Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
About to start jumping! Save money this way?

hut4car

Nov 6, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #1 of 4 (572 views)
Shortcut
About to start jumping! Save money this way? Can't Post

Im a paraglider pilot, and I would like to venture out and try other canopy sports. I likely will jump as avidly as I fly (my life is consumed!).

I have read a post where someone became a rigger and was able to pack in turn for jumps. Im looking to not cut corners, but to cut costs. Would this be a good thing to pursue? I understand it wont be simple but I am willing to put in the time if it can help.

What other ways have you heard of that would make this all less costly. Without giving up a realistic approach of course!

What other ways have you heard of that would make this all less costly. With out giving up a realistic approach of course!

Southern_Man  (C License)

Nov 7, 2012, 8:34 AM
Post #2 of 4 (511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hut4car] About to start jumping! Save money this way? [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know what country you are in. In the USA you can pack without being a rigger. It is a way a lot of people have taken to get started in the sport. Contact your local DZ and see if they can help you.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Nov 7, 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #3 of 4 (492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hut4car] About to start jumping! Save money this way? [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile A lot of people earn extra money by packing. It's easy to learn how, it's harder to get into the rotation at some dz's. The same goes for being a tandem instructor, coach, camera flyer, rigger. Talk to your local dz to see if they need extra packers first.

wolfriverjoe  (A 50013)

Nov 7, 2012, 1:26 PM
Post #4 of 4 (471 views)
Shortcut

It's not that simple. Getting a rigger ticket is a pretty serious investment in both time and money.

And the packing jobs are among the most coveted at the DZ. You aren't going to just walk onto the DZ and start packing, even with a rigger ticket.

Less costly?

Buy a tent and learn to like Ramen. Angelic

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)