Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Viso2 Spedometer Accuracy

shibu  (C 42074)

Oct 22, 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #1 of 6 (984 views)
Shortcut
Viso2 Spedometer Accuracy Can't Post

I just got a visio2. I jumped with it three times yesterday. My last jump was just a belly dive with a 10sec track. It said my highest speed was 169mph. Is this my vertical speed? How accurate is this? Does this indicate a poor track position? I was under the impression that during a good track your vertical speed will slow as your horizontal speed increases.

(This post was edited by shibu on Oct 22, 2012, 1:25 PM)

sundevil777  (D License)

Oct 22, 2012, 1:12 PM
Post #2 of 6 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shibu] Visio2 Spedometer Accuracy [In reply to] Can't Post

Viso, not Visio.

It is vertical speed, but the data is typically "noisy" and can show unrealistic numbers. The people you jump with should be able to confirm if your track is so lousy that you could have been diving that fast.

shibu  (C 42074)

Oct 22, 2012, 1:25 PM
Post #3 of 6 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] Visio2 Spedometer Accuracy [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Viso, not Visio.

It is vertical speed, but the data is typically "noisy" and can show unrealistic numbers. The people you jump with should be able to confirm if your track is so lousy that you could have been diving that fast.

Thanks.

nigel99  (D 1)

Oct 22, 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #4 of 6 (865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shibu] Viso2 Spedometer Accuracy [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I just got a visio2. I jumped with it three times yesterday. My last jump was just a belly dive with a 10sec track. It said my highest speed was 169mph. Is this my vertical speed? How accurate is this? Does this indicate a poor track position? I was under the impression that during a good track your vertical speed will slow as your horizontal speed increases.

Remember that the Viso has Skydiver Airspeed and True Airspeed. SAS compensates for altitude and is a better measurement. I get spurious readings on my Viso though (best speed to date - 850MPh on a hop and popLaughLaugh)

From memory you can replay the jump and watch the speed (read the manual).

CygnusX-1  (B 28761)

Oct 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #5 of 6 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] Viso2 Spedometer Accuracy [In reply to] Can't Post

So what you are saying is the Felix wasn't the first person to break the sound barrier while skydiving? Sly

excaza  (C License)

Oct 24, 2012, 4:23 AM
Post #6 of 6 (699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CygnusX-1] Viso2 Spedometer Accuracy [In reply to] Can't Post

Just the first to break the speed of light!

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)