here child, lets smoke some dope together. Odd...

I am truly glad he took care of you and loved you Jo. That way you have some good memories to neutralize the bad ones left by a sociopathic liar, con man and thief.

I've been thinking about Duane's arrest record. I defended accused criminals for years. Junkies get arrested all the time because they steal and when they are high their judgement is shot. They are easy pickings for cops. Even the junkies didn't have 26 arrests. I was trying to recall the highest number of arrests any of my clients had and I can't recall any higher than 14.

26 arrests... Was there something in jail that Duane craved?

(This post was edited by 377 on Nov 17, 2012, 6:53 AM)

377  (F 666)

Nov 17, 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #37894 of 52693 (19514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BruceSmith] New evidence about money find at Tina's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Greetings everyone,

It's a very intriguing story but I sure have a hard time believing that it wouldn't have been told to the FBI right after the Ingram find at Tena Bar. I mean it was front page national news. No way the boys or those who heard their story could have missed the Tena Bar story. So why would they keep their own earlier find a secret? People who have arrest warrants outstanding steer clear of cops but there is no indication that the kids had warrants.

Glad to see Galen is still in the hunt. He is not quitting the addiction. Good. Hope he pursues this alleged money find further. Can he get a plausible reason why the find was not reported to the FBI?

Pat71

Nov 17, 2012, 7:21 AM
Post #37895 of 52693 (19508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] New evidence about money find at Tina's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

D B Cooper was Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite. He was a paratrooper. He spoke French. He was a native of Oregon and is buried in Portland. He was an avid photographer and used a camera with a titanium shutter that would leave shard traces of titanium on the clip on tie he wore. There are pictures at his daughters web site of him wearing that tie. DB Cooper has never been identified because he lived after the crime.

Farflung

Nov 17, 2012, 8:53 AM
Post #37896 of 52693 (19491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] New evidence (see: 'whopper') about money find at Tena Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins states from the comfort of his parallel universe:

No shards. Never came forward until now? Fishermen, always got a whopper of a story, LOL. Without proof, it goes into the Cooper Fable Vault.”

Damn right sheriff! NO PROOF it is pure fable and fiction. Nothing more, you are a man of conviction.

RobertMBlevins reinforces his point with:

Let's face it, anyone could say today that they found a few shards…”

That’s for sure, ANYONE could say that. Just like anyone could say they were the first to drive four Clydesdales abreast, and without confirmation, only the most gullible and least intelligent would ever believe such a preposterous statement. Without proof, Dan Cooper comics would be in the ‘dayroom in Shemya in 1951’. Such detail to include the ‘dayroom’ because when something is pure bullshit, you might as well toss away the dignity, and make up a whole story around a pile of fiction. LOL is right RobertMBlevins, you can only laugh and ridicule such dense and unaware conduct. Even more humorous when the exact same thing has been committed by the person throwing stones.

Try and follow this whopper.

Someone decided the Cooper lore vault needed some more compost, so they fabricated a magical pile of tree stumps, which contained a bag of twenties, found by a couple kids! Can you believe that someone was so lacking in self respect, that they repeated that one?

Evidence you ask? NONE. Not one bill, shard, fragment, photo, police report, news article, names of the kids, names of their parents, nada, nuthin, zip. Not one piece of verification. But there was a single person who told the story. Yep, and the reason it’s true is because she lives in Boulder, Colorado (I still have no clue what that’s supposed to mean, but is has been repeated 29 times) and is married to a cop (I still have no clue what that’s supposed to mean, repeated 29 times also). That’s supposed to be evidence, oh my god, talk about LOL. But it gets better, well better if you have a sense of irony, but not much better if you believe these things or are the source, then it’s worse, you will probably deny and deflect any association. So I guess I was premature in assuming that it gets better, it gets more weirder, would have been more accurate.

So this shop owner, who never saw the ‘stump money’, wasn’t a witness to the find, didn’t own the property, wasn’t associated with the area at that time, BUT (and this is a huge BUT) had never met the woman from Boulder, Colorado…. AND told the same story! There’s your venom-proof, proof right there!

Yep, some shop owner repeats some lore, and rather than being identified as blatant hearsay, it metastasizes into being proof that the bag of twenties, found in the magical stump forest, actually happened.

