Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff!

Premier WickedWingsuits  (D 30916)

Oct 21, 2012, 7:40 AM
Post #1 of 16 (2800 views)
Shortcut
Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! Can't Post

First in a series of Wingsuit Safety Announcements, this art is called "Keep 'em Closed". Available both as a yard sign and as a postcard sized sticker. Yard signs are great for the boarding area and stickers can be put near the door\lights on the plane as a safety placard. Please check with your plane owner before sticking stuff in their plane!

Put in your request at: https://docs.google.com/...Y0NKOEdSSmc6MQ#gid=1

The only stipulation for getting these free is to send us a photo of where you put them. I will be sending out the first batch at the end of the month.

Credit goes to Brian Caldwell\Lurch for the inspiration for this design.
Attachments: KeepEmClosedSmaller.jpg (274 KB)

Oct 21, 2012, 3:48 PM
Post #2 of 16 (2677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WickedWingsuits] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

I created an easier URL:

http://tinyurl.com/donthitshit

Also, among the many requests I already got a few people have asked for French and Spanish. I added options for different languages onto the form but I might need some help translating into Russian and Australian.

Also, if you don't want to get signs\stickers directly PLEASE feel free to use this 100% royalty and credit free, just don't change it without asking me.

(This post was edited by WickedWingsuits on Oct 21, 2012, 3:55 PM)

johnmatrix  (D 9999)

Oct 21, 2012, 4:05 PM
Post #3 of 16 (2667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WickedWingsuits] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
help translating into ... Australian.

"Fucken don't hit the tail."

Oct 21, 2012, 4:36 PM
Post #4 of 16 (2656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnmatrix] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I was expecting something like this and also maybe "Harden the fuck up". :-) I will get some to Patto to hand out.

kallend  (D 23151)

Oct 21, 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #5 of 16 (2643 views)
Shortcut

Thanks, Simon, an excellent idea and one that is likely to be effective in combating complacency and forgetfulness.

Oct 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #6 of 16 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Here is a link to the masters in English and other languages including German and French. Finnish and Spanish are on the way.

Try and leave Wickey on there but if the only way you will use these is by removing the logo then go for it.

https://docs.google.com/...SEs2TFlMNm1MY1U/edit

The physical signs and stickers that people have requested will be sent out at the end of the month.

(This post was edited by WickedWingsuits on Oct 24, 2012, 11:46 AM)

piisfish

Oct 25, 2012, 8:08 AM
Post #7 of 16 (2335 views)
Shortcut

the french is wrong

should be "passé" i/o "passer"

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Oct 25, 2012, 8:12 AM
Post #8 of 16 (2330 views)
Shortcut

I like it.

RMK

Oct 26, 2012, 2:01 AM
Post #9 of 16 (2251 views)
Shortcut

Great idea. We've sent it off to the "Art Department" which proposes a variation on the theme. Put a "WW" logo on it and you're set.

legal disclaimer: the photo depicted was not taken by or property of the artist as he does not possess a small monkey he can dress up in miniature wingsuits... that would be so cool though
Attachments: Safety1.jpg (63.2 KB)

Squeak  (E 1313)

Oct 26, 2012, 4:23 AM
Post #10 of 16 (2204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnmatrix] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Umm the syntax is wrong.
Here we'd say 'DON'T HIT THE FUCKING TAIL CUNT."

(This post was edited by Squeak on Oct 26, 2012, 4:24 AM)

Oct 31, 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #11 of 16 (2003 views)
Shortcut

The google docs link now includes Spanish and Finnish.

Tomorrow morning I am going to get signs and stickers going for everyone that has ordered them so far. Almost 40 orders to date! Thats awesome. If you want in on the first batch be sure to get the entry in soon.

Oct 31, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
the french is wrong

Qui, I will fixé.

piisfish

Nov 1, 2012, 1:57 AM
Post #13 of 16 (1966 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
the french is wrong

Qui, I will fixé.
many thanks for what you are doing for our beautiful activity, King Wickey Cool

Mac  (C 101464)

Nov 1, 2012, 2:32 AM
Post #14 of 16 (1960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RMK] Wingsuit Safety Signs - Keep 'em Closed - Free Stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
...as he does not possess a small monkey he can dress up in miniature wingsuits... that would be so cool though

That has just made me laugh out quite loudly in my very silent office....

Thanks for the morning giggle! - Great picture!

notsane  (D 9465)

Nov 1, 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #15 of 16 (1884 views)
Shortcut

Great idea, Simon. Tell everyone to get these in the back of the jump planes.

yeyo  (D 32048)

Nov 1, 2012, 8:24 PM
Post #16 of 16 (1801 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
The google docs link now includes Spanish and Finnish.

Just some typos there on the Spanish version:
"Atencion pilotos de traje con alas"
"hasta que hayas pasado..." only one S

Thanks for this!

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)