Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Semi stowless dbag + Wings.

woppyvac  (D 33147)

Nov 8, 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #1 of 8 (2194 views)
Shortcut
Semi stowless dbag + Wings. Can't Post

Anyone jumping a Wings container with a semi stow-less dbag? If so where did you get yours and how well does it marry up with the container?

I've a w-10 with a 150 sabre2 that I'd like to go stowless on.

parkair  (D 33246)

Nov 9, 2012, 4:57 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woppyvac] Semi stowless dbag + Wings. [In reply to] Can't Post

I used one in my Wings W22. I had the V350 semi bag in it. Worked great. Contact Greg Rau at Vector. You can find his email address on the Vector website. He can tell you the correct semi bag size for your container. You will love it. MP

theonlyski  (D License)

Nov 9, 2012, 7:38 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1983 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Anyone jumping a Wings container with a semi stow-less dbag? If so where did you get yours and how well does it marry up with the container?

Chutingstar is also selling the Aerosport bags. You take measurements off your current bag and they build them to match.

http://www.chutingstar.com/.../aerosports-nostobag

You'll likely be happy with either, but IMO the Aerosport bag will be more forgiving of a downsize because it has actual tuck tabs that don't require friction from the canopy to hold the line stow pocket shut.

woppyvac  (D 33147)

Nov 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Semi stowless dbag + Wings. [In reply to] Can't Post

TY

faulk04  (D 32457)

Nov 9, 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1923 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

I have a w-11 with a pilot 150 in it. I use a v348 stowless bag and it works fine.

I believe the Pilot packs a little bigger than the sabre (but don't quote me on that)

Southern_Man  (C License)

Nov 9, 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulk04] Semi stowless dbag + Wings. [In reply to] Can't Post

Anybody using a magnetic bag? I've got a Wings and thinking of going to a stowless bag.

SRI85  (D License)

Nov 9, 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1893 views)
Shortcut

i use one for my W2 container. Got it from UPT. Works great. You will probably have a hard time measuring it yourself since the seams are curved. So just save your self the time and just give Rick at Wings a call. He has that info readily availible.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Nov 9, 2012, 9:28 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southern_Man] Semi stowless dbag + Wings. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Southern,

Quote:
Anybody using a magnetic bag?

I've built a fair number of magnetic bags. The last two customers who asked for them I talked into going with the NoStoBag.

IMO it is far simply, easier & you won't get your fingers pinched.

Building the magnetic bags as an R & D project gave me a lot of feedback. The one thing most of the folks liked was that the pouch was closed on three sides. I kept that concept in developing the NoStoBag.

Mad

JerryBaumchen

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)