LOL indeed.

skyjack71

Nov 17, 2012, 9:15 AM
Post #37897 of 52693 (19484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] A HEART WARMING STORY? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:
It was in Colorado Duane found she had been using pot and this little sencario was his way of putting an end to it

The Duane Weber Drug Rehab Method: here child, lets smoke some dope together. Odd...

I am truly glad he took care of you and loved you Jo. That way you have some good memories to neutralize the bad ones left by a sociopathic liar, con man and thief.

I've been thinking about Duane's arrest record. I defended accused criminals for years. Junkies get arrested all the time because they steal and when they are high their judgement is shot. They are easy pickings for cops. Even the junkies didn't have 26 arrests. I was trying to recall the highest number of arrests any of my clients had and I can't recall any higher than 14.

26 arrests... Was there something in jail that Duane craved?

As of recent your posts regarding me are SICK!

If other parents handled the pot situation the way Duane did - there would be far fewer 50 yr olds out there hooked on the stuff and worse! Unless you have done a successful parenting job yourself - DON'T MAKE negative remarks about HOW other's handled such events in the 70's.

26 arrests? I don't know where you got that information from - but, I have NOT been provided with such information from the FBI or legal sources.

DO NOT in any way suggest Weber had a drug problem OR you will find YOURSELF in court.
Never sully Duane's name with drugs. THAT is something he DID NOT DO. He tried pot and even used it for a short time and even I tried it one time - one time was all it took for me.

NEVER insenutate someone is a drug user unless you have proof otherwise. The young man who told Duane that his "step-daughter" was doing some bad things was only looking out for her best interest. (TODAY IT WOULD BE ADMIRABLE FOR FRIENDS OF DRUG USERS TO CONTACT THE PARENTS).

I never knew how Duane obtained those nickel bags - PERHAPS - he asked the young man how she was getting the pot or who was providing the pot....maybe he went to the source. Knowing Duane that is exactly what he did.

If I had ever known this would become an issue with you of all people I would never have mentioned it.

GO TO HELL! Beginning to think you are connected to the PAST or have knowledge of the PAST - after all you do live in CA - right there where his parents lived and his brother lived and where there was a woman who claimed she was pregnant with Duane's child.

Your Remark! "Was there something in jail Duane craved."
THAT was uncalled for and unethical - and you know it.

No Duane was not bisexual if that is what you are "hinting"
at. I was not born yesterday.
IN FACT - I have a story to tell you, but NOT on the thread.

Duane went into the system as a young man....I even suggested a couple of yrs back he may have been "raped" and then provided shelter as he aged for other young prisoners. Duane was Tall and he could look very very ominous and mean. There were 2 guys I met from Duane's past but, the vibration from the individuals was of admiration and gratitude. One thanked him for all he did for him and I did not understand what that was all about.

I did not suspect a prison factor as I knew nothing about Duane having been in prison until 1990 and then only learned about a few months in Jefferson and as John Collins. I would not know about the other prisons until yrs after I contacted the FBI. Remember they DENIED Duane was in certain "prisons".
They chose the wrong prisons to base this claim upon - because they had no idea what the hell I knew and/or had found about Duane's past...I didn't find this stuff (a brilliant young man who came to my aid found the 'stuff' BEFORE it disappeared from the criminal files and the prison files). FBI needs to EXPLAIN this to the public!

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Nov 17, 2012, 9:26 AM)

377  (F 666)

Nov 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #37898 of 52693 (19474 views)
Shortcut

Jo,

Nothing in my post says Duane was a drug addict, and by the way pot is not addictive in the way that opiates are.

Believe it or not some cons prefer prison to outside and do stupid things to get back in. I was suggesting that Duane might have been one of those people.

Prison is the VERY LAST place a drug addict wants to go. Sure, drugs are available but quantities are very limited, prices are extremely high, and they can test you anytime they wish.

So calm down. I make you sick? OK, so be it. Live in your persistent delusion that Duane, the lying thieving sociopath, was a decent person, fine parent, a positive contributor to society... And that he successfully executed on of the most daring and innovative crimes of the 20th century.

If Duane Weber turns out to be DB Cooper I will shoot clean and cook a real crow. They abound in my neighborhood and a pellet gun is pretty quiet. I will then eat it. For real.

And if you think it is good parenting to offer illegal drugs to your kids you are so out of it that I don't know how to respond effectively.

