Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Wats up Everyone

Psychs

Oct 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #1 of 7 (595 views)
Shortcut
Wats up Everyone Can't Post

New to the sport looking on advice about rigs???

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Oct 20, 2012, 6:33 AM
Post #2 of 7 (546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Psychs] Wats up Everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile What kind of advice are you looking for? What is your experience level?

Psychs

Oct 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #3 of 7 (533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Wats up Everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Im going to start my aff soon. I have money put aside for a rig but dont know if I should wait to buy after my aff or what? To me makes more since to have my own rig for when I start to solo.There wouldnt be any gear rental or if there would be. Im 5"8 and 185 lbs dont know what kind of main reserve etc. Or what a good price is rather buy used then spend thousands and thousands on a new rig.

Trafficdiver  (D License)

Oct 20, 2012, 4:50 PM
Post #4 of 7 (521 views)
Shortcut

I'd say use the DZ's rig until you get your license. You're going to learn a shitload about rigs over the next 25 jumps and you'll have a much easier time deciding on what rig to buy then.

Once you get your A, troll the classified forums and you'll find plenty of good deals on used rigs.

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Oct 20, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #5 of 7 (519 views)
Shortcut

You are getting waaaaay ahead of yourself.
Now is not the time to be worrying about rigs.
Focus on skydiving skills and safety.

In reply to:
I'd say use the DZ's rig until you get your license.

+1
You'll be flying multiple canopy sizes during your training and you have no clue right now as to what rig to buy that will fill your canopy needs on a long-term basis.

FlyingRhenquest  (B 37920)

Oct 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #6 of 7 (513 views)
Shortcut

Good advice, so far! You'll be dialing in the canopy size you want to jump. There's no sense in buying something before you know what you're comfortable jumping.

Pay attention to the equipment you're renting, so if you find one you particularly like you can lean toward that. If your dropzone offers a packing class, I'd suggest taking that too. You'll learn a lot about your gear that way. A LOT.

Psychs

Oct 21, 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #7 of 7 (479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FlyingRhenquest] Wats up Everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok Thanks good advice I am jumping the gun. Im just really excited. I start my aff Saturday paid in full. Ill just hand on to rig money until i get my license. Im going to take the packing class also. I use to fly planes and realized
that wasn't what I wanted to do all I kept thinking about was jumping out of the plane lol.Thanks for the advice ill upload video of my aff when finished.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)