Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Chicago area gear store

twspahn  (A 64742)

Nov 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Chicago area gear store Can't Post

I was told in passing of a very nice gear store in the Chicago area but haven't had any success with a web search. Any Chicagoland jumpers with some local knowledge?

indyz  (D 28525)

Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [twspahn] Chicago area gear store [In reply to] Can't Post

ParaGear is in Skokie. They carry almost everything, but it isn't really a gear store where you can wander around and look at merchandise. They are primarily mail-order / internet based, but they have a sales counter and are happy to help out if you show up in person.

ParaConcepts at Skydive Chicago in Ottawa is a full-service gear store and rigging loft.

I think the new Chicagoland Skydiving Center in Rochelle might have a pro shop, but I can't remember.

twspahn  (A 64742)

Nov 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [indyz] Chicago area gear store [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Sir! I'm basically just looking for a new helmet and hate buying without being able to try it on. I take the online sizing charts with a big grain of salt.

erdnarob  (D 364)

Nov 16, 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1085 views)
Shortcut

You can buy from ParaGear on line. Ask them to send you a catalog. ParaGear is one of the most complete store for skydiving stuff.

dot_txt  (A License)

Nov 20, 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #5 of 5 (898 views)
Shortcut

Both Para Gear in Skokie and Para Concepts in Ottawa are very nice. I just picked up a G3 from Para Gear last week, and was able to try it at the store. I'd hit either of those 2 companies up.

I also think CSC has a pro shop, but they may be closed for the season along with the dropzone. Not sure.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)