SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER
Date of Issue: 4/13/2012
Certificate: SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER Print
Ratings:
SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER
BACK
CHEST
SEAT
the date of issue is the one of my latest ratings (chest+seat), but does anybody know if the date of my first rating is showing anywhere ?

jimjumper  (D 11137)

Oct 30, 2012, 9:44 AM
Post #2 of 17 (896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

I jst looked mine up and it doesn't show the original issue date. I switched from the paper version to the credit card type in August and it shows that as the issue date on both my card and the FAA website.

NovaTTT  (D 17887)

Oct 30, 2012, 9:45 AM
Post #3 of 17 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

My understanding is the FAA shows only the date of the most recently received rating on the Airman's Certificate.

For example, you became a senior rigger, back type, in 1970 and added a seat rating last week. The FAA will list you as a Senior Rigger, Back and Seat ratings, 10/22/2012.

It is also my understanding the dates are discreet, so a rigger date will not change a pilot date, for example, but each will show the most recent date of certification.

Premier 554

Oct 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #4 of 17 (878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NovaTTT] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

I just changed from paper certificates to plastic and changed my licence number from my SS# to a differnt number in August. I have a pilot certificate and a rigger certificate. When I got both certificates back, both had August dates. I passed the practical test for powered parachute in June. It took 4 months to get that from the FAA. I received a new pilot license with that endorsment on it. That license replaced the one I just got and it had a June date on it(The date on the powered parachute application). So it seems every time there's a change or update on your certificate the issue date is updated.

CarpeDiem3  (D License)

Oct 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #5 of 17 (877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NovaTTT] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
My understanding is the FAA shows only the date of the most recently received rating on the Airman's Certificate.

Hmmm. If I was looking for a rigger that I didn't personally know, I'd want to know how many years of experience he has. And that system doesn't show it. Some guy who got his rating last week looks just the same as Dave DeWolf. Me no like.

Premier 554

Oct 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #6 of 17 (873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CarpeDiem3] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like it either. I've had my certificates for many years, and it looks like I just got everything a couple months ago.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Oct 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #7 of 17 (851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [554] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

OTOH the dates reflect your rigger's most recent training.

Personally, I don't want some grumpy old bastard - who learned everything he needed to know 30 years ago - working on my reserve.
I prefer to hire riggers who have recently done refresher training or added a new rating.

For the record, last year I attended a PIA Symposium and taught a CSPA Rigger A Course.
This year I added a Sigma TI rating and passed a Firearms Possession and Acquisition License Course.

theonlyski  (D License)

Oct 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #8 of 17 (831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
OTOH the dates reflect your rigger's most recent training.

Personally, I don't want some grumpy old bastard - who learned everything he needed to know 30 years ago - working on my reserve.
I prefer to hire riggers who have recently done refresher training or added a new rating.

For the record, last year I attended a PIA Symposium and taught a CSPA Rigger A Course.
This year I added a Sigma TI rating and passed a Firearms Possession and Acquisition License Course.

But there are only 4 type ratings in the US. One could get an add on every year for 4 years, then (provided they meet the requirements) get a Master rating and have no way to update their ratings anymore (short of becoming a DPRE).

theonlyski  (D License)

Oct 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #9 of 17 (821 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
It is also my understanding the dates are discreet, so a rigger date will not change a pilot date, for example, but each will show the most recent date of certification.

I believe you are correct, it is a different certificate number so it is separate.

jonstark  (D 8298)

Oct 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #10 of 17 (815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I believe you are correct, it is a different certificate number so it is separate.

If you move and get replacement certificates the date will reflect that issuance of all certificates. Sucks! I've had my riggers ticket and A&P since 1976 but the record says 2007 when I changed addresses.

jon

theonlyski  (D License)

Oct 30, 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #11 of 17 (811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonstark] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

If you move and get replacement certificates the date will reflect that issuance of all certificates. Sucks! I've had my riggers ticket and A&P since 1976 but the record says 2007 when I changed addresses.

jon

I'm sure anyone that is that concerned with it can contact their FSDO to get a copy of the initial dates for any certificate.

piisfish

Oct 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #12 of 17 (779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

I still have my certificate of the first rating framed in my loft. The second one too Smile

wolfriverjoe  (A 50013)

Oct 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #13 of 17 (771 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Mine aren't.

I got the plastic for my pilot's license (and the new "Non-SS#") in June 09, and my rigger cert in May 09 and they both have the same number.

I hadn't updated my pilot's cert to plastic (and the new number) until I got my rigger's cert.

Premier 554

Oct 30, 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #14 of 17 (762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wolfriverjoe] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine aren't.

I got the plastic for my pilot's license (and the new "Non-SS#") in June 09, and my rigger cert in May 09 and they both have the same number.

I hadn't updated my pilot's cert to plastic (and the new number) until I got my rigger's cert.

My pilot certificate and my rigger certificate have the same number also.

theonlyski  (D License)

Oct 30, 2012, 1:28 PM
Post #15 of 17 (744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [554] Administrative rigging question / FAA oriented [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Mine aren't.

My pilot certificate and my rigger certificate have the same number also.
Interesting. Did you also convert your paper certs when you had both to the plastic?

Are they on the same card?

Premier 554

Oct 30, 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #16 of 17 (737 views)
Shortcut

Interesting. Did you also convert your paper certs when you had both to the plastic?

I'm not sure what you mean by convert my paper certificates. I had paper, then I requested that I get the certificate number changed so that it wasn't my SS#. When they sent the replacements, they were the plastic cards.

The pilot license and rigger license are different certificates on 2 different cards, but they both have the same certificate number.

wolfriverjoe  (A 50013)

Oct 30, 2012, 1:57 PM
Post #17 of 17 (722 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

I'm not sure what you mean by convert my paper certificates. I had paper, then I requested that I get the certificate number changed so that it wasn't my SS#. When they sent the replacements, they were the plastic cards.

The pilot license and rigger license are different certificates on 2 different cards, but they both have the same certificate number.
Me too. I made the request right before I went to the rigger class so that I would have the new number for my rigger cert.

And I have 2 seperate cards, one for rigger, one for pilot (I actually have a 3rd for ground instructor too, but it's been a long, long time and I don't use that).

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)