Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video

Deisel  (D 31661)

Nov 17, 2012, 6:56 AM
Post #1 of 24 (3833 views)
Shortcut
Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video Can't Post

http://www.cnn.com/...cats-controversy.cnn

As if we needed it, here's more proof that some people just don't get it. And are pretty damned gullible too!

Mr_Polite  (D 420)

Nov 17, 2012, 7:57 AM
Post #2 of 24 (3715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deisel] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

It should be obvious this is fake! I wonder how these people would react to the video of people taking chickens skydiving.

Lukasz_Se  (A License)

Nov 17, 2012, 8:15 AM
Post #3 of 24 (3689 views)
Shortcut

It was filmed at my dropzone when i was doing my AFF, i can not believe anyone would be so retarded to not see that it was fake. This just proves how naive and dumb some are...

jrouse  (B 38781)

Nov 17, 2012, 9:33 AM
Post #4 of 24 (3648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lukasz_Se] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

W...T...F.. how would any moron believe that is real?

RiggerLee

Nov 17, 2012, 1:50 PM
Post #5 of 24 (3493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrouse] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

You know this actually could be kind of cool. You've seen how they spread out when they fall and jump. I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies. A rig would be easy. I've got pin pullers and old aad's. Any body ever taken a cat into a wind tunnel to see how they act? Pud, Robbins old dog used to love to jump tandom with him.

Lee

DocPop  (C License)

Nov 17, 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #6 of 24 (3485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr_Polite] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
It should be obvious this is fake! I wonder how these people would react to the video of people taking chickens skydiving.

It's only a Google search away.

NeonLights  (D License)

Nov 17, 2012, 2:50 PM
Post #7 of 24 (3430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RiggerLee] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
You know this actually could be kind of cool. You've seen how they spread out when they fall and jump. I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies. A rig would be easy. I've got pin pullers and old aad's. Any body ever taken a cat into a wind tunnel to see how they act? Pud, Robbins old dog used to love to jump tandom with him.

Lee

I had an instructor that told us a story about someone taking a cat up with them and jumping with it. He claimed the cat tracked over to him and latched on. Ended up with huge gashes in his chest. I would like to see the video of that one.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Nov 17, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #8 of 24 (3335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeonLights] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Lee

I had an instructor that told us a story about someone taking a cat up with them and jumping with it. He claimed the cat tracked over to him and latched on. Ended up with huge gashes in his chest. I would like to see the video of that one.

That reminds me of a - fiction - story in SKYDIVING magazine about 20 years ago. The title was "The Man Who Loved Cat Chasing." The plot was sick and twisted and perverse and I laughed my cat-loving ass off!

Iago  (D License)

Nov 17, 2012, 5:20 PM
Post #9 of 24 (3322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

How about Bedtime Stories for Skydivers? The had that one about Cat Stacking.

Andy9o8  (D License)

Nov 17, 2012, 8:11 PM
Post #10 of 24 (3220 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
It should be obvious this is fake!

Shocked That's a fake???

Unimpressed Wow. Just wow.

kd5xb  (Student)

Nov 18, 2012, 6:56 AM
Post #12 of 24 (3000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RiggerLee] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies.

Years ago, I was told that cats fall "back to earth" -- as opposed to cats "return to earth". Of course the guy who told me this was someone who should know, he was pretty "weird".

Anybody know Harold?

(This post was edited by kd5xb on Nov 18, 2012, 7:01 AM)

dirtbox  (D 31759)

Nov 18, 2012, 9:26 AM
Post #13 of 24 (2912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kd5xb] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

I could be wrong but from memory I watched that russian cat one a while back, that one showed in the CNN story is actually the second one. You will notice its' claws are taped over? The first time they did it they hadn't thought of this and it scratched the shit out of someone else in the plane/the jumper IIRC.

dirtbox  (D 31759)

Nov 18, 2012, 9:26 AM
Post #14 of 24 (2912 views)
Shortcut

I could be wrong but from memory I watched that russian cat one a while back, that one showed in the CNN story is actually the second one. You will notice its' claws are taped over? The first time they did it they hadn't thought of this and it scratched the shit out of someone else in the plane/the jumper IIRC.