377  (F 666)

Nov 17, 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #37899 of 52693 (19463 views)
Shortcut

Jo wrote
Quote:
DO NOT in any way suggest Weber had a drug problem OR you will find YOURSELF in court.

So sue me Jo. Lets say you could prove that I damaged Duane's reputation with a defamatory statement. The burden of proof for damages is on the plaintiff. Good luck on that one Jo.

Do you think you could convince a jury that his reputation was worth fifty cents? If you could you have missed your calling as a trial lawyer. Damaging Duane's reputation is legally similar to running into a parked derelict stripped out vandalized wreck of a car. Sure, the owner could sue you but the damages would be "de minimus" as the law books say.

You rant more about lawsuits than anyone on the forum. You'd better have a big stack of DBC twenties if you think you can finance litigation. Lawyers will strip your purse faster than Duane ever did with any of his victims.

I like you Jo but I do not think Duane was a good guy. I worked with over 100 "Duanes". Most of them had a "Jo" who swore that their mate was different from all the other crooks.

You see Duane as a basically benevolent person and at times even a hero. I don't share your opinion of his character or his abilities.

(This post was edited by 377 on Nov 17, 2012, 11:35 AM)

RobertMBlevins

Nov 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #37900 of 52693 (19459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] New evidence (see: 'whopper') about money find at Tena Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
RobertMBlevins states from the comfort of his parallel universe:

No shards. Never came forward until now? Fishermen, always got a whopper of a story, LOL. Without proof, it goes into the Cooper Fable Vault.”

Damn right sheriff! NO PROOF it is pure fable and fiction. Nothing more, you are a man of conviction.

RobertMBlevins reinforces his point with:

Let's face it, anyone could say today that they found a few shards…”

That’s for sure, ANYONE could say that. Just like anyone could say they were the first to drive four Clydesdales abreast, and without confirmation, only the most gullible and least intelligent would ever believe such a preposterous statement. Without proof, Dan Cooper comics would be in the ‘dayroom in Shemya in 1951’. Such detail to include the ‘dayroom’ because when something is pure bullshit, you might as well toss away the dignity, and make up a whole story around a pile of fiction. LOL is right RobertMBlevins, you can only laugh and ridicule such dense and unaware conduct. Even more humorous when the exact same thing has been committed by the person throwing stones.

Try and follow this whopper.

Someone decided the Cooper lore vault needed some more compost, so they fabricated a magical pile of tree stumps, which contained a bag of twenties, found by a couple kids! Can you believe that someone was so lacking in self respect, that they repeated that one?

Evidence you ask? NONE. Not one bill, shard, fragment, photo, police report, news article, names of the kids, names of their parents, nada, nuthin, zip. Not one piece of verification. But there was a single person who told the story. Yep, and the reason it’s true is because she lives in Boulder, Colorado (I still have no clue what that’s supposed to mean, but is has been repeated 29 times) and is married to a cop (I still have no clue what that’s supposed to mean, repeated 29 times also). That’s supposed to be evidence, oh my god, talk about LOL. But it gets better, well better if you have a sense of irony, but not much better if you believe these things or are the source, then it’s worse, you will probably deny and deflect any association. So I guess I was premature in assuming that it gets better, it gets more weirder, would have been more accurate.

So this shop owner, who never saw the ‘stump money’, wasn’t a witness to the find, didn’t own the property, wasn’t associated with the area at that time, BUT (and this is a huge BUT) had never met the woman from Boulder, Colorado…. AND told the same story! There’s your venom-proof, proof right there!

Yep, some shop owner repeats some lore, and rather than being identified as blatant hearsay, it metastasizes into being proof that the bag of twenties, found in the magical stump forest, actually happened.

LOL indeed.

Robert replies: Well, I'm glad that you agree that the shards on the river story is lacking.

I can also see that I'm somewhat more skilled than you at the interview process. In the case of Carolyn Tyner and Dan Rattenbury and the alleged money found out back of KC's house...there are a couple of differences.

First, I do try not to 'lead' witnesses. For example, when I interviewed Tyner, I didn't ask her: 'Was money in a plastic bag found out back of KC's house in a pile of stumps by a young boy, like Dan Rattenbury claims?' That falls under the Stupid Interviewing Technique program.

I just asked if she ever found any money after KC died. It was Tyner who filled in the details, and those details happened to match exactly with what Rattenbury claimed. The reason it's important that these two didn't know each other now becomes obvious.

