Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Hello from Minnesota

lilmomma10  (Student)

Oct 20, 2012, 1:25 PM
Post #1 of 4 (284 views)
Shortcut
Hello from Minnesota Can't Post

Hello my name is Jamie.

My brother got me started into skydiving and now I feel hooked. On the plane to WA the other day all I could think about when I looked out the window was jumping. I wanted to jump so bad.

I passed my Aff course a few weeks ago however on my graduation jump I managed to break my radius and needed surgery. For whatever reason I am having difficulties with stand up landings.

Well I am now out for the season as I imagine you cannot safely jump with a brace on or shouldn't. Frown

I am currently looking into canopy courses to see if they will help me with my landing. I am also interested in the sisters of the sky and want to look into this at my local drop zone.

I can wait for spring so I can get back and have some fun. Smile

Blue Skies

Trafficdiver  (D License)

Oct 20, 2012, 4:47 PM
Post #2 of 4 (268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilmomma10] Hello from Minnesota [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hello my name is Jamie.

My brother got me started into skydiving and now I feel hooked. On the plane to WA the other day all I could think about when I looked out the window was jumping. I wanted to jump so bad.

I passed my Aff course a few weeks ago however on my graduation jump I managed to break my radius and needed surgery. For whatever reason I am having difficulties with stand up landings.

Well I am now out for the season as I imagine you cannot safely jump with a brace on or shouldn't. Frown

I am currently looking into canopy courses to see if they will help me with my landing. I am also interested in the sisters of the sky and want to look into this at my local drop zone.

I can wait for spring so I can get back and have some fun. Smile

Blue Skies
It took me over 25 jumps to consistently stand up my landings so you're normal.

I know what you mean about wanting to jump from a commercial jet flight. I want to get out so bad too.

Good luck healing up and get back out there ASAP.Smile

lilmomma10  (Student)

Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #3 of 4 (260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trafficdiver] Hello from Minnesota [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for your reply. I cannot wait to get back out there. Wink

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Oct 21, 2012, 6:09 AM
Post #4 of 4 (254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilmomma10] Hello from Minnesota [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile Many women have trouble nailing their landings when they first start, there have been many, many women frustrated about this over the years. You're on the right track to let your body heal and to look into a canopy course. Good luck when you come back!

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)