Southern_Man  (C License)

Nov 18, 2012, 7:08 PM
Post #15 of 24 (2758 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly.

Iago  (D License)

Nov 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #16 of 24 (2717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southern_Man] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

I thank God they didn't use pigs instead if cats.

That would have obligated me to make good on a whole bunch of promises I thought I'd never have to.

freeflyfree  (D 28117)

Nov 19, 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #17 of 24 (2689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dirtbox] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

..."after three years of competition, he'd finally made it to the World Cat Chasing Championships."...

..."No beast alive could scratch like a cat in freefall. That was part of it, the sheer insanity of six adults chasing a cat through the sky at speeds in excess of 120mph"...

..."There had been moves by some to have the cats de-clawed. -to make it safer-, they said. But they were outsiders. They never really understood the sport. The claws made it more than just a high altitude football game. The claws were the sting"...

..."There were very few human Fatalities in the sport. The cats did not fare as well"...

..."The best known human fatality was the legendary Rocco Van Zant"...

From the Book MORE BEDTIME STORIES FOR SKYDIVERS, by Larry Schatz

Great read!, on sale at http://www.skydivingmagazine.com/clearance.htm

BSBD

Felipe

BigBUG  (D License)

Nov 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #18 of 24 (2678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Iago] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

This book has both stories - Cat Chasing and Cat Stacking.

I made an amateur translations to Russian for my friends of some of the stories from this fantastic book, but never touched these Cat stories - I didn't want the outrage:)

Ppl sometimes just loses their minds while discussing about pets. Sense of humor goes off first.

weekender  (C License)

Nov 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #19 of 24 (2523 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly.

an Arthur Carlson quote. i tip my hat. you sir understand funny.

ElectricFetus

Dec 9, 2012, 2:06 AM
Post #20 of 24 (1949 views)
Shortcut

oh dear hopscotching jesus, *HIGH FIVE* for obscure "WKRP in cincinatti" reference!

my friends call me 'the archive'. i recall [and have evidence of...] so many trivial items regarding our activities and pop culture in general.Angelic

chuteless  (D 41)

Dec 9, 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #21 of 24 (1877 views)
Shortcut

I know several; guys ( now deceased) who jumped with a cat back int 60s. It was okay I guess, untuil the cat scratched one of them in FF and the cat scratched him.

I dont know if he tried to get it again, but he didnt and the cat screeched in.

Knowing the guys in this episode, I doubt they held a funeral for it.

They also jumped with a monkey, and they intended for it to decend to earth using a pilot chute. The monkey climbed up over the top of the pilot chute, and tumbled. every time he would be under the chute, he was okay, but he insisted on climbing onto the top of the PC and he paid the price for it.

If you think something never happened, you can be sure it did.

(This post was edited by chuteless on Dec 9, 2012, 10:20 AM)

kd5xb  (Student)

Dec 11, 2012, 7:31 PM
Post #22 of 24 (1695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuteless] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

Chuteless, did you ever run across a guy named Harold, in eastern North Carolina? I have heard the monkey story before, as well as the cat story -- and this Harold claimed to have been there for one or the other -- but I haven't seen him for some 30 years now.

chuteless  (D 41)

Dec 12, 2012, 6:46 AM
Post #23 of 24 (1624 views)
Shortcut

NO.....I cannot recall any Harold...except for my brother.

Both jumps I described were done in Ohio, and the two guys who passed the cat in freefall and then sent it into eternal freefall, were drowned on the Lake Erie Jump, Aug 27th 1962.

kd5xb  (Student)

Dec 12, 2012, 6:53 AM
Post #24 of 24 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuteless] Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks. was hoping to find some old friends. blue skies
Earl

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)