Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
Editing a video to remove a camera-added effect

RMK

Oct 6, 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #1 of 3 (592 views)
Shortcut
Editing a video to remove a camera-added effect Can't Post

I have some video that was taken on a Canon Ixus (pocket point & shoot) where they accidentally took all the video with the “colour accent” feature turned on which yields a black & white video with one single colour shown as original. The files created are .MOV files.

I have Sony Vegas Pro 11; is there a way to convert these videos back to full colour?

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Oct 7, 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #2 of 3 (534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RMK] Editing a video to remove a camera-added effect [In reply to] Can't Post

nope. Once the color pass extracts chroma from the image; you're married to it.

RMK

Oct 7, 2012, 3:30 AM
Post #3 of 3 (520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] Editing a video to remove a camera-added effect [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I assumed unless a RAW file was also saved, I was out of luck. Was hoping there was some magic/witchcraft feature in SonyVegas that could save the day.

You expect this when you hand a camera to just anyone standing around you. However, In this case it was a professional photographer who had forgotten the battery packs to his Canon 5D. I said “here, take my pocket and Ixus and see what you get”. He accidentally changed the settings and all the vids are B&W with green highlights – I’ll know better next time.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)