Carolyn and her ex did not have a good relationship. He was emotionally abusive to her, she says. She met Robin Powell (see picture) while Robin was living in the house with KC and Brian McWilliams. She later moved into the house, and then married Robin.

She was pretty young at the time, and I got the idea she was mostly kept around for cooking and cleaning and doing the wifey stuff. She also says that after KC died, Robin spent time searching through KC's belongings. This was confirmed by Lyle Christiansen, who noticed all of KC's stuff had been rummaged through when he flew out from Minnesota. Luckily, all the REAL valuables were at the West One Bank in Sumner.

Sometimes, you have to look at the supporting evidence that might lend some credibility to a story. For example, we know that Carolyn was telling the truth when she said KC left them the house, but that the lot out back was left to McWilliams. And we know that Carolyn and Robin Powell sold the house not long after probate cleared, moved to Nevada, and never returned to Washington State. Rattenbury was still years away from owning that house. But when he bought it, he got this story from the previous owner. And that story had NOT been linked to Cooper because Christiansen didn't become a suspect until 2007. This means no one involved in this story had any motivation to make it up to somehow spice up the Cooper/Christiansen story...because it was seven years between the time Rattenbury bought the house and when KC became a suspect. In addition, Carolyn Tyner did not claim that she suspected KC was Cooper. She said she just did not know, but that her ex-husband and Kenny were pretty secretive and never told her anything they didn't have to. I've had the thought that someone else should do a more in-depth interview with her on her life with Robin in the years they were living with KC, since they and McWilliams were the last ones to live with him before he died.

After all of that, Carolyn Tyner's story from 1995 still confirms what Rattenbury said. In all, at least three people knew about this money. Rattenbury, Tyner, and whomever told Rattenbury, i.e. the previous owner of the house. This house was sold at least twice more between the time Robin and Carolyn sold it, and when Rattenbury bought it. It was changing hands like a busy one-dollar bill.

Carolyn was quite free with the details about her life with Robin Powell, living with KC, and her present life in Colorado. She was consistent, open, and I could find no reason to doubt her word on events. When people lie, the first thing you do is ask WHY. What would motivate them to lie? What do they have to gain or lose by lying? In Carolyn's case, I could find no motivation. She just told me what she knew and left it at that.

None of this proves absolutely that this money existed, or that it was part of the ransom, or that KC was the hijacker. I have said this. But it is interesting when added to the other evidence presented against Christiansen. The large estate, the hiding spot above his bedroom, his sudden wealth (1971 standards), the lies by Bernie Geestman, and other things.

Scott Rolle, the former state prosecutor who was a cast member on Decoded said that sometimes the KC story is like looking at a puzzle where some of the pieces are still missing. But he said if you stood back and looked at the entire picture, you could get a good idea on what KC was about. I tend to agree.

I'm not going to tell anyone that the occasional mistake wasn't made while doing this investigation. Sure there was. There was no comic on Shemya, and the horses driven by Margie Geestman were in fact DRAFT horses, not Clydesdales...although I don't see what that has to do with the case.

But now you have two guys down in the Tena Bar area who claim to have found shards of the money BEFORE Brian Ingram...but the famous money find by Ingram has been known for over thirty years. This is much different than a story of two or more people who didn't know each other, and were separated by a thousand miles who give the same story on a bag of twenties...and have no idea that this story could be associated with the Cooper case. What would be the motivation to make this up? There was no possible link to the hijacking between 1995-2007, yet the story persisted. That's 12 years between the time the money was allegedly found and when Cooper became a suspect. Then it became obvious that this story needed to be checked as closely as possible. It's still inconclusive, but the principal witnesses gave the same story even though neither had ever met.

I have a couple of final points, and they regard this case in general, as well as the many people who have worked on it:

1) Name one person or organization that hasn't made a mistake along the way while investigating the case. Or to reverse this, got everything right. If they had gotten everything right, the case would probably be solved by now.

2) Just because one item might be wrong, doesn't mean EVERYTHING is wrong. And in the case of things that have nothing to do with the identity of the hijacker, or solving the case, those 'wrong' items can be discounted anyway. They are off-point.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Nov 17, 2012, 1:01 PM)
Attachments: countercomparison.jpg (115 KB)

First page Previous page 1 ... 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 ... 2108 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)